Author Topic: (Research) Drone Controllers  (Read 776 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
(Research) Drone Controllers
« on: 07 April 2023, 23:56:48 »
 Drone (Remote) Carrier Control System, TO, pg.304-5.

I don't quite understand the relationship between the DCCS and the additional 0.5 tons per controlled drone unit.

1.If I buy a single DCCS, do I control a single drone?  Or must I add 0.5 tons to control it? And my crew increase by 1?

2.If I buy a single DCCS and 1 ton to control two additional drones, do I now control three drones with three additional crew, or two drones with two additional crew? 

*(I envision this as the electronics to send a receive signals (the DCCS) and the three control interfaces (Monitor, keyboard, etc.) to control three drones operated by three people.

3. Is there any purpose to mounting more than 1 DCCS?  For example, I want to control a Company of 12 units from my support vehicle.  I should only need one DCCS (2 tons), and 6 tons to control my Company, right?

If I want to operate a drone BATTALION, I would need my support vehicle to mount a single DCCS and 18 additional tons to control all 36 units.

Thanks.

Edit-I believe the DCCS has no control interfaces, so modified my question to say I must buy a DCCS and a single interface for 2.5 tons and a single crewman to control a single drone.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2023, 15:35:28 by Xotl »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: Another drone question
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2023, 00:57:49 »
Bump.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder