Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: Thunder Stallion  (Read 10149 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: 'Mech of the Week: Thunder Stallion
« Reply #30 on: 04 July 2020, 16:36:49 »
Hey kids! Want to keep those vulnerable flanks of your Thunder Stallion pest-free? You're a Hells Horses player, right? Silly goose, you need a point of Kus on guard duty! They're tough, they're able to easily keep pace with the waddling beast, they have plenty of options in their toy chest to deal with problems at any range, and- let's be real- they're fairly disposable if you need to make a tough choice. Tell 'em Hellbie sent you!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #31 on: 04 July 2020, 17:50:55 »
Hey kids! Want to keep those vulnerable flanks of your Thunder Stallion pest-free? You're a Hells Horses player, right? Silly goose, you need a point of Kus on guard duty! They're tough, they're able to easily keep pace with the waddling beast, they have plenty of options in their toy chest to deal with problems at any range, and- let's be real- they're fairly disposable if you need to make a tough choice. Tell 'em Hellbie sent you!

How about a mixed Nova of two or three Thunder Stallion’s with the rest of the points as Ku’s all accompanied by Nova points of Buraq’s.

Could be known as a “Thundering Herd” Nova.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 04 July 2020, 17:51:49 »
Tell 'em Hellbie sent you!
As long as they don't have to use your dice.
Totally forgot those exist. They certainly have fitting looks.  :P

There is obviously the option of using one as an actual troop transport...
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 04 July 2020, 19:26:44 »
I used to call it the "Blunderstud", and used it as a blunderbuss working with Elemental stars in certain scenarios.  the mini was a pain to paint and mine didn't seem to be able to stay standing until I found an Extra Large base I could fasten it to.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 24 July 2020, 17:49:45 »
Corrections:
Quad prone behind partial cover: out of line of sight, and cannot target other 'mechs
Quad hull down: +0, attacks are resolved the same way as usual

But yeah, hull down behind partial cover is kind of nuts.

So the squat is a way to gain an additional +1 in terrain (but not in the open)?  And does it also work behind partial cover?

and, MAN, this REALLY helps the Quads, because they're crazy vulnerable with those big open sides...  :(

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #35 on: 30 December 2020, 18:57:32 »
Sooo...now that Shrapnel #3 has been out for a bit, anyone wanna talk about the Thunder Stallion 4?

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 31 December 2020, 10:43:14 »
Isn't she a custom variant, that they were giving lip service to production/refit model?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 31 December 2020, 12:02:43 »
It just dawned on me, the Thunder Stallion is in essence the Goliath IIC, or the Tequila Gunner with the extra tubes.  Just with no MGs.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #38 on: 31 December 2020, 15:39:35 »
Isn't she a custom variant, that they were giving lip service to production/refit model?

Initially, but the fluff implied the Hell's Horses were looking into building their own.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #39 on: 03 January 2021, 00:14:19 »
Well, the head of the Horse's Watch in 3150 pilots a Thunder Stallion.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 03 January 2021, 02:29:19 »
Well, the head of the Horse's Watch in 3150 pilots a Thunder Stallion.
  Well, nothing says 'not a spy' like driving a thirty meter tall armored building loaded with missiles and a big-ass cannon.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #41 on: 03 January 2021, 13:51:22 »
Well, the head of the Watch is not a spy . . . he is a manager of spies.  He is not introduced as the Loremaster either, which is the typical position with the duties.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 03 January 2021, 17:20:12 »
Well, the head of the Watch is not a spy . . . he is a manager of spies.  He is not introduced as the Loremaster either, which is the typical position with the duties.

The Watch is also much larger than spies. It’s a sometimes secret police force that as of recently (for most clans) also runs spy games.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #43 on: 03 January 2021, 21:13:50 »
Initially, but the fluff implied the Hell's Horses were looking into building their own.

3135: Ann-Marie Dalmas captures a thunder stallion when a CHH raid almost completely wipes out her merc unit
3136: Dalmas takes the essentially pristine thunder stallion to Arc Royal MechWorks. In return for tricking out the machine, ARM engineers get unfettered access for two years.
3138: The Thunder Stallion "Avenging Annie" (a unique mech) walks off the line to kick clan ass
3138: ARM begins plans to build their own line for the variant
3146: The falcons capture arc royal and find a mostly completed thunder stallion line. the tech caste says "don't mind if i do!" and finishes the facility.
3148: "Avenging Annie"s (Now the Thunder Stallion 4) are produced by both CJF and CHH.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 05 January 2021, 17:03:20 »
We still need the record sheet for the Thunder Stallion 4

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #45 on: 05 January 2021, 20:43:29 »
Hopefully it bg.battletecom/sharpnel page will be updated. It only has up to Sharpnel  1 & 2 goodies to download
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki