Author Topic: Traitor Units and Turrets  (Read 258 times)

kmaits

• Recruit
Traitor Units and Turrets
« on: 23 March 2024, 15:11:36 »
I was recently playing a MekHQ base attack scenario. I've got some infantry and APCs and was hoping to use the traitor unit command to simulate my infantry storming and seizing control of the base turrets.

However it looks like the command is only available in the movement phase and turrets don't activate in movement so there is no opportunity to have them switch sides?

Is there another way to swap ownership of units mid game that I'm missing?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Traitor Units and Turrets
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2024, 15:21:28 »
Not really but this would be a good enhancement request. Link to MegaMek tracker in my sig
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2024, 21:01:52 »
I was recently playing a MekHQ base attack scenario. I've got some infantry and APCs and was hoping to use the traitor unit command to simulate my infantry storming and seizing control of the base turrets.

However it looks like the command is only available in the movement phase and turrets don't activate in movement so there is no opportunity to have them switch sides?

Is there another way to swap ownership of units mid game that I'm missing?

That, and you can only use 'traitor' on units on your side.  So when playing against Princess you can't tell it to relinquish control of a unit/turret.  Although maybe that should be an option, given other conditions like convoy attacks.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2024, 22:29:04 »
there is a long and fiddly work around.

Kick princess, connect as that player to traitor the unit, then quit and re-connect princess.   The amount of real time to do that doesn't make it ideal.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2024, 19:30:13 »
there is a long and fiddly work around.

Kick princess, connect as that player to traitor the unit, then quit and re-connect princess.   The amount of real time to do that doesn't make it ideal.

There really needs to be a single-client hotseat mode.  Though I can see this being a GM mode function.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!