Author Topic: 2011 Chicago Conventions (with Battletech!)  (Read 7425 times)

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
2011 Chicago Conventions (with Battletech!)
« on: 13 February 2011, 23:18:35 »
Here's the list of Chicago area conventions that OrangeWoman and I are attending.  Obviously, the first one just ended today, so we look forward to seeing all of you at Adepticon in April, if not earlier at our monthly games.  I'll post more information for each convention as each con gets closer, or you can just follow the links provided to the convention websites.  I'll also update this list as tentative conventions are nailed down.

In terms of other aspects of Battletech, Iron Wind Metals is scheduled to be at Little Wars with the complete Battletech line.  If you're looking for archived minis, that will be a good place to find them.  There were some ideas about getting them into Adepticon, but I think things filled up too quickly for that to work out.  AFAIK, Virtual World is still scheduled to come out to ACEN so you can look forward to the Pods there.

Con
Capricon
Adepticon
Little Wars
ACEN
DucKon
Cyphan
Concepticon*
RockCon*
WindyCon*
When
11-13 February
1-3 April
9-10 April
20-22 May
17-19 June
29-31 July
23-25 September
4-6 November
11-13 November
Where
Westin Chicago North Shore
Westin Lombard
Pheasant Run Resort
Rosemont Convention Center/Hyatt Regency Rosemont
Hyatt Regency Woodfield
Rosemont Convention Center
College of DuPage
Wedgebury Indoor Sports Center (Rockford)
Westin Lombard
*Tentative
« Last Edit: 11 June 2011, 18:02:32 by GreyWolfActual »
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: 2011 Chicago Conventions (with Battletech!)
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2011, 01:22:38 »
As an aside, there will be a very nice, rare, prize for the winner of the "big" game at Adepticon
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2011, 14:06:04 »
T- minus eleven days to Adepticon.  Hope to see many of you there!
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2011, 16:17:05 »
One week until the Battle of Kathil!
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2011, 09:24:39 »
Less than 2 days!  And we have some more surprise prizes we will be handing out at the convention!
-Saul Tigh

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Malo Mori Quam Foedari - Death Before Dishonor
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2011, 14:05:52 »
You need anything, or are you good to go?

Looking foward to this.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
318th Wolf Striker Cluster
"The Blood Pack"

Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum  -"Those who seek peace, prepare for war."
"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2011, 15:04:21 »
OrangeWoman and I have everything we need for this weekend.  All you all need to do is bring yourselves and enjoy! :)
-Saul Tigh

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2011, 06:33:02 »
If anyone going to Adepticon tomorrow will be starting from near Des Plaines, please PM me.  Transportation would be greatly helpful.  But either way I'll be there, since the bus does run on Saturday, its just a long way into the city to get to the Pink Line.
To the utmost!

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2011, 23:53:45 »
See you all in 10 hours!
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2011, 20:29:13 »
Thanks to everyone who made it out!  Adepticon 2011 was a total success and from what we were told today, 2012 will be epic!
-Saul Tigh

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 03 April 2011, 20:41:30 »
Thanks to everyone who made it out!  Adepticon 2011 was a total success and from what we were told today, 2012 will be epic!

Can I buy a vowel?
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2011, 08:55:23 »
Only two weeks until ACEN!  Mark your calendars for one of Chicago's best conventions/parties.  You can look forward to the Battletech Pods, Grinder, and on Saturday, the post-Jihad Battle of Galatea where the Draconis Combine will seek to end as many mercenaries as they can, finally enforcing the "Death to Mercenaries" order of 60 years earlier.
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2011, 01:00:14 »
The Eridani Light Horse
Wolf’s Dragoons
The Blackhearts
The Dragonslayers
Gregg’s Long Striders

Are these the names who can stop the Dragon of House Kurita?  Come on out in 6 days at ACEN and help decide!
-Saul Tigh

PropWash

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2011, 13:06:44 »
Who could possibly miss out on beating up on GWA in the pods!

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2011, 15:00:20 »
You mean besides his wife? :)
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2011, 19:37:17 »
ACEN has started!  Tomorrow evening, join us in the Hyatt Regency in the Heathrow Room at the bottom of the main stairway and get your tabletop Battletech fix. [rockon]
-Saul Tigh

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2011, 20:06:21 »
Sorry I couldn't make the game today, but the badge lines were too long, both last night and this morning.  Who won?  Did the mercs survive?
To the utmost!

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2011, 20:12:19 »
Unfortunately it did not happen due to lack of players.  And I needed sleep after my intervew.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2011, 22:03:36 »
the grinder city fight sat night was wild with 9 players. my nefew lasted forever in the game going toe to toe with a mad cat and a atles II while driving a 95 stiner mech with a havy guess. i think but the time he dieed there really was not much left of his mech..he even tounred his back at one point cause he made more armor then his front at that point.
my neice was driveing a atles 2 and went toe to toe with my thunkder hawk and a berker...that went point blank for all of it till a kick finsihed her mech and then the berker took me out....
she droped in with a titan and went to town with a ceaser point blank for many turns and the  only thing she had was a srm 6 and a med pl laser....a ax man joined in thier fight doing some extra damamge to the ceaser and then magangered to kill each other . the game went very long and was very fun.
thanks to alex and mary for the games and running things. brandon and rusty really had fun guys and thanks again for the fun this weekend. i think we have some gamers now from this time.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 11 June 2011, 18:02:11 »
We're only a week out from DucKon, so I look forward to seeing any and all players who can make it out to that!

Cyphan is also officially a go, though only on the morning and early afternoon of July 30th (Saturday), and until the con ends on the 31st (Sunday).
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 17 June 2011, 12:20:39 »
If you're coming to DucKon, we look forward to seeing you today, tomorrow, and/or Sunday!
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2011, 12:58:14 »
Just an update for those of you planning your fall gaming schedules.  Battletech will indeed be at both Conception (or Chicago Clix-Con, I'm not sure what the official name is) and RockCon.  The current plans call for us to be running Leviathans demos at RockCon as well, so if you've missed it at GenCon or the Games Plus demos (there's one tomorrow), you can demo it there.

I'll give more info on the "big" scenario at RockCon, as well as our attendance at WindyCon, as soon as I have it.
-Saul Tigh