Author Topic: Mac's Shieldbreakers  (Read 9036 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Re: Mac's Shieldbreakers
« Reply #90 on: 27 December 2023, 03:15:50 »
I took 100% of the unit into this fight and needed every bit of it. The Shieldbreakers held their own against the mysterious Green Ghost's. We traded some pretty accurate fire with them at range, when they closed-in is where it got nasty. They pressed the lines, nearly breaking them until the Shieldbreakers started driving them back.

Then, the Jade Falcons showed up and started attacking both sides. The Green Ghosts hung around for a bit trading fire with everyone in range, then they realized they wouldn't be able to complete their mission (whatever it was) and turned tail leaving some broken 'Mechs in their wake.

When the Jade Falcons started honing in on the Shieldbreakers and dropping or disabling 'Mechs and Vee's, I had to drop a couple of 'Mechs and then challenged the star captain in charge for the battlefield. I left his Turkina in pieces and had a barely functional Marauder II afterwards (You could see thru both of my torso's).

The butcher's bill in men and material will barely be covered by salvage I think. I'll probably recruit from the locals if I'm pressed to fill the holes.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #91 on: 31 December 2023, 01:28:57 »

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: 01 January 2024, 01:21:34 »
Here's the list from before:

MAD-5A Marauder II, CP-11-GS Cyclops Savannah, ON1-KM Orion Markus, WHM-8D Warhammer, GLT-5WB Guillotine (Experimental), TR2A Wraith, SHD-5M Shadow Hawk, WVR-7M Wolverine, Myrmidon Medium Tank x2, Striker Lt. Tank x2, Pegasus Scout Hovertank x2, Yellow Jacket Scout (Special), Heavy Hover APC x2, Gray Death Standard Laser sqd x2, Infiltration sqd - Purifier Laser - 2 troopers, Longinus Laser sqd - 4 Troopers

(Excerpt from Wolfnet report 30680929/271-Beta, filed by agent Ramrod)

Attached to this report is data from the Grant Station Tango battle in early August.     Whoever these Green Ghosts are, they're well-trained, well-equipped, and strongly disciplined. They did not fall apart when they ran into us but instead pressed the attack. Despite being heavily outnumbered, the Ghosts nearly broke our lines before we drove them back.

Just then, the damn Falcons showed up and started shooting at both sides. The Ghosts did not like their chances, so they retreated, and we lost them in the ensuing chaos.

Captain MacHollister's demeanor when the Falcons showed up was surprising. I knew he hated the Falcons, but I did not realize how deep his hatred ran until he start using alpha strikes on the closest Clan target. After he dropped his third Falcon, a Star Captain in an Turkina challenged him. I have included the footage of the fight in this report, and I have never witnessed such a brutal or one-sided trial between a Clanner and a Sphere-oid warrior. Chief Gonsalvez thinks he can salvage some of the Turkina's parts, along with the rest of the Falcons and Ghosts equipment, but I'm not as sure as he is.

After their Star Captain went down, we sorted thru the remaining warriors and kept a few as astech bondsman of Clan Shieldbreakers, Capt. MacHollister was against the idea but we need the bodies as able hands until we get back to 100%. We were left holding the battlefield. I.E. lost about a quarter of their bldg's, but their casualties should be light. Still, we haven't heard from them since the battle three days ago, and I do not know if that is good or bad.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2024, 01:57:38 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

Horsemen

• Four for the price of one!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #93 on: 02 January 2024, 04:02:48 »
Out of curiosity was it a Turkina or an Executioner the clanner piloted in the duel?

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: 02 January 2024, 13:08:29 »
Good catch Horsemen, I fix'ed it to read correctly.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 13 January 2024, 22:01:46 »
Upon further review with Stormrider I'll be able to salvage a Grendel, a Warhammer IIC, and a couple of Maxim heavy hover transports and will have two squads of I.S. standard battlesuits to add to the unit. Also got some decent pods from the Jade Falcons (Thanks guys !!  :cheesy:). So all in all not a bad outcome. I do have to rebuild/repair 3 'Mechs: The Marauder II, the Cyclops and the Orion. Everybody else took some form of damage, mostly armor and internals. I lucked out with the existing battle armor not getting beat up at all. Yay !!
« Last Edit: 13 January 2024, 22:15:11 by Deathknight69 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #96 on: 14 January 2024, 10:13:02 »

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register