Author Topic: (Answered) LAMs(and potentially QuadVees as a bonus) and Cargo  (Read 4424 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
My question mostly deals with Strategic Operations pages 43 and 44 in regards to the cargo transfer rules there.

I suppose I should also list Interstellar Operations page 110 for the LAM rules too but I'm not finding anything there relevant to the questions I have.

Likewise for QuadVees page 133 of Interstellar Operations.

Now on to the questions:

The rules for cargo transfer say Mechs are considered too tall for cargo bays to get the same *2 multiplier that other units get for moving in and out of Cargo.

Since LAMs and QuadVees both have modes that effectively turn them into vehicles would they then get this bonus for using that mode?

Related question more LAM specific:
If one wanted to do something silly and use a LAM in Airmech mode(using ground MPs to be clear) with hands to move cargo would it count as a mech, a vehicle, or something else?

[edit]
Also realized for using QuadVees in their Vehicle mode to help move cargo that they would just simply count as Vehicles but I figure I better ask to make sure:

If a nutjob wanted to use a QuadVee in Vehicle mode to help move cargo that isn't itself or another QuadVee in Vehicle mode would they count as Vehicles for the purposes of moving cargo?
[/edit]
« Last Edit: 07 April 2022, 18:32:12 by Xotl »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: LAMs(and potentially QuadVees as a bonus) and Cargo
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2022, 16:51:45 »
Multi-Model vehicles are treated as the type of unit they are currently configured to. If a LAM is in ASF mode, it's an ASF.

Yes, a LAM in AirMech mode can use its hands like a Mech.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: (Answered) LAMs(and potentially QuadVees as a bonus) and Cargo
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2022, 18:35:45 »
Thanks Welshman and team.