Author Topic: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Seeking Creative Inspiration  (Read 203 times)

AndreQuinn

• Recruit
    • suika game
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Seeking Creative Inspiration
« on: 27 February 2024, 10:22:46 »
I'm deeply immersed in the world of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and appreciate the lore and customization options it offers. To further enhance my gameplay experience, I'm seeking inspiration from the creative minds of this community.

Here are some specific areas where I'd love to hear your thoughts:

Lore-based Customization: How do you approach customizing your Mechs to reflect the history, background, or specific contracts your mercenary company undertakes?

Unique Paint Schemes and Emblems: Share some of the most creative or lore-inspired paint schemes and emblems you've designed for your Mechs.

Roleplaying Campaigns: Do you participate in any roleplaying campaigns within the MechWarrior universe that utilize the customization options in the game? If so, how do you integrate them into your narrative?

I'm eager to learn from your creative approaches and gain inspiration for my own Mech customization and in-game experiences. Feel free to share any interesting stories, screenshots, or creative ideas you have related to lore-based customization in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

Luciora

• Major
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Seeking Creative Inspiration
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2024, 11:49:31 »
Pretty casual player here, named my merc unit after a Daft Punk song and one of my favorite in-universe units, the Crescendoll Hawks.  My units mimic the CH's colors, favoring a slightly brighter blue top, gray bottom and yellow trim, as the in-game painter allows.  I also favor simple weapons groups, not mixing SRMs and LRMs on my designs unless I'm doing something specific. 

O really wish you could customize mechs more in line with MW3 personally, because I'd love to stack multiple streak launchers on say the Trebuchet, for a short ranged brawler.