Author Topic: (Answered) (Errata) Chaos Campaign Succession Wars: Defender surviving force  (Read 1394 times)

Cactusmancer

• Recruit
I posted this question in r/battletech first but someone recommended me to ask it here too since there was no definitive answer:

I'm currently playing the planetary assault mini-campaign with a friend. We've just completed the first track (Meeting Engagement), I (defender) won the objective so the next track should be Pursuit, but there is a slight change in terminology I don't really understand:

In the Game Setup section it says that the attacker can field up to 75% of their total force. However for the defender it says that I can field up to 75% of my total surviving force. There are other tracks using this surviving force concept for the defender but I don't understand: does it mean I can only use the 75% of my surviving force from the previous track? Unless I'm missing something this sounds a bit unfair, since 2 of the 3 mechs I used are almost wrecks that would be under the forced withdrawal rules and the first track didn't allow for repairs. Some tracks use this wording, others don't, but it's always used for the defender force.

I don't find anything else in the campaign manual that explains this. English not being my first language I don't know if I'm missing something or just overthinking it. Help!
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 00:09:12 by Xotl »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Chaos Campaign Succession Wars: Defender surviving force
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2020, 20:24:45 »
It's an artifact of an earlier version; the utility of the word is removed by the sentence that immediately follows it. It now should be deleted, since it doesn't clarify, but confuses.
That's not a consequence of English not being your first language; the end result is confusing and needs to be fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Cactusmancer

• Recruit
Thanks for the answer!

Register