Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread IV - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 66669 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread IV - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #450 on: 29 January 2024, 19:13:56 »
Rog, thanks... out!

wildkadabra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #451 on: 30 January 2024, 21:49:13 »
The Hanseatic Crusade Campaign book lists the Executioner in the Scorpion Empire's RAT table, however they do not have Executioner available in their MUL for Dark Age or ilClan era. Not sure if this is intentional or a slip off so I figured out I should point it out just in case. As both a Bear and a Scorpion fan I'd love for Scorps to have Execs like they do in the Hanseatic Crusade, it's old enough that it would make sense for them to still have some.

CarcosanDawn

• Corporal
« Reply #452 on: 31 January 2024, 11:00:26 »
Another one about the AC/10 Vedette - is the 1/1/1 damage profile on the AS card actually correct for a tank with an AC/10 and an MG?

Additionally, the Behemoth is on the FWL RAT tables extensively in the House Arano handbook (The Aurigan Coalition) and the Condor is as well (though rarer probability than the Behemoth).

Recommend making both vehicles available to the FWL faction in the MUL based on this RAT (in the Late Secession War - Renaissance era).
« Last Edit: 31 January 2024, 11:03:34 by CarcosanDawn »

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
« Reply #453 on: 03 February 2024, 10:51:28 »
Was the WSP-3L's PV adjusted when the damage profile was corrected downward based on single heat sinks not doubles?

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #454 on: 04 February 2024, 22:51:30 »
Looking at the record sheets and the conversion reports in MegaMekLab, I think both versions of the Koryu (http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1819/koryu-submarine-military, http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1818/koryu-submarine-civilian) should have a single point of armor on their Alpha Strike cards instead of none.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #455 on: 05 February 2024, 08:35:35 »
It has BAR 3 armor.

26 * .3 = 7.8, which is less than 15 and so rounds normally to 0.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #456 on: 05 February 2024, 08:50:55 »
Just saw the reply to the rules question too.

Thanks Sartris!
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #457 on: 08 February 2024, 05:09:19 »
The RCL-1M Dig King MiningMech Mod (http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7172/dig-king-rcl-1m-miningmech-mod) has the following special abilities:

AFC,ENE,ENG,FC,MEL,SRM1/1

Given it has ammo aboard (hence the SRM special ability), it can't have the ENE ability.  Presumably that should be EE, and then FC should be deleted, or ENE should be deleted
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

CarcosanDawn

• Corporal
« Reply #458 on: 08 February 2024, 15:01:00 »
Should the Soarece Supherheavy Tank have the LG special rule? That affects all kinds of things, so I am simply not sure - I can see an argument either way (LG makes it quite big indeed!)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #459 on: 08 February 2024, 16:14:52 »
Should the Soarece Supherheavy Tank have the LG special rule? That affects all kinds of things, so I am simply not sure - I can see an argument either way (LG makes it quite big indeed!)

No, superheavy vehicles do not get LG.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

CarcosanDawn

• Corporal
« Reply #460 on: 08 February 2024, 16:25:11 »
Thank you kindly!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #461 on: 11 February 2024, 23:26:25 »
BNC-12S Banshee is listed as Tech Base: Inner Sphere.  It should be Mixed.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #462 on: 13 February 2024, 12:03:17 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6729/gray-death-strike-suit-harjel-sqd4

Is listed as IS Techbase even though it probably should be mixed.

The reason being that BattleArmor HarJel appears to be functionally equivalent to Clan chassis.
Furthermore, looking at the suit's record sheet in RS3145NTNU, the Firedrake and Light TAG are marked with (IS), which seems to indicate the suit and rest of equipment is Clan (since record sheets usually mark equipment that isn't from the baseline techbase).

(Also suspect the unit in MML is incorrect, being wholly IS)

lancylot

• Recruit
« Reply #463 on: 13 February 2024, 16:45:09 »
Should the Goliath Scorpions have access to the Crimson Langur? TRO 3067 has them as one of four clans confirmed to have fielded it (p. 116), and Camo Specs has two Langurs in different Scorpion galaxies. The Scorpions also Absorbed two sets of Fire Mandrills in 3073 (Wars of Reaving, p. 127, 129), and they seem largely allied to the two clans that built it through the Reaving.

(I asked something similar in another thread so apologies if this isn’t right here either).

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #464 on: 13 February 2024, 17:31:47 »
The text refers to a single example in the possession of the Scorpions, which is not sufficient for inclusion. If text points to post-absorption possession, we will be happy to take it into consideration. As it stands, there is no evidence that the Scorpions had it in any real numbers at any point.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #465 on: 13 February 2024, 20:34:46 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6729/gray-death-strike-suit-harjel-sqd4

Is listed as IS Techbase even though it probably should be mixed.

The reason being that BattleArmor HarJel appears to be functionally equivalent to Clan chassis.
Furthermore, looking at the suit's record sheet in RS3145NTNU, the Firedrake and Light TAG are marked with (IS), which seems to indicate the suit and rest of equipment is Clan (since record sheets usually mark equipment that isn't from the baseline techbase).

(Also suspect the unit in MML is incorrect, being wholly IS)

Harjel is clan-only, yeah. Will change

BNC-12S Banshee is listed as Tech Base: Inner Sphere.  It should be Mixed.

Correct

paladin2019

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #466 on: 15 February 2024, 17:01:48 »
LAM Availability

During the Late Succession Wars, ELH had multiple units of LAMs, per The Mercenary's Handbook ORBATs, yet Pixies and Stingers are only ComStar, IS General, and Wolf's Dragoons in that era. As of the Clan Invasion, they become WoB only. Wasp LAMs are defined as extinct after the Early Succession Wars.
<-- first 'mech I drove as a Robotech destroid pilot way back when

jeremylt

• Recruit
« Reply #467 on: 15 February 2024, 17:51:53 »
The MUL doesn't list WoB as having access to Protomechs. However, WoB is known as the only Inner Sphere users of Protomechs. BattleTech Interstellar Operations Alternate Eras lists WoB as the only users of the Inner Sphere Protomech Interface. BattleTech Necromo Nightmare lists the WoB as having access to the Erinyes, Orc, Satyr, Chrysaor, Hydra, Roc, Gorgon, and Minotaur.

Can we get these Protomechs added to the WoB availability for the Jihad?

On one hand, the program was in limited numbers. On the other hand, their Protomech program is supposed to be a big step in their VDNI tech.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2024, 17:57:31 by jeremylt »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #468 on: 15 February 2024, 20:28:20 »
LAM Availability

During the Late Succession Wars, ELH had multiple units of LAMs, per The Mercenary's Handbook ORBATs, yet Pixies and Stingers are only ComStar, IS General, and Wolf's Dragoons in that era. As of the Clan Invasion, they become WoB only. Wasp LAMs are defined as extinct after the Early Succession Wars.

We usually don’t add merc availability based on one outfit having them. However, TRO 3085 does state in the Phoenix Hawk LAM entry that healthy numbets of LAMs were attached to some SLDF regiments. Many of these regiments became mercs after Exodus. We’ll extend availability to Mercs up to the clan invasion. After that they become very rare outside of WoB hands. They’re all gone by 3081 (pour one out for Gibson)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #469 on: 15 February 2024, 22:20:01 »
The MUL doesn't list WoB as having access to Protomechs. However, WoB is known as the only Inner Sphere users of Protomechs. BattleTech Interstellar Operations Alternate Eras lists WoB as the only users of the Inner Sphere Protomech Interface. BattleTech Necromo Nightmare lists the WoB as having access to the Erinyes, Orc, Satyr, Chrysaor, Hydra, Roc, Gorgon, and Minotaur.

On one hand, the program was in limited numbers. On the other hand, their Protomech program is supposed to be a big step in their VDNI tech.

No reports exist of them operating anywhere except on Necromo (allegedly. maybe.)

paladin2019

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #470 on: 15 February 2024, 23:51:32 »
No reports exist of them operating anywhere except on Necromo (allegedly. maybe.)
Clanners running false flag score-settling ops? Say it ain't so!
<-- first 'mech I drove as a Robotech destroid pilot way back when

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #471 on: 16 February 2024, 21:11:07 »

Those Protos were captures that had been experimentally modified; they were never intended to represent solid WoB access to such machines.

- Herb

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #472 on: 18 February 2024, 10:56:19 »
Is there a particular MUL faction listing that would be advised for use with the Green Ghosts, as they are detailed on pages 92 to 94 of the Interstellar Expeditions sourcebook?

Indeed, would there be a difference in terms of which MUL listing would be appropriate for the post-3080 "blood disk" Ghosts, as opposed to the "standard" incarnation of this elusive unit?

Or are those the kind of questions that cannot be answered until - or unless - more data is published on this faction in a future publication?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #473 on: 18 February 2024, 11:03:55 »
We only have covered and uncovered factions. Groups that fall into the latter category are left to people's imagination.

FlyingScoots

• Recruit
« Reply #474 on: 23 February 2024, 10:42:45 »
Kit Fox C lists 3050 as its availability year, but still pops up as available in Late Succession War LosTech, at least for Clan Diamond Shark: http://masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=8&EraId=255

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #475 on: 23 February 2024, 12:33:30 »
It should not have anything previous to 3050. Attempts at time travel have been halted.

Thanks

CReller

• Recruit
« Reply #476 on: 25 February 2024, 11:18:33 »
Gauntlet Omnimech is listed as being available in the Early Republic era (3081 - 3101). However, it was not introduced until 3128, at the tail end of the Late Republic Era.

Solution: Remove Early Republic availability for the Gauntlet.

CarcosanDawn

• Corporal
« Reply #477 on: 25 February 2024, 23:46:07 »
Cyclops CP-10-Z has AC 1/1/- listed, despite having an AC20 with four tons of ammo. I haven't done the math on the Overheat yet, either (sorry!). OV2 seems like a lot off the top of my head...

EDIT: heat looks right, just the AC question then
« Last Edit: 25 February 2024, 23:48:29 by CarcosanDawn »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #478 on: 26 February 2024, 08:25:25 »
Cyclops CP-10-Z has AC 1/1/- listed, despite having an AC20 with four tons of ammo. I haven't done the math on the Overheat yet, either (sorry!). OV2 seems like a lot off the top of my head...

EDIT: heat looks right, just the AC question then

heat affects the AC values.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

CarcosanDawn

• Corporal
« Reply #479 on: 26 February 2024, 22:50:51 »
Thanks! I don't know where the current onversion rules are so I am probably talking out of turn. Sorry!

Register