Author Topic: (Answered) Combat Within Buildings (Targeting the Building)  (Read 1281 times)

religon

• Recruit
From TW section on "Combat Within Buildings" there are "special rules" for targeting units in the same hex. In a weekend game a BattleMech inside a level 2 building wished to make both a weapons attack on the building and then make a physical attack on the building. I ruled that as it was not in the rules, it was not possible. It decided the game and led to an unsatisfactory victory for one side. (Building destruction by the end of turn 6 was the victory condition.)

A player noted that if infantry had been on the second level, the BattleMech could target that unit and perhaps they could target the building itself.

I looked for the answer, but found nothing addressing this case... unless it is implied by this section of TW. Can anyone give me some guidance?
« Last Edit: 05 June 2020, 01:10:39 by Xotl »

religon

• Recruit
Re: Combat Within Buildings (Targeting the Building)
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2020, 07:15:04 »
Bump.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi,

We are going to add some errata to clarify things.

TW pg 175 - COMBAT WITHIN BUILDINGS
"Unlike standard combat, units in the same building hex (and even at the same level in the same hex) can attack one another."

CHANGE TO:

"Unlike standard combat, units in the same building hex (and even at the same level in the same hex) can attack one another, treating the target as if it was in the Front Arc."
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

religon

• Recruit
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure it addresses how 'Mechs and other units interact with the building itself while inside, but it does clarify assumed firing arc issues while inside.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel

p.106
"As defined under Game Terms (see p. 42), a target can be another unit, or a clear hex, or almost anything in between"

So a Building Hex is an eligible target. p. 42 further reinforces this.

Combined with p. 175, the mech couldve shot and kicked the building he was in.
The solution is just ignore Paul.