Author Topic: Map questions  (Read 2036 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Map questions
« on: 08 March 2018, 07:07:15 »
What product are the tallassia set of maps from?  are they official?

Also, who would I need to email about adding maps to MM- I have a very large set of 32x32 maps that saw some use on the MM servers ten years ago that I have been adding to since.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Ironboot

• Sergeant
Re: Map questions
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2018, 12:53:56 »
Which MM server was it?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2018, 13:11:09 »
Legends way back . . . at that time I had oh . . . 10-15 city maps that I had offered.  The city maps have since been expanded, some suburbs & rural, a river set, some rolling hills, a few mountain maps and a mash up of CBT maps.

The last is why I was asking if they were official since I was trimming 2x2 of like CBT maps into a single 32x32 hex map.  It let me specifically make about a dozen CBT maps and provided easy templates to alter.  For instance I took the rolling hills combination map and made variations-

One has a E-W creek that will link up with other E-W creek maps.  One has half that E-W creek map but curves it to S to create a turn.  One has a N-S creek.  One has turns that creek (either N-S or E-W) into a pond.

Ditto with roads, instead of one having the pond it has a town.  Or it has a refueling point on the long road.

The whole point was to create a integrated set like a puzzle where you can combine 3x3 or 4x4 of the 32 hex maps where roads, rivers and other features work coherently from one specific map to the next in a effort to 'hide' the borders between each map.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2018, 16:06:13 »
On the maps, there is a new naming system for them. Map size followed by map name. ie 16x17 Little Urban Jungle.board

As to who or where, you can send them to me or hammer. I am still in the process of updating the old maps and adding more of those from ralgiths old custom release.

Zip with all 9 maps of the Tallassia map set.
"official version": converted and authorized for inclusion in MM by author himself

Map set was included in the German Battletech Box Limitierte Edition (BT boxed set limited edition) and is available (as stand alone ;) thought the www.battletech.info web shop (german).

Not sure how accurate that is as I haven't looked into it and when I tried looking for the new maps from the latest german release I don't recall seeing anything about it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2018, 16:10:01 »
I been putting the size in since I started years ago, let me know what maps to grab when I am working on them or checking details to make sure they blend.  I downloaded the 43.7 last month and I will tell you they are not set up with 16x17.

Meshes with what I remember, I also remember those maps being in since the beginning but way back then we used random.
Colt Ward

Ironboot

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2018, 16:33:26 »
In a few weeks Legends 2.0 will be up and running and we are using the old boards.  I asked Erik if I could use the boards from the client I save all these years. 

The Legends maps are some of my favorite maps to use.   

Thank you for your work!

« Last Edit: 08 March 2018, 17:20:15 by Ironboot »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2018, 18:43:48 »
I been putting the size in since I started years ago

Having been working on the maps I noticed some people have put the map size before the name, some just the name, while others have put map name then map size. As long as its map size then map name (as from the example I did) it will be fine. As long as they pass the map validator. The only other consideration is what you want the folder name to be. Most have gone under their forum handle so that tends to be the default I guess.

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2018, 06:38:00 »

Also, who would I need to email about adding maps to MM- I have a very large set of 32x32 maps that saw some use on the MM servers ten years ago that I have been adding to since.

I think it was a German box set or something along those lines, if I am remembering right from long long ago.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2018, 06:39:42 »

Ah yeah if you look under MegaMek/Data/Boards there is a tallassia_mapset.txt which says:

Zip with all 9 maps of the Tallassia map set.
"official version": converted and authorized for inclusion in MM by author himself

Map set was included in the German Battletech Box Limitierte Edition (BT boxed set limited edition) and is available (as stand alone ;) thought the www.battletech.info web shop (german).

Author of the Tabletop maps and conversion: Jan Ferdinand Rehse

Conversion checking and updating: Thomas "DarkViper" Wehner
Renaming to Jan F. "Tallassia" Rehse's original mapnames and uploading: Kolja "Flashhawk" Geldmacher
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel