Author Topic: Steve's Dedicated Server Thread  (Read 152326 times)

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
Re: Steve's Dedicated Server Thread
« Reply #180 on: 04 August 2014, 17:50:15 »
I said trying.  >:D

I fully expect them to take 50%+ losses before they finally escape :P

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #181 on: 04 August 2014, 18:38:09 »
I fully expect them to take 50%+ losses before they finally escape :P

The 2 regiments? I don't think they're fast enough to escape me.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #182 on: 04 August 2014, 18:39:50 »
You guys are awesome. never change :D
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ralgith

• Captain
« Reply #183 on: 04 August 2014, 20:24:31 »
You guys are awesome. never change :D

LOL! Thanks Steve :P

Sorry for messing up your thread :D

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #184 on: 04 August 2014, 20:51:37 »
LOL! Thanks Steve :P

Sorry for messing up your thread :D

No worries, I don't mind a little drift. :)
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #185 on: 12 January 2015, 19:54:34 »
Steve, are you panning to update on of the servers to 39.5 dev or the stable 40.0?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #186 on: 12 January 2015, 22:10:28 »
yeah, I've been playing with a derivative of the dev that's had me distracted. I'll have an official update soon.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #187 on: 15 January 2015, 15:10:15 »
Updated!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #188 on: 15 January 2015, 16:20:12 »
Thanks, Steve!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

DanghenWoolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Incoming fire has the right of way.
« Reply #189 on: 06 February 2015, 21:04:54 »
Just wanted to say thanks for having this dedicated server up, finally got our old TT group together on MegaMek after more than 10 years.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #190 on: 07 February 2015, 05:11:21 »
Glad it's helpful for you!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #191 on: 01 May 2015, 23:03:51 »
Updated the server with a new pull from SVN and the official version of 41.3

RAW

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #192 on: 28 July 2015, 02:57:13 »
hey steve how do I get access to you server and client?

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #193 on: 28 July 2015, 14:28:43 »
The first post in this thread has the server connection information, and some links to where you can download my version of megamek. Right now, the most current package I've put together is 41.4-steveD which is within a revision of 41.4 official. You'll get a notice about client mismatch, but it's worked fine whenever I've had to use one with the other. As soon as I can get files from the sourceforge SVN server again (it hasn't been working lately) I'll be putting out a custom release based on the 41.5 code in progress.

But you don't need my version of megamek to connect to most of my server instances, the official packages will work as well, unless otherwise noted.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #194 on: 18 October 2016, 18:38:17 »
Thank you for continuing to provide us players of MegaMek a place to play, Steve.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #195 on: 18 October 2016, 21:43:08 »
Thanks for the support Wrangler :)

Updated to 41.25 on port 2346

ralgith

• Captain
« Reply #196 on: 23 October 2016, 15:09:17 »

When will we be seeing you on Slack? :P We even have a dedicated_servers channel!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #197 on: 23 October 2016, 21:21:52 »
What is Slack?

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #199 on: 28 October 2016, 07:57:27 »
When will we be seeing you on Slack? :P We even have a dedicated_servers channel!

When a wolf devours the sun and the valiant fallen join the final battle beside the all father. When the mountains dry up and blow like leaves.

I'm an IRC administrator, inviting me to slack is like inviting a Davion to Sian. If I show up, it'll be with a few RCTs in tow.  ;) Like inviting a pitbull to a cat convention.

ralgith

• Captain
« Reply #200 on: 28 October 2016, 08:56:56 »
When a wolf devours the sun and the valiant fallen join the final battle beside the all father. When the mountains dry up and blow like leaves.

I'm an IRC administrator, inviting me to slack is like inviting a Davion to Sian. If I show up, it'll be with a few RCTs in tow.  ;) Like inviting a pitbull to a cat convention.

I can always turn on the IRC connection capability in Slack, so you can use an IRC client if you're more comfortable :P

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #201 on: 28 October 2016, 12:44:59 »
 :P You're still inviting the Burger King to dine at McDonald's.

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #202 on: 03 November 2016, 21:18:46 »

my pitty loves my kitties  soo   pfffffff   but my kitties don't love my pitty   

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #203 on: 29 December 2016, 16:08:02 »

Server Version 41.25 on port 2346 has been down for a few days now. Thanks Steve.
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #204 on: 30 December 2016, 07:09:51 »
I've registered #Battletech on the Espernet IRC Network. If you need to reach me in a hurry about server issues, thats a good place to find me.
server: irc.esper.net ports 6667, 5555, 7000, or 6697 for ssl. #Battletech

Or, go here: http://webchat.esper.net/?nick=MechWarrior...&channels=Battletech&prompt=1

Alternately you can use this mibbit link: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23battletech&server=irc.esper.net

@McSlayer, i usually either send message to Steve's forum mail or i go on to one these chat channels (usually in the afternoon) to try to contact him.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #205 on: 31 December 2016, 14:23:05 »
Not sure why, but a number of things, including some non-megamek stuff, weren't running. Server list restored.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #206 on: 05 January 2017, 22:20:24 »
So Steve... is there any chance we can get you to put one of the servers at a 0.42.0 Stable?

You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #207 on: 08 January 2017, 21:46:43 »
Probably Eventually. I've been short on spare time of late.

There's an even better chance of seeing a dev version pop up when they start coming out.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #208 on: 21 January 2018, 14:21:12 »
Host had to reboot for Meltdown/Spectre, so I updated the server as I brought it back up.

Trawgy

• Recruit
« Reply #209 on: 05 February 2018, 00:35:34 »
Hey Steve, I'm not sure what is going on with the server for megamek 0.43.7-rc1 but the game stopped working for some reason and I can no longer connect to it.

Aces Wild thanks you

Not sure what happened but the server is back up and operational now.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: 05 February 2018, 01:03:00 by Trawgy »