Author Topic: From the depths of time... TRO42  (Read 2127 times)

Perrin42

• Recruit
From the depths of time... TRO42
« on: 27 February 2018, 12:54:44 »
Hi all. Back around 2000, some friends and I at the now defunct DropShipCommand web site (don't go there now, it's been taken over by a phishing site) got together and made our own Technical Readout. The one requirement was that all of the designs had to have artwork; this was difficult until we discovered a simple little 3D modeling program called DOGA. That let even those of us with little artistic talent create artwork to go along with our designs. We obviously had mixed results - some good, some bad - but we had fun with it nonetheless.

Well, the web site mostly still exists(http://www.tro42.com). I tried to make it a Wiki for a while, but security concerns caused me to revert back to the glory days of 1999 web design. Other than that, the pages really haven't been touched since they were created way back when. But I've gone ahead and created a subreddit for the designs (https://www.reddit.com/r/tro42/), and most of the links are up there. So please, take a trip into the past and check out some of these forgotten designs.

AldanFerrox

• Master Sergeant
Re: From the depths of time... TRO42
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2018, 15:22:44 »
Thanks, thats some very interesting stuff  :)
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 15:33:51 by AldanFerrox »
Only in death duty ends

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2018, 01:10:26 »
You and Cent13?  Thanks.  It was one of the first fan  products I found and dl'd, I really appreciate the hard work it must have taken.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2018, 01:59:09 »
ahhhh.... the home of the Urbie Brigade. I remember DSC very well. I wonder? Did Cheese ever finally seek therapy (that i suspected would have to be court-mandated)?

Perrin42

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2018, 08:46:40 »
Unfortunately I lost contact with most of the DSC'ers, so I don't think I'll ever find out what happened to Cheese.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2018, 17:18:56 »
ahhhh.... the home of the Urbie Brigade. I remember DSC very well. I wonder? Did Cheese ever finally seek therapy (that i suspected would have to be court-mandated)?
Urbie Brigade???
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2018, 17:55:00 »
serious. an entire merc unit, dedicated to Urbanmechs. I think (your asking me to remember stuff from eons ago...)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2018, 18:36:18 »
 :o :o :o :o :o
serious. an entire merc unit, dedicated to Urbanmechs. I think (your asking me to remember stuff from eons ago...)
Well I can that it could be interesting.. with some custom mods units..   }:)
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2018, 18:49:14 »
IIRC, the unit had multiple mods of the beloved Urbie
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Perrin42

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2018, 10:38:27 »
The pages and 'Mechs for PaleRider's UberUrbie Brigade are also still up.

http://www.tro42.com/PUB/

Perrin42

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2018, 10:43:30 »
IIRC, the unit had multiple mods of the beloved Urbie

My two favorites are still the Quad LAM UberUrbie (http://www.tro42.com/PUB/uberurbie.html) and the DUPE infiltration model (http://www.tro42.com/PUB/urb_dup1.html).

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2018, 04:01:36 »
Is it sad that the thread title actually made me think about specs for chariots and ballistae? I do remember the PUB though. Particularly the siege gauss launch system meant to deploy Urbies ballistically.  :P