Author Topic: Can I strip Resin minis  (Read 3665 times)

Papabees

• Lieutenant
Can I strip Resin minis
« on: 21 February 2011, 08:53:48 »
Can I dunk a resin mini in Pine Sol or will it destroy it?

TheMaster1955

• Captain
Re: Can I strip Resin minis
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2011, 11:07:16 »
Yes, Is it the plastic BT fig or something else. go in short stints say an hour. then clean up and do again if needed

Life: Some assembly required!

btp2k2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2011, 12:36:02 »
Simple Green and Purple Power work as well

RacerX

• Sergeant
    • Royal Terra Guard - MWO Home
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2011, 14:09:18 »
Rubbing alcohol, a toothbrush, and a beer.  The Alcohol will attack the plastic if you leave it in sitting too long.  However, it will eat right through the paint.  The Toothbrush will be needed to scrub the paint off.  I think you can figure out what the beer is for.

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2011, 17:17:24 »
Can I dunk a resin mini in Pine Sol or will it destroy it?
I think I have some Pine Sol.  Just found a few reject resin pieces.  If I can get the two of them together, I will try and see what PineSol will do.

LordChaos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2011, 21:08:59 »
I have never had a problem with resin minis and pine sol.  I have "dipped" the old 3rd edition minies, the new box set minis, and the old lance box blue resin minis, all in pine sol, with the worst of the side effects being the blue resin warhammer I forgot was in it and left it in the drink for a week.  It came out a little soft, but returned to normal quick enough.
There is no problem that can't be solved by C-4.

Nightstalker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2011, 21:22:46 »
Pine Sol will eat resin, or plastic, minis if left in for any length of time.  Simple Green, or Greased Lightning, would be your best bet.  They are fairly plastic friendly, so should be resin friendly too.

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2011, 00:25:39 »
Cool. I was running low anyway so maybe simple green will be what I pick up next.

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2011, 19:55:54 »
Took me an extra day to find the PineSol but I have a report with a piece of resin mini.
In a three day bath my piece of resin is fine.  The chuck of resin didn't have any paint but the thing is clean enough to paint (if I wasn't going to tear it a new one).  No softness.

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2011, 23:31:48 »
Took me an extra day to find the PineSol but I have a report with a piece of resin mini.
In a three day bath my piece of resin is fine.  The chuck of resin didn't have any paint but the thing is clean enough to paint (if I wasn't going to tear it a new one).  No softness.

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Register