Author Topic: A Bit of BattleTech History - Mech Variants by House and Mercenary Unit  (Read 2100 times)

bpardoe870

• Warrant Officer
    • Website of Blaine Pardoe
Author

Frabby

• Major
Intriguing... and also a little weird. I read that table to mean every House was meant to have their specific own variant of the classic 'Mechs, and there would be no basic models that were the same for all (except where one House got another Houses' variant as their own). I'm actually glad this didn't come to pass. Having the same Archer or Warhammer configuration across all factions (variants aside) made the early 'Mechs easier to remember and gave them more character.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
pretty neat, thanks for sharing
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

bpardoe870

• Warrant Officer
    • Website of Blaine Pardoe
Yeah, the house specific variants just didn't hold water after the first Tech Readout. 

It IS neat to see the original thinking though...at least I think so.

Blaine "Buck" Pardoe
Author

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
True, makes where the story matured into more interesting.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Luciora

• Major
 Thanks for this bit of history!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
I'm intrigued by the idea of Hendrik Grimm/Oberon having their own Mech variants.

Thanks for sharing this!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?