Author Topic: Iron Wind Metals Combat Manuals and the mechs within:  (Read 5976 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Iron Wind Metals Combat Manuals and the mechs within:
« on: 22 October 2018, 14:38:05 »
Iron Wind Metals Combat Manuals and the mechs within:
So in the Combat Manual Mercenaries we got the Locust, Ostscout, Shadow Hawk, and Warhammer and in Combat Manual Kurita we got Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Wolverine and Battlemaster. 
Now I know we are getting the Locust, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine and Battlemaster in the starter set and beginner’s box, and Iron Wind makes the Ostscout and Shadow Hawk.
I know that for a time the Wasp was available and a limited run of the Valkyrie which are also in the 1st Succession War.

Now I have heard that Iron Wind Metals are only allowed to make mechs that in current CGL products but with the Combat Manuals being shelved would they still be able to make Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, and Warhammer?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Iron Wind Metals Combat Manuals and the mechs within:
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2018, 18:46:09 »
Unofficial answer, it is complicated.

The settlement of the Harmony Gold Lawsuit does not prohibit In Media Res from making miniatures and other works based on the Nuseen contested by HG last year. BUT Iron Wind Metals was not party to the suit. So there is , from What I understand, a question as to whether or not a sub liscence to produce Macross based Nuseen opens a valued partner to legal Jeopardy. It is also unknown if IMR opening a new imprint hypothetically called Catalyst miniatures, and located in Iron Winds janitors closet in Ohio would be sufficent cover for such things.

IWm can at anytime make metal versions of mechs that appear in the box sets, but are holding back to allow box sets to succeed when they hit retail.

I am sure such eventualities are being activly worked on so metal minis can get into the hands of fans like us somehow.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2018, 19:43:50 »
So there is , from What I understand, a question as to whether or not a sub liscence to produce Macross based Nuseen opens a valued partner to legal Jeopardy.
That's the first I've heard that rumor, and I think it's completely false.

My understanding is that there is an agreement between CGL and IWM to allow the plastics to be released before the metals are released. Period.

Short answer, they'll be produced in due time.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2018, 22:16:48 »
Didnt mean to make it sound like a rumor, it is my reading of events as they transpired.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2018, 23:19:33 »
Didnt mean to make it sound like a rumor, it is my reading of events as they transpired.

So there is , from What I understand, a question as to whether or not a sub liscence to produce Macross based Nuseen opens a valued partner to legal Jeopardy. It is also unknown if IMR opening a new imprint hypothetically called Catalyst miniatures, and located in Iron Winds janitors closet in Ohio would be sufficent cover for such things.

You didn't say "I am questioning..." and "I hypothesize..".  You are implying CGL and IWM are questioning/raising the hypothetical, as you don't mention anybody else.  That's how rumors start. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2018, 06:22:05 »

That right there nails it.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2018, 13:54:26 »
Sad but OK
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2018, 17:47:13 »
Until someone wins the lottery and / or reconsolidates all of the IP under one umbrella once again....
Time might remain as the prime factor.
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2018, 18:13:31 »
MEGA-MILLION LOTTERY IS AT 1.6 BILLION TONITE. fINGERS CROSSED
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2018, 19:07:10 »
I can totally see why CGL wants to be the first to put the minis out. It's just a bummer that they don't have the resources/ability to do so.

I'm so sick of all the 3rd party/bootleg 3D printed minis on the tables these days.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 29 October 2018, 22:56:10 »
I just find it annoying that IWM hasn't started up the 11 or so they had originally planned on doing. Restart Wasp production already!!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: 30 October 2018, 05:33:56 »
I just find it annoying that IWM hasn't started up the 11 or so they had originally planned on doing. Restart Wasp production already!!

Well we have none to "start up productions on" anything left on that list all need art to be done which was stopped when the lawsuit happened. So since we do not create the art we have to wait to see when something is done by CGL.

For the Wasp, see my last post below that pretty much sums that up.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2018, 08:43:25 »
Well we have none to "start up productions on" anything left on that list all need art to be done which was stopped when the lawsuit happened. So since we do not create the art we have to wait to see when something is done by CGL.
That was pretty much what I wondering about, since the combat manuals are now considered dead I guess we have to wait for more art, does this mean succession wars 1 is now a dead product too?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #13 on: 02 November 2018, 16:50:18 »
Huh?  They produced a 1SW book a year or two ago . . . this year I think it was 2SW.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: Iron Wind Metals Combat Manuals and the mechs within
« Reply #14 on: 03 November 2018, 09:46:39 »
Huh?  They produced a 1SW book a year or two ago . . . this year I think it was 2SW.
And the 1SW book had both the wasp and Valkyrie in the book. So I am wondering if we have to wait for some other book with art for these 2 mechs to come out or is it tied to it’s complicated?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #15 on: 03 November 2018, 14:48:02 »
I’m guessing there are undisclosed loose ends of the court settlement that are in play. No one has released unseen-inspired art yet

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Iron Wind Metals Combat Manuals and the mechs within
« Reply #16 on: 03 November 2018, 16:28:40 »
And the 1SW book had both the wasp and Valkyrie in the book. So I am wondering if we have to wait for some other book with art for these 2 mechs to come out or is it tied to it’s complicated?

Everyone at IWM wants to produce the new Classics, too.  You will them as quickly as IWM can make it happen.  Nothing you can do will speed this process.  Knowing the reasons for the delay will not make it shorter or make it feel shorter.  No one that doesn't work at IWM or Catalyst know what the hold up is.  It's entirely possible that even if those people post here they can't tell you.

Please be patient.  Trying to ferret out the exact criteria for producing the Classics is not possible: if you were supposed to know, Speck would have already said something.

This is all the answer you are going to get.  I recommend making peace with that.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2018, 11:10:03 »
Hi guys. Mod here. Posts have been removed. If you wish to opine about how someone ought or ought not participate in a thread, I suggest you hang on to that thought. Tightly. And use the report to mods button. No kibitzing this forum. No attacks or lectures at other participants. Thank you.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.