Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXIX: First Annual 29th Birthday  (Read 43112 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: Upcoming Releases XXIX: First Annual 29th Birthday
« Reply #900 on: 03 May 2024, 18:58:03 »
It’s would be just nice waiting ever since Wed at Adepticon. Just kinda bummed that the stuff isn’t ready yet.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #901 on: 03 May 2024, 22:43:48 »
But the wheels are turning, however slowly.  Still looking forward to new product.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #902 on: 03 May 2024, 23:29:16 »
Do you think that the simultaneous release of a few dozen products a month or so from now will make up for that?

I will belive it when I see it but we get kickstarter stuff in yeah great, there are still things we are owed from the last kickstarter and no update or sign of them and it seems unlikely that even half of the products announced for this year are going to make it.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #903 on: 03 May 2024, 23:45:36 »
I will belive it when I see it but we get kickstarter stuff in yeah great, there are still things we are owed from the last kickstarter and no update or sign of them and it seems unlikely that even half of the products announced for this year are going to make it.

So what? I'm not being flippant here, I am seriously asking: how does it affect you if these products hit shelves later than planned?
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #904 on: 03 May 2024, 23:53:05 »

What are you still missing from the first kickstarter?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #905 on: 04 May 2024, 03:06:08 »
What are you still missing from the first kickstarter?

Ignoring the near impossible to fix stuff like Canon Backer Characters, Den of Wolves is the most notable but also Scenario #4: Grand Melee, Scenario #5: Batchall, Expanded Military Briefing: The Clans, new chapter serial (not Shrapnel) with Backer Character appearances, and a new novella with a "Senior Backer" character in it.

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #906 on: 04 May 2024, 04:04:29 »
Do you think that the simultaneous release of a few dozen products a month or so from now will make up for that?

If Mercs stuff is released in a month or so, I would be a happy puppy, and who know how many others. Especially in retail.

However, based on the experience with QML pledge fulfillment during Clan Invasion kickstarter, we will see Mercs stuff in August, near to three months. It's gonna be three long months for some people.

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #907 on: 04 May 2024, 04:20:55 »
So what? I'm not being flippant here, I am seriously asking: how does it affect you if these products hit shelves later than planned?

It can affect people's plans to paint their miniatures. Not everyone has airbrushes and people depend on weather conditions to prime or varnish.

You know, I never asked myself why is getting late in delivering a product not looked upon with favor in an industry. Maybe there is a reason for it, I don't know.

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #908 on: 04 May 2024, 05:49:50 »
It can affect people's plans to paint their miniatures. Not everyone has airbrushes and people depend on weather conditions to prime or varnish.

I'm curious how far north you have to be for autumn to be that bad. At least in the notoriously-always-raining-UK (more true in the last couple of years that it's been for a while), it's not been that difficult to find a day to spray/varnish even in winter (at least in the midlands), so it's never been a concern I've had to think about seriously. (Hell, for my Dad (previous to retirement, anyway) wargaming always had emphasis more when he couldn't go out for a bike ride and whatnot in autumn/winter.) Sure, winter I can see if you are in a place where you get regular snow (we don't anymore), so like, Canada and Alaska and such I suppose must have the issue and by extension some of the north US. Scotland maybe? I genuniely am curious.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #909 on: 04 May 2024, 08:01:06 »
I'm curious how far north you have to be for autumn to be that bad. At least in the notoriously-always-raining-UK (more true in the last couple of years that it's been for a while), it's not been that difficult to find a day to spray/varnish even in winter (at least in the midlands), so it's never been a concern I've had to think about seriously. (Hell, for my Dad (previous to retirement, anyway) wargaming always had emphasis more when he couldn't go out for a bike ride and whatnot in autumn/winter.) Sure, winter I can see if you are in a place where you get regular snow (we don't anymore), so like, Canada and Alaska and such I suppose must have the issue and by extension some of the north US. Scotland maybe? I genuniely am curious.

Depends. I live in Vancouver Canada, and to spray outside, by September the Rains are in (Humidity High) and temps getting low (sometimes around 8-10 C or around 50 F) so to prime outside, I need to run out, spray and run back in
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #910 on: 04 May 2024, 13:36:49 »
still no response from mrbooth so i'm assuming the reason was impatience

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #911 on: 04 May 2024, 14:13:46 »
Do we know if Jason Schmetzer writes a new BT novel?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #912 on: 04 May 2024, 17:21:54 »
Do we know if Jason Schmetzer writes a new BT novel?

Rumor has it there's a sequel to Blood Will Tell in the works and I'm so here for it.
Welcome to interesting times

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #913 on: 04 May 2024, 19:40:58 »

"It can only be late once, but if it sucks, it sucks forever." A month or two late because of ongoing global shipping issues and a goof-up by a partner is no big deal. Y'all know I'l call CGL out when I think they're mis-stepping, but this isn't one of those times.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #914 on: 04 May 2024, 20:00:39 »
If Catalyst going to be a bigger, better company, this stuff needs to be corrected.
Im ready to spend just give me the go.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #915 on: 05 May 2024, 00:04:35 »

I live in Florida. We have a handful of good days every month in the summer to prime, and then maybe like a good 3 or 4 all winter. Spring and Fall are write-offs if you spray prime, because it is just always too humid to do so. This is why I have switched completely to brush on primers. Understand that it being too dry can also cause issues, as the primer is drying before it hits the model. Too hot and too cold also impact how the primer goes onto the miniatures. So, if you live in area with wild weather variations(Florida in the US, the city of Melbourne in the Australia that experiences all 4 seasons in a single day), spray primers are just a waste.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #916 on: 05 May 2024, 00:14:42 »
I live in Florida. We have a handful of good days every month in the summer to prime, and then maybe like a good 3 or 4 all winter. Spring and Fall are write-offs if you spray prime, because it is just always too humid to do so. This is why I have switched completely to brush on primers. Understand that it being too dry can also cause issues, as the primer is drying before it hits the model. Too hot and too cold also impact how the primer goes onto the miniatures. So, if you live in area with wild weather variations(Florida in the US, the city of Melbourne in the Australia that experiences all 4 seasons in a single day), spray primers are just a waste.

I don't have these kinds of difficulties. I spray prime and dullcoat outside all year round. I just check that the humidity is 60 or below first. Even in summer, it gets that low most days. Tuesday was our first day of rain for almost two months. Before that, it was entire weeks of humidity down into the 20s.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #917 on: 05 May 2024, 01:52:51 »
So, if you live in area with wild weather variations(Florida in the US, the city of Melbourne in the Australia that experiences all 4 seasons in a single day), spray primers are just a waste.

I find brushing on primer relaxing, and good for my hands (fends off the incipient RSI.) Given I do battalions, you just get in the groove.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #918 on: 05 May 2024, 01:59:52 »
Rumor has it there's a sequel to Blood Will Tell in the works and I'm so here for it.

Tom Leveen is writing the next Liao-centric novel, which will be set around the same time as Mike Ciaravella's Trial of Bloodright.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #919 on: 06 May 2024, 11:15:40 »

Or my Niece and Nephew just came into the world and I spent the weekend with my family and didn't see the question but you keep making assumptions.

As for what's missing Cyc pretty much laid out what is still missing with no update on when to expect it.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #920 on: 06 May 2024, 12:49:17 »
Interresting.

Do we know if another Wolf`s Dragoons novel/novella is in the pipeline?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
« Reply #921 on: 06 May 2024, 13:13:13 »
Interresting.

Do we know if another Wolf`s Dragoons novel/novella is in the pipeline?

Getting the one from the Clan Invasion KS first would be a solid move.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #922 on: 06 May 2024, 18:36:39 »
Or my Niece and Nephew just came into the world and I spent the weekend with my family and didn't see the question but you keep making assumptions.

As for what's missing Cyc pretty much laid out what is still missing with no update on when to expect it.

thanks for the update and congratulations

Pondering Radish

• Recruit
  • Generic Motivational Phrase 3, Upbeat Tone 2.
« Reply #923 on: 06 May 2024, 19:36:46 »
The constant mental struggle between “Logistics is hard, give some slack.” and the inner BattleTech goblin that says “Product me, product now!”

Hope that the run up to con season isn’t crushing people.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #924 on: 06 May 2024, 20:14:46 »
The constant mental struggle between “Logistics is hard, give some slack.” and the inner BattleTech goblin that says “Product me, product now!”

Hope that the run up to con season isn’t crushing people.

Be happy that people want the product. Its not good when people don't want product.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #925 on: Today at 01:27:30 »
Saw ads for the mugs today on socials.  The Light Horse mug in particular was a nice looking product.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #926 on: Today at 08:27:09 »
Saw ads for the mugs today on socials.  The Light Horse mug in particular was a nice looking product.

The mugs I have seen in person have been nice looking products with very solid heft (the heft can be good or bad depending on your preferences)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #927 on: Today at 12:33:15 »

Congratulations! Forget all this nerd nonsense, new little people are amazing. And let this be a reminder to us all: we are a community. Those words on the screen were typed by a real person, with their own life, hopes, dreams, and nightmares. Nobody is an NPC. Even I sometimes forget it, and for that I apologize. We're all here for the love of the game, but we have lives beyond it.