Author Topic: Random Bondsman Roll  (Read 1154 times)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Random Bondsman Roll
« on: 01 July 2018, 18:04:15 »
Hey guys forgive me if this is out of place or more appropriate for MW2 RPGs, perhaps you guys have already thought of something like this. One of the funniest things that we created for our home campaign is a Random Bondsman Roll table using two six-sided dice. This really serves as a guide to Clan Non-Playing Characters (NPCs) attitudes that can be possible. I should really come up with some modifiers based on previous rank and Clan but before we go farther I would love to get your comments. Hope you enjoy!

Random Bondsman Roll (2d6)
2 – Bondsref (rather than submit this warrior elects to commit suicide)
3 – Rebellious (while captured for the moment this warrior will attempt to rebel or escape)
4 – Miserable (resentful of their fate this warrior chooses to make your life miserable as theirs)
5 – Uncooperative (this warrior is completely uncooperative with his bondholder)
6 – Resigned (offering no resistance this warrior seems reconciled to their fate)
7 – Neutral (adopting a reserved attitude this warrior future allegiance can go either way)
8 – Adapting (while missing his old Clan this warrior is at least agreeable towards their new one)
9 – Cooperative (working together with their bondholder in spite of previous ties)
10 – Favorable (joining their bondholder in a new Clan looks promising to this warrior)
11 – Enthusiastic (looking at their situation positively this warrior eagerly wants acceptance)
12 – Trustworthy (this warrior immediately engenders confidence and may soon be restored)

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: Random Bondsman Roll
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2018, 19:46:45 »
Obviously on factor would be era: Because certain era's exist, you would have immediately different faction modifiers (proto Crusader, Warden and isolationist factions before The Wolf Dragoon compromise, Operation: Revival's Crusader and Warden factions, the two resulting but different factions post Wars of Reeving). Obviously modifiers for specific Clans in regards to other Clans, Rank, Blood Named or not, Ristar or not, Dezgra or not, True borne or Free Borne... :D
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Re: Random Bondsman Roll
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2018, 10:16:49 »
Era is an interesting factor I had not considered. Here are some that I did.

Age (younger the warrior is the more likely they are to convert)
Rank (the more accomplished warriors suck as Galaxy Commanders and Khans will not likely make a change)
Heritage (certain Clans like Fire Mandrill are prone to the negative on these rolls)
Rivalry (traditional enemies and blood rival Clans will not be attractive to some bondsman)
Politics (as the Harvest Wars showed politics can attract warriors from other Clans seeking greater oppurtunity)
Birthright (certainly genetic legacy would play into considerations especially if you already hold a bloodname) 
Circumstances (the fashion in which this bondsman was taken likely impacts if they will be cooperative or not)
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 11:18:30 by Takiro »