Author Topic: Seizure/Repo auctions  (Read 2565 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Seizure/Repo auctions
« on: 28 February 2018, 01:02:58 »
This evening during one of the shows i was watching, me and my mom got to talking about various stuff, and eventually it got off onto tangent about repossessed/seized vehicles and properties.

Now, while stationed out in NOB Norfolk, i knew an airdale (also a gaming buddy) WHO over his 8 years being stationed in norfolk, had purchased cars and trucks FROM those govt seizure auctions, did some 'rehab' and then sold them on the 2nd hand market, often making a good penny in the process..

I have also occasionally, heard other people doing the same. BUT i've never once remembered hearing about "the cops of X county will he holding an auction on XYZ date" on any local news channels, or in any local news papers..

So
A) has anyone hear ever bought a vehicle at one of those auctions?
B) if so, how/where did you hear about it?

It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

elf25s

• Major
Re: Seizure/Repo auctions
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2018, 02:01:35 »
ok you just may opened up a can of worms with the public forefeture..its a complex issue
as for sales check for auctions with your local sheriffs office about locations and times. and if you are determined after some fights and arguments you may get into federal sales auctions.
sherfifs sale usually involves properties and sometimes furniture and miscalenious stuff but cars are usually sold at the auction on behalf of your local PD. btw you may want to also contact your local pd and your tax office it varies by state and county, and they do advetrise usually on dead tree media not on website when event is taking place.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2018, 14:14:21 »
and they do advetrise usually on dead tree media not on website when event is taking place.

Maybe that's why i rarely have seen them in the past 10 years, cause i don't look in local newspapers..

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2018, 14:41:33 »
Maybe that's why i rarely have seen them in the past 10 years, cause i don't look in local newspapers..

You'd likely be correct. i see police auctions maybe every four months in the local paper's ads, but they don't so much get on the radio, let alone anything remotely modern.  i'd suggest poaching a friend's subscription, since those come with a fair amount of "local" adverts during the week where i've usually found them. best of luck, in any event!
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2018, 00:38:41 »
On another site, someone suggested calling some local banks up, and asking WHO they do their repo'ed auctions through and when.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2018, 00:54:47 »
On another site, someone suggested calling some local banks up, and asking WHO they do their repo'ed auctions through and when.
majority of them  95% will make you pay anywhere from 29.99 to 599.99 for a out of date lists
there was  a site that specilised in police auctions propertyroom i think it had been long time since i peaked into it
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2018, 01:57:23 »
You'd be looking in the Public Notice section of the classifieds.  That's where the auction notices are; they may also be listed online if your local newspaper realizes the 1990s have ended.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2018, 18:39:58 »
Man, please consider not capitalizing words to add emphasis.  :o I'm over here trying to make sense of sentences where organizations are coming to mind, or I am trying to recall what organization you are referring to.  :o

Me: [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank] [blank]

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2018, 23:58:35 »
Sorry, bout that.   But i've always capitalized a word that i am trying to emphasis..

Register