Author Topic: Affiliations for pre Clan Invasion  (Read 1997 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Affiliations for pre Clan Invasion
« on: 08 March 2019, 09:02:36 »
So I am making a character for a game set in 3023 and want them to be a Rasalhague Loyalist, is there anything out there to emulate this?
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
Re: Affiliations for pre Clan Invasion
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2019, 09:36:44 »
I'd start with Era Report 3052, and work backwards from there. An Era Report 3025 should come out at some point.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2019, 11:25:25 »
Well, you really have only two options at this time. You can use the Early clan Era FRR Affiliation from ER 3052, and replace the Hatred of Mercs Compulsion with Hatred of DC, and swap out the various "Any Lyran or Draconis" with "Any Draconis." That should work fine for what you're looking for.

Or you could use the Rasalhague Sub-Affiliation for the DC Affiliation in ER2750. Sure, its about 300 years early, but there isn't a whole lot of major changes between 2750 and 3025.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2019, 19:01:19 »
What they said, really.  ER 3052 is my main go to for pre-clan stuff if stripping out the modern references gets too annoying.