Author Topic: Lyran Alliance - Skye Guard (Stormhammer paint scheme)  (Read 741 times)

Tangoforone

• Master Sergeant
So I finally completed my Lyran unit.  I chose a bit of a different paint scheme, opting for the Stormhammers paint scheme of dark blue and grey.  Since they aren't technically around till the Dark Ages, and I only really play in the 3070's time frame, I decided that it was a planet specific military group on Skye allied with the Lyran Alliance, since that is more or less where the Stormhammers ended up.  Works well enough for me. 

First full Battalion (pretty sure battalion is 36 units) that I have painted up that is my own; I definitely have work to do to get better, but I'm happy with it.  I am going to try doing the jeweling effect a bit more next time, and maybe I will try some slight weathering effects.  Also, and it is hard to tell here, I need to work on my wash application.  I think it just needs to be more liquidy (super scientific term, I know).  All in all, I'm happy with the outcome.

Next up is the Clan mechs that my uncle gave me.  75 lead units from the bygone era that I started to work on last year, but I botched the priming job and took a break (the surface of the paint feels very rough, like grains of sugar are glued to it).  I'll strip the primer and find a brush-on one since I only can really paint in my apartment.  I'm thinking a second line garrison unit for Clan Jade Falcon with a bit of wear and tear.