Author Topic: (Answered) BattleMech/Vehicle HarJel BV  (Read 1180 times)

Bandit Queen

• Corporal
(Answered) BattleMech/Vehicle HarJel BV
« on: 16 November 2018, 07:30:13 »
The BattleMech/Vehicle HarJel system (TO, p.288) is a very powerful system that completely changes underwater battles.  LRT equipped "paper tigers" can now dominate underwater battles.  With Hull Breaching checks ignored for damage, the only way to fairly fight is for all units to have a HarJel system.  I say fairly fight, because I cannot find a Battle Value for this item.  The MechWarrior Aquatic Survival System (TO, p.325) is a very similar system that is made to seal a BattleMech's cockpit in the event of an armor breach.  I assume the MASS works the same on a failed Hull Breach check as it does for complete armor loss.  The MASS has a Battle Value of 9 (TO, p.383).  With just 4 Vehicle HarJel systems, a submarine (without a turret) can have every facing protected from damage related Hull Breach checks.

1)   What is the Battle Value for the BattleMech/Vehicle HarJel system?
« Last Edit: 25 November 2018, 14:31:24 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) BattleMech/Vehicle HarJel BV
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2018, 14:31:18 »
0 BV.

If it takes a crit, it takes out the whole section it's in as if that location got flooded.  I assume the designers felt that this, and the weight and space it occupies, was sufficient to counteract any advantage gained.  It's questionable whether or not more armour wouldn't be the better choice instead.

3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register