Author Topic: Blakists in the Periphery  (Read 28932 times)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
Re: Blakists in the Periphery
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2011, 05:33:27 »
Thanks for clearing this up. However, i do believe the mention about an old RWR factory or outpost (outpost 25?) in JC:ISP2 isn't just a rumor.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2011, 07:50:29 »
Outpost #27.  However, before we continue, I'd like to repost the usual caveat that anything mentioned in either Interstellar Players book is just a rumor (albeit one that exists in character) until it's confirmed by another source.  Starling's role in the game is to prime the plot hook pump, not dispense facts.

However, RWR Outpost #27 is, as described, a bit more complicated than being just a factory.  It was a training and construction zone, albeit one that's described as largely falling into disrepair.  Whether the Order (and by implication, the Word) could have been doing something out that way, given the latter's existing Periphery shenanigans and the funding sources available to either, certainly, and the area might have presented a starting point for other work.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2011, 10:30:26 »
Construction of what, exactly? My belief is limited to 'Mech production only. Its stated that more than half of all pre-Jihad Phoenix designs ended up being fielded by the Blakists, but the impression from TRO:PP was that all the visible factory output sans the FWL and Trinity Alliance ones were going to their rightful factions.

So, the Blakists must have some Corean-style Star League automated factory somewhere pumping out all those -D, -K, -S, and whatever non -M, -L and -H Phoenix designs, which led me to believe in them restarting Outpost 27.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: 10 February 2011, 13:32:48 »
A lot of pirates, such as Lady Death, were in bed with the Blakists in exchange for equipment. The Brotherhood of Randis seems to be a large thorn in the Robes' side, however.

The Brotherhood was involved in fights against the WoB and its pirates allies during the Jihad. At least from what you can infere from the clan notable pilot of the Kingfisher (the guy collected Blakist ears IIRC).
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2011, 19:04:57 »
So, the Blakists must have some Corean-style Star League automated factory somewhere pumping out all those -D, -K, -S, and whatever non -M, -L and -H Phoenix designs, which led me to believe in them restarting Outpost 27.

Some of the TROPP output wasn't new construction at all - it was people hauling in old Succession Wars chassis for intensive refit and refurbishing.  And most of it was done at known facilities.  On looking through TROPP, I'm not seeing a lot of evidence leading me to see large-scale construction going on completely unknown to the forces later involved in the Coalition.  It's where the production went that's interesting.

That outpost's primary purpose - if it existed at all - was as a training facility and a place to marshal RWR forces outside the notice of the Houses, not a production hub.  The shipyards may well have been busy dealing with refitting some of the ships we know turned up in Periphery hands, such as the Lola IIs or maintaining RWR naval assets without necessarily doing a lot of new construction and wouldn't be of much use for 'Mech construction anyway.  The GM's section describes the area as mostly barren and worn down by time.

EDIT: Of course, we're both looking at limited evidence, some of it from dubious sources, and frankly, what works for a campaign (even mine) is different from what I or anyone else may think is really going on.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2011, 19:08:15 by Moonsword »

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 11 February 2011, 05:03:04 »
It does make sense, though the writing on Damocles' findings and other things about PP in M&M, in particular, boggles the mind with possibilities. But i agree with ya'.

Register