Author Topic: (Answered) Training...  (Read 1642 times)

Rustman

(Answered) Training...
« on: 17 April 2012, 19:41:12 »
Question...

It says (p.334)..

"Subtract from this roll half of the difference between the student's skill level and that of the trainer, to reflect lessons the student has already learned (and thus the added difficulty to teach him something new), (Thus, a trainer attempting to pass on the wisdom of his level +6 Gunnery skill to a student with a level of +3 would subtract 1 point from the training roll result [6-2=3/2=1.5, round down to 1]"

By comparison, if that same character were training a level 0 student, the math would be 6-0=6/2=3, so I'd have to subtract 3 from the training result.  The level 0 character is 3 times more difficult to train than the level 3 character?  That makes no sense, at least not by the rationale given (difficulty in finding new knowledge to teach).  Adding the result makes sense... I can see adding 3 to the roll because it is easier to teach a moldable level 0 than a level 3 that knows a lot already... but not subtracting.  Maybe someone can enlighten me on this?
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 00:45:53 by Xotl »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Training...
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2012, 20:21:36 »
Yeah, that's an error. Should be "add" not subtract. Should already be on our errata list, I believe.

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Rustman

Re: Training...
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2012, 20:34:42 »
Yeah, that's an error. Should be "add" not subtract. Should already be on our errata list, I believe.

Paul

Ah, excellent.  Thanks much.  You wouldn't happen to know when the errata is going to be released?  ToW isn't yet listed on the errata page...