Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 249633 times)

CJC070

• Lieutenant
Loving Petr! He has the sea foxs set up for a power behind the throne deal which I approve.

Now let us see Clanners embracing the mercenary life.  First the Falcons hire them, now the Sea Foxes support them, next I want to see Wolfs become them.  I am not talking about former Republic forces, I want Trueborns with a bloodname going merc.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Now let us see Clanners embracing the mercenary life.  First the Falcons hire them, now the Sea Foxes support them, next I want to see Wolfs become them.  I am not talking about former Republic forces, I want Trueborns with a bloodname going merc.

Anastasia Kerensky
Dragan Fletcher
and Clanners in the Republic were Bloodnamed trueborns
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Anastasia Kerensky
Dragan Fletcher
and Clanners in the Republic were Bloodnamed trueborns

Not to mention Original Recipe Natasha herself.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
True, I was actually trying to remember if the Raging Horde (established 3060s) had bloodnamed or if we had any in Op Bulldog participating mercs.  I know Snords got a lot of Falcons, but I do not recall if any were Bloodnamed.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
True, I was actually trying to remember if the Raging Horde (established 3060s) had bloodnamed or if we had any in Op Bulldog participating mercs.  I know Snords got a lot of Falcons, but I do not recall if any were Bloodnamed.

The Horde's founder was Bloodnamed: ex-Nova Cat Calvin Moon.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Thought so, I do not think his Diamond Shark collaborator was however.
Colt Ward

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
My Sea Fox associates: I pose a question to you. I have a Tiburon and two Hammerheads for Sea Fox mechs. I’m trying to think of a pair of mechs to complement this Star, preferably of the plastic variety but I am open to ideas. My intention is to make a Sea Fox/ Diamond Shark representation really of some decent mechs.

I have no particular notion of a mission role or weight classes (although those three mechs most likely mean most Assault Classes bar the Executioner are out). No era restriction either as this won’t be a force built for a particular campaign or what not.

My initial thought was a pair of Novas to represent Black Hawk (Standards), but I was hoping for something I don’t know ‘flashier’ if that makes any sense?

Trothkin can you help with some suggestions?
« Last Edit: 14 February 2023, 18:15:57 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
Not a Sea Fox, but a Grendel and a Nova Cat would be my two votes. The Grendel would pair well with the Tiburon I feel and give some quicker firepower that won't totally wilt if something with pulses/LBX/HAGs/etc looks at it, and the Nova Cat is still the Clan pocket assault 'Mech in my eyes, even if it does slow the Star down by a good deal (though the Hammerheads aren't really fast). Plus both are fairly fluffy Fox 'Mechs, and are available in plastic to boot.
« Last Edit: 14 February 2023, 19:40:11 by Crimson Dynamo »
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
In the ilclan sourcebooks, Clan Sea Fox has been assuming more and more the duties & responsibilities of the former-Comstar.  This confuses me. 
Why would Clan Sea fox be interested in this and why would the inner sphere powers allow this?

For instance, the latest sourcebook intimates that Sea Fox is acting as the new neutral party ensuring mercenary contracts like Comstar used to.  I don't understand why a mercenary trade that has enjoyed its freedom would put itself under the authority of a clan.  I understand functionally why someone in universe needs to.  I don't get why Sea Fox would or why anyone would go along with it.  Color me confused.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Not a Sea Fox, but a Grendel and a Nova Cat would be my two votes. The Grendel would pair well with the Tiburon I feel and give some quicker firepower that won't totally wilt if something with pulses/LBX/HAGs/etc looks at it, and the Nova Cat is still the Clan pocket assault 'Mech in my eyes, even if it does slow the Star down by a good deal (though the Hammerheads aren't really fast). Plus both are fairly fluffy Fox 'Mechs, and are available in plastic to boot.

Forgot about the Grendel even though I own four: that’s not a bad idea.

In the ilclan sourcebooks, Clan Sea Fox has been assuming more and more the duties & responsibilities of the former-Comstar.  This confuses me. 
Why would Clan Sea fox be interested in this and why would the inner sphere powers allow this?

For instance, the latest sourcebook intimates that Sea Fox is acting as the new neutral party ensuring mercenary contracts like Comstar used to.  I don't understand why a mercenary trade that has enjoyed its freedom would put itself under the authority of a clan.  I understand functionally why someone in universe needs to.  I don't get why Sea Fox would or why anyone would go along with it.  Color me confused.

Several reasons.

One) ComStar assets were at an all time low cheap price so they snatched up as many as they could. They MIGHT have the solution on how to fix them, and owning them all will make them a LOT of money and power in the Sphere.

Two) Mercenaries contracted thru them will not only get them a small piece of the contract but make them once again in a position of power. Think of Outreach except mobile and with Clan sense of honor intact for breaching of contract. Theirs a good POV in the new Mercenary Novella series (Riptides) and the snippet in a DD sidebar gives a lot of perspective.

Three) It’s not necessarily about the freedom and bondage aspect: Clan Sea Fox is acting as a negotiating agent on behalf of the mercs… as in their corner. The Mercs know how to get a hold of them and it’s not like they’ll run away with their money. Also if the client is in breach of the contract then the mercs know that Clan Sea Fox is in THEIR corner. For up and coming mercenaries this could be a life saver: not being company stored, or shafted of their rightful pay.

Clan Sea Fox is taking aspects of the Inner Sphere that the original Clans never wanted to concern themselves with and enriching themselves because of it. Imagine if they took control of Solaris and other sports worlds. Imagine them absorbing merchant fleets and working with the AML to provide mobile banks to everyone. Imagine them reintroducing the C-Bill that every faction could use again. That’s a LOT of powerful tools at their command.

CJC070

• Lieutenant

The Lyrans attempted to help Comstar and all they got was the phone bill.  No one has the resources to rebuild the HPG network and the Sea Foxes may be able to do it. 

Ultimately the Inner Sphere powers are “letting” the Sea Foxes taking over because no one else wants the job or is capable of doing it.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
My Sea Fox associates: I pose a question to you. I have a Tiburon and two Hammerheads for Sea Fox mechs. I’m trying to think of a pair of mechs to complement this Star, preferably of the plastic variety but I am open to ideas. My intention is to make a Sea Fox/ Diamond Shark representation really of some decent mechs.

I have no particular notion of a mission role or weight classes (although those three mechs most likely mean most Assault Classes bar the Executioner are out). No era restriction either as this won’t be a force built for a particular campaign or what not.

My initial thought was a pair of Novas to represent Black Hawk (Standards), but I was hoping for something I don’t know ‘flashier’ if that makes any sense?

If you want to keep to something similar speed/weight profile some options are the Mad Cat III (any), Sun Cobra 2, Shadow Cat III, and Wendigo. If you want to go a little heavier/slower, there's the Thresher II and Lupus.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
Hi everyone.  I know the Tukayyid hype was very 2020, but… when saKhan Barbara Sennet fought alongside Khan Hawker in Kozice Valley, would she have been fighting in a Gamma Galaxy star, or in an Alpha Galaxy/Diamond Keshik star that included the Khan?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
Hi everyone.  I know the Tukayyid hype was very 2020, but… when saKhan Barbara Sennet fought alongside Khan Hawker in Kozice Valley, would she have been fighting in a Gamma Galaxy star, or in an Alpha Galaxy/Diamond Keshik star that included the Khan?

Per the Battle of Tukayyid book (the more recent one, not the FASA one), Barbara Sennet commanded Alpha Galaxy during the campaign. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any more specific than that.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2023, 16:39:17 by tassa_kay »

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
Huh… you’re right.  Thanks!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
So, what are the thoughts on the stuff Sea Fox are doing in Dominions Divided? (put in spoilers because I don't think everyone has access yet)

Becoming the new MRBC, but one with teeth, was not something I expected.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Church14

• Lieutenant
So, what are the thoughts on the stuff Sea Fox are doing in Dominions Divided? (put in spoilers because I don't think everyone has access yet)

Becoming the new MRBC, but one with teeth, was not something I expected.

I don’t particularly like the MRBC bit. It feels like Foxes are on this extended win streak, constantly messing around and not finding out. I also wonder how truly even handed Foxes will be. A clan MRBC just as ilClan happens? “Oh wow, why is that everyone looking for mercenaries to fight the faux league is having so much trouble finding willing recruits?” They have too much vested interest in putting a finger on the scales to not do so.

Note that I’m quite ready to revise my opinion on further plot developments. A lot of this is in early stages and can go some engaging ways.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
I don’t particularly like the MRBC bit. It feels like Foxes are on this extended win streak, constantly messing around and not finding out. I also wonder how truly even handed Foxes will be. A clan MRBC just as ilClan happens? “Oh wow, why is that everyone looking for mercenaries to fight the faux league is having so much trouble finding willing recruits?” They have too much vested interest in putting a finger on the scales to not do so.

Note that I’m quite ready to revise my opinion on further plot developments. A lot of this is in early stages and can go some engaging ways.

They may be on a winning streak but I’m hoping their “Clan MRBC” is divided between the ovKhan.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns

Question is, do you want to match the lowest speed?  or have those be the hammers of the remaining 2 mechs being anvils?

IF you want anvils, the Warhammer IIC (representing a 4) and Marauder IIC would be good choices.  Both are in plastic, and both had versions made by the Foxes going into the Dark Age- in fact the Warhammer IIC 4 was VERY widespread due to the Foxes production/sale of the mech.  Suppose survivability with the SFE and Clan CASE did not hurt either.

If you want to keep the speed . . . well, I intend to use the Shadow Cat as a proxy for the Firestorm.  Then you also have the Ostscout IIC . . . you could also use the Raven and claim it is the latest version as Capellan salvage, if you wanted electronics.

Or flip the script and give them one of the upcoming Phoenix Hawk IIC . . . as fast at the Hammerhead, and it brings some guns in various versions.
Colt Ward

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
I ended up going with my extra Grendel’s. The composition of this Cluster I’m putting them in is an amalgamation of various other Clan designs: a Wolf Trinary, a Falcon Trinary, etc.

My Sea Fox Star is to pair with my Blood Spirit Binary. I’m going to rotate the Hammerheads to my slower Star and add in two Crimison Languars to match the Grendel and Tiburon.

My brand new Plastic Phoenix Hawk is going with the 10 Variant and sticking with my Ghost Bear Bear-serker unit: I had a blast playing it at the KS Launch party I went to.

I usually try to match top speeds or at the very least roles: my Annihilator can’t match anything but it’s going with my LRM battery mechs (Viking IIC, Bane 3, etc). I also usually group the speeds at the Star Level (or rarely the Trinary Level). Granted this is at an organizational level because super rarely do I play a TT game with an actual unit I’ve built.

For this Cluster I’m still trying to keep speeds but more trying to keep flavor. My Sea Foxes and Blood Spirits are the inly two units I don’t have larger formations for, so unfortunately they are a bit more mixed together.