Author Topic: BattleTech: Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation  (Read 58457 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: BattleTech: Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation
« Reply #60 on: 18 May 2013, 01:06:30 »
I kinda like the TC on the Shun. For only 1 ton, the same as a third Magshot, you get the opportunity to aim shots against enemy units.

Um, actually you could get two Magshots for that TC.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #61 on: 18 May 2013, 01:16:27 »
You must defeat the Shen Long to stand a chance. ;D

(Those who get the reference shall receive a cookie.)

Street Fighter. Can't remember though I or II?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 18 May 2013, 01:32:50 »
Street Fighter. Can't remember though I or II?
If II which SFII? There's like ten of them

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #63 on: 18 May 2013, 01:33:14 »
The Arrow IV tank is a nice signature unit from MWDA ... too bad they couldn't work in a Targe or "ATV squad," but that would have cost two entries, and I don't see anything I'd want to trade just for a nod and wink.

Well, the Targe already has an entry in TRO 3085 :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #64 on: 18 May 2013, 01:49:22 »
If II which SFII? There's like ten of them

The original arcade version of Street Fighter II. It was a mistranslation of Ryu's attack but people took it to be a characters name.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #65 on: 18 May 2013, 01:59:05 »
So, another nice product. It is worth noting that there are interesting historical tidbits for Republic, FWL and especially FS players too.

- Amazon: Well, I am no battle armor expert, but having read the Battle Armor of the Week articles, I am quite sure that this is the best medium BA you can design with Inner Sphere tech.

- Shen Long:  :o Is this for real?! Speed, armor, and firepower! Nasty to meet.

- Luduan: Another nice scout hover.

- Nisos: Quality? Crew comfort? On a Quikscell design?! It is a cold day in hell. The end is near!

- Shun: Good transport VTOL. The weapon choices seems a bit odd however.

- Predator: Nice and nasty.

- Sheriff: Meh. First design that does nothing for me. Not a fan of the pods, I would prefer something more useful in a longer engagement.

- Zhan: This is something that I would like better if A) it was 15 ton lighter, and B) it did not have to split armor between two turrets. Was the design process for this vehicle similar to that of the M2 Bradley?

- Pixiu: Nice MBT.

- Arrow IV Assault: Well, I am not really a fan of over-expensive and over-engineered artillery, but the fluff sold me on the need for it.

- Behemoth II: I prefer my tanks to be no more than 90 tons, and is not a fan of the Thunderbolt launcher, but you cannot really say that a tank that can out-alpha a Thunder Hawk a range is bad.

- Gùn: Well, the fluff sold me on the role for this unit. However, it is something I would never ever use in a frontline unit.

- Anubis: Nice evolution of the design. Looks solid.

- Yinghuochong: (Should that really be written as one word?) It is a Capellan Pack Hunter!

- Calliope: Well, that explains why this is not a Vindicator variant. Decent enough design.

- Raven II: A much needed speed upgrade.

- Agrotera: Nice Pixie type mech. The wing is what makes this one stand out. BTW, has someone done any wing vs improved jump jets comparison?

- Vandal: This one seems a bit odd. First the name, which is odd for a new CC mech. Second, the configs are all over place with new toys so that there is hardly any room for serious firepower in the end. (Reminds me a bit of the Celestials in that way.) Third, from the look of the configs it seems designed to operate mostly with other Vandals only.

- Catapult II: Well, the upgunned missile racks are nice to have, but it is hard to evaluate it because one of its main features is an unknown quality.

- Mortis: I am sure there are people who will like it, but it gets a meh from me. Mainly because it spends so much tonnage on the Hatchet and still lacks TSM.

- Tian-zong: The small cockpit is an odd choice for a command mech. The weapon setup is solid however.

- Lu Wei Bing: As others have said, a Victor.

- Saroyan: Well, if commanders do not know that conventionals are fragile, they need to go back to the academy for remedial classes.

- Yùn: A delivery mechanism for nasty surprises.

- Zhen Niao: I lack the knowledge to evaluate this design. It does at least have enough armor to avoid being thresholded by smaller weapons.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Gus

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 18 May 2013, 02:19:13 »
Some rough reverse engineering yields:

TSEMP - 6 tons, 5 crits, DE, X

Heat-Resistant Armour - 10 points per ton, 6 crits.

Pity we still don't have the full rules for them though!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #67 on: 18 May 2013, 02:38:23 »
Fantastic TRO with lots of very cool designs; my one nitpick is that whoever designed the Yinghuochong forgot that remote sensor dispensers need ammo.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #68 on: 18 May 2013, 02:47:50 »
Fantastic TRO with lots of very cool designs; my one nitpick is that whoever designed the Yinghuochong forgot that remote sensor dispensers need ammo.

Not according to the latest TM errata. They now come with 30 "shots" built in. And you can't add more.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #69 on: 18 May 2013, 02:51:28 »
- Lu Wei Bing: As others have said, a Victor.

Last time I checked, Capellan Victors were stealth-armored gauss-toting war machines.  There's another CC design the Bing more closely emulates and replaces.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #70 on: 18 May 2013, 02:59:48 »
OK...still reading through the book, and, to keep my comments honest, I am not reading through the thread(I know, bad form,
but I don't want my initial impression to be colored by other people's comments).

First: Yay! I LOVE the Shun VTOL. Seriously, that is some BEAUTIFUL infantry space.
Second: I love seeing a new combat WiGE...especially with PLASMA!
Third: Really? The Behemoth II is a Liao design? And...yeah...beautiful!
Fourth: A new, LIGHT Omni Mech? Too bad about it not having Stealth Armor
Fifth: Oh cool! an Inner Sphere Pack Hunter with remote sensor dispenser and tag, and a name I think we need
          MadCapellan to give us a pronounciation guide to.
Sixth: Partial Wing: its not just for Adventurine Pidgeons anymore!
Seventh: Yay! Something we have not seen for a long time: a new Heavy IS OmniMech! Glad to see OmniTech is not
     a dead end in the Inner Sphere.
Eighth: So..the Mortis is Capellan? Cool...and, interesting use of AES...
Ninth: The Tian-Zong is a lot nastier then I had thought it was...
Tenth: It would take Liao to make a stealth bomber, it seems..Does stealth armor actually matter for aero-units?
Eleventh: Wait...a medium ASF that drops death commandos..er..I mean, infantry, most likely battle armor? *LOVE!*
Twelfth: OK..that is a really cool small craft..I want a flight of them and a dropship that can carry them!
Thirteenth: And..I am sad: there is not MagClamp variant of the Amazon.  :'(
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #71 on: 18 May 2013, 03:03:16 »
Not according to the latest TM errata. They now come with 30 "shots" built in. And you can't add more.

Oh, fantastic. That's a much better way to handle it.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
« Reply #72 on: 18 May 2013, 03:08:37 »
Its tiny. But very good looking...  and yes actually an assault with tsm can pick it up.

Lends a whole new meaning to being hit with a GUN.  :o
« Last Edit: 18 May 2013, 03:39:22 by Wolflord »

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #73 on: 18 May 2013, 03:36:42 »
Reading more about the descriptions of the TSEMP, it sounds kind of like a weird cross between the 'Mech taser and the Centurion WS; it also sounds like it works kind of like MASC, in that the more turns in a row you use it the more likely it is to cause negative effects to the user.

- Klarg1

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 18 May 2013, 03:41:24 »

Heat-Resistant Armour - 10 points per ton, 6 crits.

If it only provides protection from Infernos and the like I'd say useless on 'Mechs but potentially worth it on Vees, if it provides heat disputation (Which is what I figure based on the stats) worth it's weight in gold

They always have, sorta. TacOps (where the ammo is described) has always said they come with those 30 shots

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
« Reply #75 on: 18 May 2013, 03:50:23 »
I had that same thought! Tow Artillery with your artillery!

Somewhere I have a picture of an early ww2 British tank that has been converted to a SP 6pdr anti-tank gun towing a 25pdr field gun in Normandy not quite the same thing if I can find it Ill post it in off topic.

Preview looks cool and I notice the DCMS version is on the front page now.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #76 on: 18 May 2013, 04:24:37 »
I'm trying to reproduce the Vandal in SSW right now...is anyone coming up a ton short in all three configs?

- Klarg1

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #77 on: 18 May 2013, 04:36:03 »
I'm trying to reproduce the Vandal in SSW right now...is anyone coming up a ton short in all three configs?

That really doesn't need spoiler tags. This, however, does: Did you forget the supercharger? CASE II? Torso Cockpit? All the math works out for me, so it's something you or SSW is doing wrong.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #78 on: 18 May 2013, 04:43:06 »

I tried entering the prime, and have no problems, 0 tons left.
Did you remember the CASE II and the supercharger?

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Adridos

• Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 18 May 2013, 04:49:28 »
Third: Really? The Behemoth II is a Liao design? And...yeah...beautiful!

Well, yes.

You can check the manufacturer on Sarna.net and you'll see it was Capellan the whole time... altough no one can deny it's a bit un-Capellan in design philosophy.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #80 on: 18 May 2013, 05:14:21 »
That really doesn't need spoiler tags. This, however, does: Did you forget the supercharger? CASE II? Torso Cockpit? All the math works out for me, so it's something you or SSW is doing wrong.

Just double-checked and I forgot none of those things. For the life of me I can't figure out what I'm missing, I just seem to have ended up with an extra ton of podspace.

- Klarg1

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #81 on: 18 May 2013, 05:15:53 »
Just double-checked and I forgot none of those things. For the life of me I can't figure out what I'm missing, I just seem to have ended up with an extra ton of podspace.

Weird. I didn't double-check every single component, but the fixed components absolutely add up to 38.5
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

faraday77

• Sergeant
« Reply #82 on: 18 May 2013, 06:16:16 »
Just finished my first read-through. Unless we finally get to see rules for the TSEMP, I'll reserve my comments on the obvious fetish the Cappies have going on for this system.

Amazon: Hm...new golden standard for medium IS BA?
Shen Long: Fast, though, mimetic armour and good firepower. Nasty. I approve.
Luduan: I don't get the point of Magshots on any vehicle, but since it's a spotter/scout... The looks remind me of a WiGE.
Nisos: ...and speaking of WiGE - nice interceptor unit. The support variant makes for a good harasser.
Shun: Like it, but the Magshots/TC combo makes no sense, especially when taking the unused heat sinks into consideration.
Predator: '....JYYYMSEEEEEEET!' /Kirk  On a more serious note, it's always nice to see some Battletechnology units getting (re)canonized. Still, some variants would have been even better. ;D
Sheriff: ...B-Pods? *sigh*
Zahn: Doesn't wow me, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Solid unit.
Pixiu: Perma-stealthed cavalry tank with a Gauss? Yes please.
A4AV: Solid, besides all the tonnage wasted on the VSPLs.
Behemoth II: Again, solid. Gauss and Thunderbolts make this one more of a fire support tank than the supposedly 'support' variant IMO, thinner armour of the later notwhitstanding. The token close range defense RL only make this more obvious.
Gun: It's designed for a specific job, and it's good at it. Bonus points for being an Omni, negative points for lack of missile configs.
Anubis: 'Now available in two flavours, ranged support and brawler!' Still nice enough to consider using them.
Yinghuochong: ...Gesundheit! Yay, another Pack Hunter. Now with added RSD to make it CC-flavoured.
Calliope: Nice. Not flashy, but nice.
Raven II: The quintessential CC EW 'mech, updated. What's not to like?
Agroterea: 'Look, Ma, it's a Gundam.' VSPL, PW and AES on the same 'mech. Too gimmicky for my taste.
Vandal: Huh. Looks a bit confusing at first, but interesting. Looking forward to test this one.
Catapult II: Both models will make for a very bad day for somebody.
Mortis: Headhunter. 'Nuff said.
Tian-Zong: Small cockpit on a command mech? Huh. Can see myself field all of the models.
Lu Wei Bing: Victor/Yu Huang hybrid? AC and Case II make it a though nut to crack.
Sroyan: Well, the fluff says it all.
Yun: UD-4L Cheyenne?  ^-^
Zhen Niao: ...they lost me at Space Mine Dispenser.  [metalhealth]
Gone.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 18 May 2013, 06:38:04 »

Shun: Like it, but the Magshots/TC combo makes no sense, especially when taking the unused heat sinks into consideration.

While the Magshots are indeed odd, the heat sinks are used for the stealth armor.

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #84 on: 18 May 2013, 07:22:54 »
You must defeat the Shen Long to stand a chance. ;D

(Those who get the reference shall receive a cookie.)

Big Trouble in little China?
What does the fox say?

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #85 on: 18 May 2013, 07:28:03 »
Seeing how the Fenrir is a relatively early 2nd generation IS BA and the Shen Long is a tightly mini-maxed 4th generation BA, I hope the outcome is a no-brainer!

I was thinking more just quad vs quad rather than BA evolution.

The Fenrir can come at you with Medium Pulse Lasers while the Shen can hit back with David Light Gauss Rifles.  I think it would be a tough fight if the two BA commanders know how to get the most out of their troopers.
What does the fox say?

faraday77

• Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: 18 May 2013, 07:36:29 »
While the Magshots are indeed odd, the heat sinks are used for the stealth armor.

:o Ouch. Don't know how I didn't see that. Thank you.  :)
Gone.

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #87 on: 18 May 2013, 08:21:28 »
so I was just looking at the Gun's art work and I see that heavy armed infantry guy in the corner and I'm wonder whats that stats on that guys platoon because he looks armed to the teeth
What does the fox say?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #88 on: 18 May 2013, 08:41:14 »
Zhen Niao: ...they lost me at Space Mine Dispenser.  [metalhealth]

As a demonstration of how tastes differ: The Space Mine Dispenser is what SOLD me on the thing.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #89 on: 18 May 2013, 08:55:02 »
I really like the Amazon, its the IS standard suit I have been waiting for.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

Register