Author Topic: Alternate Munitions Qty/Type  (Read 1820 times)

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Alternate Munitions Qty/Type
« on: 07 February 2020, 17:38:12 »
AS:CE, p. 143 appears (to me) to imply that a unit can carry one type of alternate ammo in addition to standard ammo, but doesn't explicitly state such. I've tended toward checking the BT record sheets and going by the number of ammo bins as per TW rules, but that isn't necessarily an option for AS-only players.

So, I feel the need to ask here, before posting in rules questions: How many types of ammunition, including standard, can one unit carry?

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
Re: Alternate Munitions Qty/Type
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2020, 21:00:16 »
All of them, provided you have the AC, SRM, LRM, or iATM special as appropriate.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2020, 23:28:06 »
All of them, provided you have the AC, SRM, LRM, or iATM special as appropriate.
Whoa.  Am I reading this right?  Are you saying my LRM carriers can carry all the alternate munitions into one battle, or that they can choose one from any of the available alternates and bring that and standard munitions to a battle?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2020, 00:17:10 »
rules as written, there is no limit on the types of special munitions your unit can use within a game. you could cycle through all of them in the course of the game if you wanted. since the game abstracts issues of ammunition, you get these sorts of situations.

my suggestion is to talk to your fellow players and decide what, if any, house-rule guidelines your group wants to put regarding limits.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2020, 00:49:02 »
Wow, didn't expect that.  TW rules are based on available ammo bins, correct?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2020, 01:25:29 »
That is all correct, both on TW and on AS.  If your ARC-2R wants to fire Swarm one round, and NARC the next, then it can, no problems (aside from ammo types being available)

Thorvidar

• Sergeant
  • Dark Horse Company Commander
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2020, 15:01:19 »
That is all correct, both on TW and on AS.  If your ARC-2R wants to fire Swarm one round, and NARC the next, then it can, no problems (aside from ammo types being available)
Narc is seperate from normal LRM fire. Narc is its own special tag along with I-NARC. In this case I would fire the Narc as its own seperate roll, much like firing tag, then roll your LRM and get the increase in damage as a result. Unless I am miss remembering and the narc takes effect the next round. Either way they are seperate rolls.

"I don't care what people say, there's no "One True Battletech" way to enjoy this title.
There are many roads leading to Terra, many jump points, let them come." ATLAS3060

"Long story short, if you got a Masakari Prime for IF, you're doing it wrong anyway :)." -Nckestrel

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2020, 22:40:19 »
Correct.  But my point is, that the ARC-2R can use every LRM special munition/ability in a single AS battle.

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2020, 13:00:37 »
As a house rule, we've said you can only choose one type of alternate ammo per special ability. Thus if you have AC1/1/1 and LRM1/2/2, you can choose one AC and one LRM ammo.

Also, I recall reading that you can only use one special type of ammo per round. So in the event you have the AC/LRM ability, you can only choose to use one of those as a special attack. I'd have to confirm if the ASCE explicitly says this...

Register