Author Topic: Vehicles & Motive Systems Damage  (Read 1361 times)

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Vehicles & Motive Systems Damage
« on: 01 April 2020, 16:19:51 »
The decision tree on p. 49 confuses me.

Question:  Does one *always* roll on the Motive Systems Damage Table when a vehicle takes damage?  Or is this roll only taken if there was no critical damage from the attack?

Thanks!

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
Re: Vehicles & Motive Systems Damage
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2020, 20:15:10 »
You always roll once on the MSDT each time a vehicle takes damage from a distinct source. [Edit] Though I realize that that tree seems to contradict p50 "Motive Systems Damage", we play as if that rule supersedes the table.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2020, 20:23:06 by FenderSaxbey »

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2020, 10:22:13 »
Thanks FenderSaxbey!

Logically that makes sense!  The reason I started to doubt that interpretation is because in the "Applying Damage" section (p. 49), "Question 6, Yes" states that after applying critical damage "The attack is then finished".

I probably need to rely more on RAI than overly focus on these series of questions though because they were probably intended to give insights and not be concrete.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2020, 10:42:18 by Captain Punka »

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2020, 10:59:21 »
I probably need to rely more on RAI than overly focus on these series of questions though because they were probably intended to give insights and not be concrete.
That's the way we looked at it at least: rules sections override examples and things like that decision tree. Glad to have helped!