Author Topic: Moving Through Buildings  (Read 997 times)

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Moving Through Buildings
« on: 02 April 2020, 18:14:19 »
The "Movement Effects" section of the Building rules (p. 73) describe that non-infantry units pay additional cost to move "through" buildings and that each inch of movement inflicts 1 point of damage to the building.  I'm wondering if I'm overlooking any advanced, optional rules related to movement types or size.

For example, it makes a lot of sense to me that a 100-ton, tracked tank could plow through a building without taking damage, but what about a 10-ton hover craft slamming into a hardened building?  Some questions:

1. Are there any core rules related to unit size or movement type or units taking damage that I'm overlooking?

2. If not, would it make sense that as a house rule, any non-infantry unit (e.g. 'mechs and vehicles) moving through a building take an amount of damage equal to (Building Weight Capacity - Unit Size) in damage for each inch moved.  So, the aforementioned hover craft (size 1) moving through a hardened building (weight cap 4) would take 3 points of damage per inch moved.

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Re: Moving Through Buildings
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2020, 17:59:04 »
For what it's worth, we tried out this house rule and it definitely worked pretty well with regard to infusing some reality.  No more size-1 hovercraft wrecking hardened buildings.

Register