Author Topic: A Call to War!  (Read 128761 times)

Armond

• Sergeant
Re: A Call to War!
« Reply #90 on: 03 April 2017, 16:51:04 »
Cool! Thank you for the example!

So now I have an issue, two, or three.  Deciding whether to go with all new Society mechs in a Sept.  or should I mix them with other mechs?  Then, which faction?  I am leaning towards complimenting my Clan Burrock forces or starting from scratch with a Coyote group. 

Sitting here typing it out, I feel like I should go with my alreadybestablished Clan Burrock force and just create a pure Society Mech Sept.  I can always mix and match from the Burrock force I have. 

Un:
*Septicemia-D-Z @50pts Skirmisher/Skill3

Trey Alpha:
*Septicemia-E @60pts Skirmisher/Skill3
*Septicemia-A-Z @58pts Brawler/Skill4
*Septicemia-Prime@37pts Sniper/Skill4

Trey Beta:
*Osteon-Prime @75pts Juggernaut/Skill4
*Cephalus-D @34pts Striker/Skill3
*Sprite Ultraheavy Protomech x3 @60pts Missile Boat/Skill4

Total: 374pts

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #91 on: 03 April 2017, 19:25:15 »
Looks cool on paper - looking forward to see your minis!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #92 on: 04 April 2017, 11:20:59 »
Cool! Thank you for the example!

So now I have an issue, two, or three.  Deciding whether to go with all new Society mechs in a Sept.  or should I mix them with other mechs?  Then, which faction?  I am leaning towards complimenting my Clan Burrock forces or starting from scratch with a Coyote group.
My suggestion is to build Treys around a role (Striker, Command, etc). And to arrange the force so that it can be played as either a large Society force and as separate Society+Burrock forces.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: 04 April 2017, 11:35:43 »
Isn't the Un usually the Commander?  Or is that just me being a bit presumptuous?  I mean if need be I could push some things around, maybe like so:

Command Trey:

Striker Trey:

Support Un:

Total: 374pts

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #94 on: 04 April 2017, 11:57:48 »

The Un can be the commander, but it can also be a spotter, decoy or trap.....  >:D

Thinking about multiple possible arrangements really helps with realizing of all your options.
This knowledge can later be used to react flexible to changes in the battlefield.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #95 on: 04 April 2017, 22:34:57 »
Yah I played around with the composition of forces using the information for Alpha Strike and realized there are numerous possible combos available! 

I think the formation i last posted works pretty well.  But I did a quick swap, and am probably going with the below:

Command Trey:

Striker Trey:

Support Un:

Total: 374 pts

So why the change?  Well the D-Z variant of the Septicemia is noted as a Command version, so I figured he needed to be moved.  This still gives me the composition requirements for the Command unit. 

Moving the "Sniper" down to the Striker Trey seems a bit odd, but he still moves as fast as the other Septicemia and so meets the minimum 10" movement of the formation requirement.  Plus 50% of the unit meets the Skirmisher/Striker characteristic needs.

Then the Protos are the odd men out so being Missile boats, it only made sense to give them a support role.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #96 on: 05 April 2017, 17:23:44 »
Most of these last posts should probably be moved into your Call To War thread. That is the type of discussion meant for those articles.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #97 on: 06 April 2017, 20:12:54 »
Which reminds me that my Call to War was never completed...
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #98 on: 07 April 2017, 14:56:11 »
Which reminds me that my Call to War was never completed...

Shhh... Don't remind me. The 4th Mac has been woefully under equipped...

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #99 on: 07 April 2017, 17:48:38 »
Shhh... Don't remind me. The 4th Mac has been woefully under equipped...

Sounds to me like we've got some work to do.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #100 on: 08 April 2017, 06:55:42 »
I know i did not participate in this project as i usually do not bother for BV when i'm planning my paint projects. But it is worth to stay firm on this project. I love to see all your units growing.
For my long time project of the 5th Crucis Lancers i'm currently planning a final of 325 miniatures of which 159 are already painted. And believe me it is worth the effort. So go on!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #101 on: 27 May 2020, 18:13:58 »
So hey, I just stumbled across one of the old Call to War threads, and I can't help but wonder what happened to most of these projects.

Did anyone finish up their force? Does anyone have photos they'd like to share of their work?
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #102 on: 27 May 2020, 18:36:34 »
Quite a few. I did 3 myself; a search for "Call to War" should find them on this forum.

Yep, a few :)

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=search2

Alas, most of mine were hosted on Solaris VII in the day and have lost the images ... maybe an excuse to repost?  >:D
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #103 on: 27 May 2020, 20:15:15 »
Alas, most of mine were hosted on Solaris VII in the day and have lost the images ... maybe an excuse to repost?  >:D

Since when do you need an excuse?  ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #104 on: 27 May 2020, 20:48:55 »
Better yet; when will the community do something like this again?? I'd love to do this kind of thing! We did this kind of thing in 40k years ago, our store hosted an event where we built and painted 500 points and then battled each other.  Then added another 500 pts. And continued to 2000 pts and had a huge multi player battle. It was good times.  :D
Maybe something like that here???  ^-^

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #105 on: 21 July 2020, 16:03:05 »
I never finished this up.  I have all the miniatures primed and based and... I ran out of steam :(

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #106 on: 21 July 2020, 17:59:09 »
Consider yourself re-steamed!  :thumbsup: