Author Topic: (Answered) Scale - and by that I mean, "time"  (Read 1508 times)

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
(Answered) Scale - and by that I mean, "time"
« on: 12 February 2013, 17:31:00 »
TW p.36 says that ground map turns are 10 seconds long, and TW p.76 states that space map rounds are 60 seconds long (6 ground turns / 1 space turn).

I want to be certain that I understand the sequence of play as listed in SO on p. 62, where ground units are listed between two space units, does that refer to ground units operating in space or on ground maps? 

Also ... say I'm playing in a HUGE game where a space battle (with ground units are also operating in space) and a ground battle (with ASF units on ground maps) are taking place at the same time, what is the recommended method for adhering to the proper sequence of play?

thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 18 February 2013, 03:47:56 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Scale - and by that I mean, "time"
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2013, 03:47:48 »
1st part: That refers to ground units operating in space.  In those situations, the ground units also operate in the 60-second turn scale.

2nd part: When playing such games, you play one space map turn and ground map turn simultaneously.  This is followed by five ground map turns.  Only then do you play the next space and ground turn, and so forth.  Units on the space map (including ground units) only move, shoot, or perform any other actions during the space turn.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
Re: (Answered) Scale - and by that I mean, "time"
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2013, 11:58:14 »
Thank you, Xotl!  That's EXACTLY what I thought (both parts), I just wanted to make sure I was right.