Author Topic: Tempest Rising: Wolf's Dragoons (Pic Heavy!!!)  (Read 45079 times)

Stacy Church

Re: Tempest Rising: Wolf's Dragoons (Pic Heavy!!!)
« Reply #90 on: 21 November 2011, 23:44:25 »
Reading this report takes me right back to sweltering Krakatoa.... I will be reminiscing about this battle for quite a long time.

"Power down and surrender to the Will of Blake".... In your dreams, big boy.

-S.Church

txMaddog

• Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: 22 November 2011, 03:36:37 »
Awesome report!  Loved the addition of the environmental hazards, made thing real tense toward the end.
Fan Fund the SC-V-1 "Vampyr" ScavengerMech!!  Why should the combat pilots have all the fun??

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #92 on: 24 November 2011, 03:34:07 »
Cracking end to a great campaign  O0
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

sherlox

• Sergeant
  • "You rebel scum...wait, wrong universe"
« Reply #93 on: 24 November 2011, 11:14:05 »
What a brutal slugfest.  No quarter asked or given... as it should have been.  Definitely gets better during the second read. 
Props to the widow commander for skillful maneuvering, and to the Robes for being a lethal menace the whole game even with Marita's King Crab half-neutered. 

How does the volcano mechanic work?  I'm totally unfamiliar... though it was an excellent reminder that the moniker 'Kings of the Battlefield' is such a relative term, and worth so very little whenever the topography decides to weigh in on a fight.

Guess the Widows are finally due for a spot of R&R... perhaps a short roadtrip to somewhere of more mellow climate?

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
« Reply #94 on: 24 November 2011, 15:15:29 »
Great Campaign! I am just working on getting my Girlfriend to play a few more of quickstrike and join our campaign!
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 16 July 2012, 00:32:24 »
Stacy Church and the infamous Black Widow Company have returned!

After recovering from the terrible conflict with Berith and his twice-damned Opacus Venatori, the Black Widows were once again paired with Chandresekhar Kurita's mercenary coalition.  This time, the Widows would be working along side Jeremiah Youngblood's Cresent Hawks and Phelan Kell's Wolves, with both the Wolves and McFadden's Sky Raiders providing aerospace support.

Here are some of the highlights!

Stacy Church and her Widows are charged with finding an entrance into the Ruins of Gabriel.  Kristofur Blaine (piloting the MAD-4S) has taken it upon himself to serve as her personal bodyguard.  (Rumors now swirl that there's something else between the two mechwarriors).  The asteroid is like no place Stacy has ever been.  Gravity is at .25 G's, vacuum threatens to breach any location and it's a moonless night.  The temperature is close to 165 degrees Kelvin.  Welcome to hell.

Berith makes an appearance.  He calls out to Stacy, challenging her.  Stacy, as ever, is eager to meet the challenge.  Both 'Mechs start trading fire at extreme range, but the modifiers for range, nighttime and gravity make even these two elite warriors likely to miss. The Blakist Thunderbolt starts trading with Blaine's Marauder II, but the gravity modifiers make any such shots impossible.

As both sides carefully advance in the low gravity, all shots are missing wide of the mark until Kristofur Blaine scores an improbable head shot with his Heavy Gauss Rifle!  Two 12s rolled back to back.  The T-Bolt goes down without scoring any damage.

Outmanned, Berith makes a slow retreat along a crater's rim.  He trades shots at extreme range, but can't seem to connect.

Stacy Church and Kristofur Blaine pick apart the enemy turret grid. 

A Level I of Purifiers pop out of the crater and launch an attack on Kristofur Blaine.  Blaine's hulking Marauder II torso twists towards the new threat.  A Heavy Gauss Slug smashes one Purifier deep into the ground, creating a new, deeper crater of it's own.  Stacy tags several Purifierswith her LBX-10 cluster shots.  One of her medium lasers vaporizes an already damaged trooper.  None of the Purifier support PPC attacks are able to force an armor breach on the Dragoon 'mechs. 

Berith and the remaining Purifiers retreat into an open bay door.  Stacy Church is reluctant to follow so quickly.

Berith and the troopers exit the scene on an elevator, descending somewhere into the depths of the asteroid.

Stacy Church and the rest of her widows secure the area, awaiting Marcel Webb and his team of Star Seeds to penetrate the facility.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #96 on: 16 July 2012, 03:52:01 »
Nice use of the Solaris map.

Glad to see The Spiders back in action.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #97 on: 19 July 2012, 06:02:11 »
Glad to see you are up and running again matey

Look forward to the Batreps
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 19 July 2012, 22:43:35 »
Thanks, gentlemen.  I've wanted to get back to the Black Widows for quite some time.  My small player group just started a Time of War RPG campaign which will feature several Wolfnet operatives as their stories weaves along with the Black Widows.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 13 July 2014, 21:16:35 »
Well, after about a year, my wife and I continued our campaign with another adventure with Stacy Church.  This time, Stacy and Jacob escaped a trap by Berith.  She just had to break past Achillius St. John and Rufus Black Bear. 

Playing Battletech in the backyard, a great summer afternoon!

Jacob scores some hits at range.  He doesn't do much damage, but he scores lots of hits that add up.

Achillius and Black Bear close to short range to maximize their firepower against the skilled Widows.  Stacy shreds Achillius' armor and forces him to withdraw.

Achillius is withdrawing, while Black Bear suffers from a heavy pounding.  Stacy's LB10/X  shears off the cockpit armor protecting Black Bear.  One more missile hit and he's dead.

The Black Widows are able to bring down Black Bear with massive crits to his right and center torso.  The Grigori falls when its engine is destroyed.

A typical match against the Black Widows....

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #100 on: 13 July 2014, 21:19:41 »
Berith barely got out there by skin of his metal hide!  Nice posting, wish i could play battletech on picnic table!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #101 on: 16 July 2014, 14:20:28 »
Glad to see this going again. I enjoy the AARs. I would love to game outside on a patio, but it stays too windy here.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: 18 July 2014, 20:27:13 »
We live in Denver so we are pretty lucky to have such a nice climate to play outside in.

Register