Author Topic: Vehicle inspection and maintenance log  (Read 5398 times)

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Vehicle inspection and maintenance log
« on: 08 March 2018, 17:04:51 »
I've had my own, but I'm need'n a more betterly useable one... or just ideas on improving what I have.
While the scope of this crosses multiple aspects of the game (including AToW), I'm aiming to capture what's needed for tracking of vehicle repairs, modifications, and component quality.

Additionally - does anyone have a record-sheet suggestion/modification to help speed up salvage & repair?
As an alternate to the field-info below, I've thought about a static form which would have all fields pre-filled, like LA/LL/LT/CT ... etc, then to just fill in the info for the respective unit.. but that would require a different record sheet per vehicle type.

Vehicle inspection and maintenance log contents:
Work-sheet heading information:
Unit/Vehicle name
Designation
S/N
Class
Tonnage
Date of Manufacture
Unit over-all quality
Value
Salvaged?
Condition

Signatures:
Assigned Technician
Back-up Technician
XO/CO

Worklog:
Equipment name
Required Action
Result
Time
Quality
Date & time
Notes
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

kato

• Captain
Re: Vehicle inspection and maintenance log
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2018, 11:20:08 »
I'm aiming to capture what's needed for tracking of vehicle repairs, modifications, and component quality.
Do you want to track "formally" or simply a rundown of maintenance done, mostly as a play aid?

In the latter case i'd suggest a simple table with columns:
  • Start
  • Finished
  • Work Performed
  • Notes
  • Component Quality Assessment
  • Attending tech shorthand name/signature
Any details go into either Work Performed or Notes, e.g.
(timestamp) - (timestamp) - Mike - LL Medium Laser replacement - rush job - C - (signature)
Pretty much run that down a whole page.

For the quick overview just add boxes to a standard record sheet next to each component where you can enter component quality. If you want to do it fancy and electronically fill these component quality boxes automatically from the CQA column of the work log. Otherwise just put it on the backside of the sheet with the above work log. One side for the overview, the other for details.

Register