Author Topic: Aerospace fighter in Mechwarrior 2 ?  (Read 1582 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
Aerospace fighter in Mechwarrior 2 ?
« on: 07 November 2022, 03:36:53 »
It has been literally bugging me for like 20 or more years lol, the Aerospace Fighters, featured in Mechwarrior 2 (Refusal War), what type are they, are they cannon, or just a mis mach to make a cool looking fighter, as I have looked alot, but cannot find the "exact" image that is portrayed in the game

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Re: Aerospace fighter in Mechwarrior 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2022, 04:14:01 »
the 3 tail finned one's the Avar Omnifighter (which oddly enough proxies the Corsair in Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries prior to the Clan Invasion same applies with the Broadsword being a proxy for the Leopard in Ghost Bear's Legacy and Mercenaries).  (off-topic from the ASFs) The Gunships in the Umber Wall mission... I'm pretty sure they're not canon.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2022, 04:51:07 »
the 3 tail finned one's the Avar Omnifighter (which oddly enough proxies the Corsair in Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries prior to the Clan Invasion same applies with the Broadsword being a proxy for the Leopard in Ghost Bear's Legacy and Mercenaries).  (off-topic from the ASFs) The Gunships in the Umber Wall mission... I'm pretty sure they're not canon.

Thanks for that.  8)
« Last Edit: 08 November 2022, 04:54:51 by JAMES_PRYDE »

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2022, 11:46:05 »
Thanks for that. Now lets see if I can get one printed  8)
Careful, the mods might warn you about 3d printed minis that are MW video game derivatives if you post them here in this forum

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2022, 04:55:15 »
Apologies

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2022, 10:02:46 »
Apologies

Technically the Aerospace Fighters (and Vehicles) were mechs. They were visualized as tanks but they used the mech hit locations (and obviously weird hit bubbles; REF: "bubbleboy") because they didn't have the time (or room on the CD) to craft separate hit locations exclusive to Tanks or Aero)

epic challenge: Try to head shot a tank or Aero (using the Titanium version) with "bubbleboy" cheat on...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Register