Author Topic: 2011-02-11 Scapegoats [Scenario]  (Read 2614 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2011-02-11 Scapegoats [Scenario]
« on: 11 February 2011, 01:28:05 »
Was the Battle Hawk really that bad?

When combat turns against a weak commander, he or she might turn that blame against someone or something else to save his or her own skin... as happened on Hot Springs.

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
Re: 2011-02-11 Scapegoats [Scenario]
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2011, 18:11:14 »
It's not a bad scenario, but putting in 6 Battlehawks is bit much, minis wise.  Two or three would have been better.

One man's opinion.
To the utmost!

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2011, 16:18:31 »
First I've heard of it...

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2011, 17:39:25 »
I liked this scenario, i thought the opening blurb was well written and the scenario itself quite interesting. i'll definitely have to play this one out.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2011, 05:28:01 »
I had to laugh when I read the scenario, because I had actuall come across the Battle Hawk's TRO entry the day before (researching something completely different) and had earmarked it as "interesting", and a possible story seed.  ;D
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2011, 18:50:18 »
This one was tougher than it looked to put together.  I had to balance it so that the IS forces would clearly lose, but the Battle Hawks would perform well.  So that meant a lot of missile-heavy Clan 'Mechs, and a tricky balancing act with BV by fine-tuning the piloting and gunnery skills. 

It's not a bad scenario, but putting in 6 Battlehawks is bit much, minis wise.  Two or three would have been better.

I actually toned it down.  The fluff text I based it on called for eight, but I thought that was too much.  Besides, this is Battletech, not 40K.  Proxy them!

I liked this scenario, i thought the opening blurb was well written and the scenario itself quite interesting. i'll definitely have to play this one out.

I haven't seen the finished product, so I don't know if anything was changed in editing, but I'm glad you liked it.  I've got an idea for another scenario, a less traditional one.  I'll need to get to work on it.