Author Topic: MWO Black Hawk-KU  (Read 1282 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: MWO Black Hawk-KU
« Reply #30 on: 27 April 2024, 02:34:15 »
The uber quirks on the ballistic arms of the Black Hawk-KU allow for some rather insane DPS using ultra autocannons. This thing can probably kill you pretty fast before its XL becomes an issue. lol
I think that the old Clan Black Hawk has still its uses, even without those ridiculous quirks:

Knowing where exactly you should apply the force is sometimes as good as running some overquirked 'Mech. I got the same number of kills as somebody who bought the 'Mech of the Month, even without spamming damage left and right.

And I survived until the end.  :smiley:

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #31 on: 29 April 2024, 19:50:21 »
So I gave the BHKU some play yesterday – received it as a gift from one of my partners – and I think I love this thing. I was running it most of the day in a wolfpack with a bunch of friends who happen to be light mains. We didn't win every game, but we generally did pretty well, I think. lol

My (S) variants are still in stock configuration, because that's just how I like to play things, but my normal variants are built as x2 UAC/5 (BHKU-O) and SXPL boat (BHKU-OX). Haven't tried the UACs in a live game yet, but testing grounds is promising. SXPL was hilarious fun in a flank my wolfpack did on Solaris City.

I hope more pods come out for this thing, because I want to see more. lol
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 30 April 2024, 01:20:42 »
I hope more pods come out for this thing, because I want to see more. lol
PGI can re-use many existing Clan Black Hawk components and that means much easier work. I am sure that new OmniPods will appear sooner or later.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #33 on: 30 April 2024, 12:49:39 »
My UAC/5 build is a glass cannon, and boy did I really feel it. Got fast kills, but I think I died in every single game I brought it to, even the ones I won. lol

If there's a better way to do UAC/5s on this, I'd love to see it. For now, that's the release event done. Time to go back to the Special versions I liked best, and my other ’Mechs. :D
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 30 April 2024, 14:18:33 »
My UAC/5 build is a glass cannon, and boy did I really feel it. Got fast kills, but I think I died in every single game I brought it to, even the ones I won. lol

If there's a better way to do UAC/5s on this, I'd love to see it. For now, that's the release event done. Time to go back to the Special versions I liked best, and my other ’Mechs. :D
17 tons of pod space limit possible loadouts. The only way to get around it is with some ridiculous quirks that ensure that you would have to carry only some minimal supply of ammo.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: 03 May 2024, 17:26:52 »
Even dropping back to ordinary AC/5s which make use of the quirks is still a great option.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 03 May 2024, 23:43:31 »
Even dropping back to ordinary AC/5s which make use of the quirks is still a great option.
Untill they change those quirks ...  :smiley:

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #37 on: 04 May 2024, 02:09:00 »
Untill they change those quirks ...  :smiley:

Even playing maybe each only once a day at most I'll have plenty of time to grind them to 91/91 before they defang them :)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 04 May 2024, 05:06:09 »
Even playing maybe each only once a day at most I'll have plenty of time to grind them to 91/91 before they defang them :)
As usual, I would start worrying with the approaching date of the MCs / C-Bills availability.  :grin:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #39 on: 04 May 2024, 06:47:13 »
The design quirks are being changed?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 04 May 2024, 07:08:19 »
The design quirks are being changed?
I have not heard about it.