Author Topic: VidBatrep: Conclusion of the Group W vs. Comstar  (Read 1890 times)

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
VidBatrep: Conclusion of the Group W vs. Comstar
« on: 30 November 2012, 18:12:03 »

Final Round, Clean Sweep
Enjoy!

True story; before the game we evaluated the merits of the AC/20 and universally remarked that it NEVER hits.  Good times.

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
  • pre-3050: ARC-2R / post-3050: ARC-5W
Re: VidBatrep: Conclusion of the Group W vs. Comstar
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2012, 22:41:25 »
Great report! I'm a big fan of your reports. Too bad time was called on this. It's the biggest problem with BattleTech, really - the time it takes to play. I love the hidden enemy set-up and scenario.
LCAF German Expeditionary Militia Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust: 1 Overlord class DropShip, 1 Fortress class DropShip, 2 AeroSpace Fighters, 4 BattleMech Companies, 1 Vehicle Company, 1 Infantry Battalion
Motto: STAND (behind a hill) AND DELIVER (indirectly via spotter)!

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2012, 11:12:27 »
Great report! I'm a big fan of your reports. Too bad time was called on this. It's the biggest problem with BattleTech, really - the time it takes to play. I love the hidden enemy set-up and scenario.

Thanks! O0

In retrospect the scenario only works as we setup because I have a good play group.  If they were to game the setup, they could of "blobbed" across the map.  Further more, I think I err'd in setup.  But the hidden deployment added a LOT to the strategy.

In regards to play time I noticed we spend most of our time waiting for something to be resolved across the map.  Though we made "good" time on this, I may consider 1v1 next time.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2012, 06:57:12 »
I find that an equal number of players on both sides can make the game go quicker. So long as one poor sap dosn't get the brunt of fire in a turn.

Pointblank shots are really really painful and scary
Especially with assault tanks being used.  Beagle are your friend for these scenarios.

Love the mutual destruction at the appearance of the Von lucker.

As always love the tables you play on. Some great terrain there.