Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Platinum is a Full Metal Panic Edition  (Read 161610 times)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
Re: The Anime M@sterthread - Platinum is a Full Metal Panic Edition
« Reply #720 on: 13 December 2018, 21:07:46 »
I came across this image and it looks to me like fan art. My question is if it is just something someone did because they liked the concept, or if it is based on an anime or manga, because if it is I'd really like to check that out.

The girl in the image I at first thought might be a Uhlan, but the helmet, jacket and cartridge belt are for an Imperial German infantryman, although the lance, saber and horse are correct. As I looked at the image more closely I noticed the belt buckle was not standard: it has the badge of the Prince of Wales on it. Interestingly enough that badge bears a motto which is in German: "Ich Dien" or "I Serve", which is a motto any samurai would agree with.

So you see why I am interested to find out, even by the slimmest chance, if this is related to any anime or manga.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 21:10:18 by Top Sergeant »
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #721 on: 13 December 2018, 21:29:08 »
I thought it might be a Girls Frontline character, but alas, I couldn't find anyone who matches the design. I suspect it's wholly fanart.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #722 on: 13 December 2018, 22:05:37 »
Not anything from Chronicles of Valkyria?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #723 on: 13 December 2018, 22:12:47 »
I don't know, but that NEEDS to be an anime!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #724 on: 14 December 2018, 10:22:09 »
From an image search, it looks to be Battlefield inspired fanart.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #725 on: 14 December 2018, 11:12:38 »
Chihayafuru Season 3, two-cour, has been confirmed to be aired beginning April 2019, almost six years after Season 2 finished airing. Madhouse, like the previous two seasons.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #726 on: 14 December 2018, 13:24:40 »
LOL! ;D

In the latest season of Voltron: Legendary Defender, Team Voltron gets the Somerset Strikers treatment!
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #727 on: 14 December 2018, 18:55:52 »
I've been sitting on the Manga for She and Her Cat for while now. For anyone who's seen the anime shorts or read the book, is it a sad ending?  Cause if the cat's gonna die, I think I'm going to drop the book off at half price books.

LOL! ;D

In the latest season of Voltron: Legendary Defender, Team Voltron gets the Somerset Strikers treatment!

We're shown the whole story was nothing but a TV show based on real events?  Or do they win a planet and not its people?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #728 on: 14 December 2018, 20:03:34 »
The first episode has Pidge watching the original cartoon, which is an in-universe show about their adventures (and complaining about how that Pidge sounds).

Don't know about the second option, but it's possible.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #729 on: 14 December 2018, 22:06:49 »
Speaking of live Anime movies....Nick Larson aka City Hunter (Nick Larson name of it when it was aired in France.  Jackie Chan made his own version.)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #730 on: 14 December 2018, 22:31:38 »
Speaking of live Anime movies....Nick Larson aka City Hunter (Nick Larson name of it when it was aired in France.  Jackie Chan made his own version.)

Not Jackie Chan's City Hunter, but still probably better than anything Netflix would do!  ;D

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #731 on: 15 December 2018, 08:50:22 »
Okay. I watched the Voltron's series finale. Season 8 came out yesterday. That....was a frakkin sucker punch to guts.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #732 on: 15 December 2018, 11:54:22 »
I'm only on season 5.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #733 on: 16 December 2018, 03:02:42 »
I'm only on season 5.
Me. too. I should be able to binge it all out over the Holiday season
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #734 on: 16 December 2018, 07:09:31 »
I didn't hear him say "mokkori"
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #735 on: 16 December 2018, 11:47:36 »
Question: what's the availability of SEED and SEED Destiny either sub or dub? My Google fu turns up a 2017 announcement of a new HD dub and that's all I know. I'm inclined towards Blu-ray to just have the silly thing, but no objection to subscriptions.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #736 on: 16 December 2018, 12:12:42 »
Question: what's the availability of SEED and SEED Destiny either sub or dub? My Google fu turns up a 2017 announcement of a new HD dub and that's all I know. I'm inclined towards Blu-ray to just have the silly thing, but no objection to subscriptions.

It's available on Crunchyroll.

Sadly, I don't believe SEED has been re-released on disk in English since Bandai shut down their Western branch. The bad reputation of Destiny & the wide availability of DVD singles at various retailers are likely behind the decision to delay it in favor of releasing other Gundam properties, but I'm sure Nozomi Entertainment will put it out eventually.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #737 on: 16 December 2018, 12:46:15 »

As of this post, the Remaster Sub of SEED (Playlist Link) and SEED Destiny (Playlist Link) are up for view on Gundam.Info's YouTube Channel. Granted there are some baked in Gunpla ads in the vids, but that's a small price.

I imagine once the new dub (Boo, Hiss...) for SEED/SEED Destiny is done, we'll get word of a physical release.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #738 on: 17 December 2018, 09:05:53 »
Yeah, they announced the new sub, but thats as far as its gotten.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #739 on: 17 December 2018, 11:30:34 »
Okay. I watched the Voltron's series finale. Season 8 came out yesterday. That....was a frakkin sucker punch to guts.

I was unsatisfied with that ending.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #740 on: 17 December 2018, 13:37:36 »
I was unsatisfied with that ending.
you got it on the nose. I never said how it was, only that it was a freaking punch to the guts.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #741 on: 17 December 2018, 16:21:24 »
Well, that alone was enough to let me know I wasn't going to like it.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #742 on: 18 December 2018, 17:19:13 »
It's available on Crunchyroll.

Really? I'm going to have to do some digging. I wanted to watch SEED again.  I have SEED/Destiny on DvD.  Oddly enough, I actually liked the opening and closing songs for that show. 

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #743 on: 18 December 2018, 17:22:33 »
I had started to watch the SEED remaster a couple of times. The 1st OP isn't altered too much. I can't say about the others though.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #744 on: 19 December 2018, 23:29:17 »
I will admit that the ending for the full SEED Destiny felt rushed and incoherent.  I watched the OVA treatment for the third act and was much more satisfied with that result. So, my recommendation for SEED Destiny is to skip the last two episodes for the last movie. It works a lot better.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #745 on: 19 December 2018, 23:50:14 »
SEED Destiny, to me at least, is a bit of a train wreak after the Junius Seven drop. What starts out as a inverse of SEED's opening arc, is just more of a replay the last 15 eps of SEED spread over at least double that length.

Now don't get me wrong, SEED Destiny has some cool stuff and poses some interesting questions. The problem is we also get Athrun going through another crisis of self-doubt and the pilot who the overall plot starts around just gets shuffled to Kira's main opponent. There's a few other things I'd like to mention, but that starts getting into Rule 4 territory...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #746 on: 20 December 2018, 10:48:47 »
Not Jackie Chan's City Hunter, but still probably better than anything Netflix would do!  ;D
How about a completely NEW City Hunter anime series?!?!?!?
ANN Reported, it includes a trailer.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #747 on: 20 December 2018, 13:10:29 »
How about a completely NEW City Hunter anime series?!?!?!?
ANN Reported, it includes a trailer.

It's a movie, actually, but it's all good!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #748 on: 20 December 2018, 16:37:23 »
There scifi based Anime coming next year, but not immediately though. Ex-ARM.  Its like a crime /cyborg/cyberpunk premise.  ANN posted the story. Its based on a Manga.

In way, it reminds me of Appleseed in vague way.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #749 on: 21 December 2018, 00:45:32 »
Getting kinda depressed. Doesn't look like I'll be able to complete my collection of Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans on Bluray. Season two came out in Australia two months ago... usually stuff hits NZ the next month from Madman... nothing at all about it on NZ site...