Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 136641 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #90 on: 02 October 2018, 11:22:37 »
The gotha is a nice looking mini and a very solid design!

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #91 on: 03 October 2018, 06:13:24 »
Don't forget the standard Clantech fighters from TRO3067.  I've always seen the Tyre as a common Spirit asset: simple, rugged, cheapish.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #92 on: 03 October 2018, 08:14:11 »
Completely forgot about the Tyre. Probably the most common aerospace asset after refitted Star League era fighters in the Blood Spirits Naval Reserve.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: 05 October 2018, 12:59:44 »
Because the spirits deployed aero forces “ as needed” from the naval reserve I wonder if Prideful ground pounders often did not call for sufficient air cover? Or was that call made higher up at the star colonel or galaxy level?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: 06 October 2018, 17:45:46 »
So if the blood spirits had made less self destructive choices and eventually were in a position to expand their warship fleet. What warship extinct or current would be a great blood kite in spaaaaaace?

Meaning a heavy hitter with loads of armor and no weak points which was a simple to maintain but brutally effective weapons load?

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 07 October 2018, 10:16:57 »
More Aegis-class cruisers.  You can't sniff at that armor protection.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: 07 October 2018, 11:28:22 »
More Aegis-class cruisers.  You can't sniff at that armor protection.

That would be high on my list and the fact that it is so common speaks for its quality!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #97 on: 20 October 2018, 15:25:32 »
There ties with the Ravens weren't that bad so I could see the Spirits getting them to build a Nightlord for there Fleet. Expensive to maintain yes, but parked over there Capitol and they would have few unwanted visitors.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 21 October 2018, 09:23:45 »
There ties with the Ravens weren't that bad so I could see the Spirits getting them to build a Nightlord for there Fleet. Expensive to maintain yes, but parked over there Capitol and they would have few unwanted visitors.

I wish! But in canon the spirits were so strapped for resources the traded away warships to the ravens when things got really tight. The nightlord is a great ship ( I think) but with such a gap between the size of their fleets and the adders wouldn’t making a bunch of congresses or aegis make more sense?

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #99 on: 21 October 2018, 09:48:15 »
I might have thought that the Spirits would have introduced the Clan idea of Pocket warships due their sparse resources.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #100 on: 22 October 2018, 13:43:25 »
They never had the resources to innovate like that, though. 

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: 23 October 2018, 15:30:00 »
To boost your fleet numbers we also have the example of what the ravens did the scorpions during the wars of reaving. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sagitta

Now do we think that this was a sign of the crazy times and or something that a small but elite clan like the mandrills or spirits could have tried?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #102 on: 24 October 2018, 05:03:24 »
Slight topic deviation, but in MWO I'm running a Marauder IIC with four LRM-15s and two ER Large Lasers. Does that qualify as "Blood Spirit" enough?
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #103 on: 24 October 2018, 05:11:38 »
Swap one lrm15 for anothe ER large and you're 100% B.S.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #104 on: 24 October 2018, 16:33:11 »
Swap one lrm15 for anothe ER large and you're 100% B.S.

Sadly, I can't mount any more Er Larges
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: 24 October 2018, 18:02:47 »
Sadly, I can't mount any more Er Larges

Good.  If you made that swap, you're basically two thirds of the way to a Blood Kite so just run the Blood Kite.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #106 on: 24 October 2018, 20:22:17 »
What do you think of maybe a Block II League warship in the clans?

Medium Naval Gauss and all...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #107 on: 28 October 2018, 06:20:22 »
So here I am looking at the PDF for Dig Defend or Die and its about the Green Ghosts. We have discussed them before and in this PDF it gives a few more details I didn't know. More pilot names and such. No blatant Blood Spirit references other than noting a sub-group operating in the 3080's made up of Clanners that leave no survivors. The Green Ghosts Force Table even includes a few common Royals, common Clan Second Line Mechs, and a few Omnimechs like the Dire Wolf. We do know the sub-group mentioned earlier uses two symbols-a Scorpion and a round disc with a Blood Drop in the middle. Anyone feel this second sub-group is made up of Blood Spirits that may have joined the Green Ghost's after the WoR or possibly a group that may have taken refuge in the Escorpio Imperio and is now working with Goliath Scorpion Seekers? 

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #108 on: 01 November 2018, 19:27:50 »
As the second heaviest user of vechiles after the horses I am asking for suggestions from other spirit enthusiasts what units you use in an offensive role? Specifically I am looking to add to my alpha galaxy force which is noted for using small probing attacks. Shamash is a no brainer but what other clan or sldf units do folks like for offensive roles?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #109 on: 01 November 2018, 23:28:47 »
Lightnings and Zephyrs can be fun.

Demons can provide a solid block for you to play with (GRs and SRMs!)

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: 02 November 2018, 12:36:48 »
Awwww, I can't talk about the Shamash? Because I love those little bastards.

Honestly though there are not a lot of Clan tanks that are really suited for general combat; they tend to be ridiculously under armored.  Maybe the Ares?  Just keep your distance.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #111 on: 02 November 2018, 16:02:33 »
Indra points... add some PBI love to it!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #112 on: 02 November 2018, 20:35:13 »
Awwww, I can't talk about the Shamash? Because I love those little bastards.

Honestly though there are not a lot of Clan tanks that are really suited for general combat; they tend to be ridiculously under armored.  Maybe the Ares?  Just keep your distance.

Right? I should have clarified I am looking for units that have some staying power

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #113 on: 03 November 2018, 02:11:27 »
I should have clarified I am looking for units that have some staying power

Morrigu and variants.  Homegrown, 13 tons of armor, ECM, and long-ranged/indirect firepower.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Morrigu

Basically a Blood Kite with treads.

If the Shamash's lasers weren't so useful on their own, they'd make great spotters for indirect Morrigu LRM fire.

I'd look to the old Bandit-C and/or Badger-C in various configurations for IFV/APC work.  Maybe the Maxim-C and/or Svantovit.

The Clans really need a good main battle tank from the Golden Century.  But absent that, I'd use the aforementioned Demon (Royal variant) and/or a smattering of Ares, Ishtars, Oros, and the like.

Maybe some Hueys for Arrow IV.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 03:02:03 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #114 on: 03 November 2018, 11:02:56 »
I figured the Morrigu went without saying....

Demons have 10 tons of armor on a 60 ton tank. Unfortunately you're going to run into armor issues no matter what I think. Even the Mars the Spirits have access to only pack in 12 or so tons of armor.

So here I am looking at the PDF for Dig Defend or Die and its about the Green Ghosts. We have discussed them before and in this PDF it gives a few more details I didn't know. More pilot names and such. No blatant Blood Spirit references other than noting a sub-group operating in the 3080's made up of Clanners that leave no survivors. The Green Ghosts Force Table even includes a few common Royals, common Clan Second Line Mechs, and a few Omnimechs like the Dire Wolf. We do know the sub-group mentioned earlier uses two symbols-a Scorpion and a round disc with a Blood Drop in the middle. Anyone feel this second sub-group is made up of Blood Spirits that may have joined the Green Ghost's after the WoR or possibly a group that may have taken refuge in the Escorpio Imperio and is now working with Goliath Scorpion Seekers? 

Interesting, I'll have to check it out, though I've heard its just another teaser product rather than filling in concrete info?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #115 on: 04 November 2018, 12:31:46 »
Everything is a teaser these days.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #116 on: 17 November 2018, 21:24:45 »
Glad to see everyone's still here. Hey guys! I've been absent since August, but I did find that someone has made a Frostgrave based set of rules for battlemechs! I'm going to talk my FLGS owner into trying them out.  ;)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #117 on: 19 November 2018, 09:31:21 »
Got a game in against a Hell's Horses player this past weekend.  I took a Blood Kite, Crimaon Langur Prime, and Hellion B against a Savage Coyote Prime, Hellbringer Prime, and Warhammer IIC.  The Warhammer killed the Langur - cored right through the torso, but not before I got some good shots in - and the Hellion tore the Hellbringer apart via ammo explosions.  The Hellion then put a hurt on the Warhammer before getting legged, simultaneously to the Kite finally ending the Coyote by coring out its torso.  The Warhammer, having been beaten up by heavy lasers, chose hegira over dueling my only lightly-damaged Blood Kite.

Vengeance for Smythe-Jewel!

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #118 on: 24 November 2018, 02:52:09 »
Got a game in against a Hell's Horses player this past weekend.  I took a Blood Kite, Crimaon Langur Prime, and Hellion B against a Savage Coyote Prime, Hellbringer Prime, and Warhammer IIC.  The Warhammer killed the Langur - cored right through the torso, but not before I got some good shots in - and the Hellion tore the Hellbringer apart via ammo explosions.  The Hellion then put a hurt on the Warhammer before getting legged, simultaneously to the Kite finally ending the Coyote by coring out its torso.  The Warhammer, having been beaten up by heavy lasers, chose hegira over dueling my only lightly-damaged Blood Kite.

Vengeance for Smythe-Jewel!

Very impressive, and against some pretty solid opposition to boot.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #119 on: 07 December 2018, 17:41:17 »
So I just got a Huitzilopochtli. Anyone think it would be a good addition to my Blood Spirits eventually or is it too dezgra?

Register