Author Topic: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)  (Read 164934 times)

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Re: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)
« Reply #330 on: 08 May 2019, 17:01:44 »
I mean, I have the available assaults to wipe out the opfor, but even with that much firepower, I don't have enough unless I just get stupid lucky with headshot and CT only rolls to do it fast enough to beat the mission in one go

Never mind beating the OpFor, I found it difficult to get a 4/6 mech to the most distant beacon zone without running out of time and that was almost entirely with running and no shooting.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #331 on: 08 May 2019, 17:03:36 »
Yes, +3 hit defense should be equal to about 1.5 evasion pips but permanent (and stacks with normal evasion). There's also melee specific versions but they say Melee in there.

So that's what "Hit defense" means! I hadn't found an explanation. I must have been having a really slow day...  ;D

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #332 on: 08 May 2019, 17:38:48 »
I just did the Flashpoint where you have to hit the convoy then you find out it was the wrong convoy and you have to hit the right convoy (or go after the jackhammers that gave you the bad intel.)  It was supposed to be for a lostech reward.  It was... A SMALL PULSE LASER!!!!  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

It was a 4 skull flashpoint and I figured I didn't have the tonnage to go head on so I dropped with 2 Griffins and 2 T-Bolts.  All 4 could jump so the first mission went fairly well and I was able to take out the convoy and the guards while coming out fairly unscathed.  Then the second drop I took the same 4 units.  This time, however, they dropped heavy reinforcements right on my flank.  I still got the convoy but they cored 2 of my units (1 Griffin (Cdr) and 1 T-Bolt)  I thought the other two would make it to the evac zone but I ended up ejecting from the other T-Bolt before it went boom.  Fortunately her sacrifice allowed my remaining Griffin to make it to the evac zone.

Something else I found out recently, fun fact, even if you make your mission objectives if you end up ejecting all your mechs it counts as a loss.  They really ought to have a warning about that when you go to eject your last mechwarrior. :P

So I got to rebuild 2 mechs and have 2 mechwarriors spend 80 days in sickbay for a SPL.  That's really annoying. 

Are the rewards hard coded or randomly generated?  I'd just as soon avoid the ones that have stupid rewards like that.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #333 on: 08 May 2019, 20:41:19 »
Are the rewards hard coded or randomly generated?  I'd just as soon avoid the ones that have stupid rewards like that.
They are all randomly generated, you just got unlucky.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #334 on: 08 May 2019, 20:46:10 »
I wonder if HBS will have some sort of reward balancing.  If at the other end of the spectrum is a gauss, they should maybe reward you with 15 of small pulses perhaps.

They are all randomly generated, you just got unlucky.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #335 on: 08 May 2019, 22:52:56 »
I wonder if HBS will have some sort of reward balancing.  If at the other end of the spectrum is a gauss, they should maybe reward you with 15 of small pulses perhaps.
Hell, at least six would suffice. I'd at least make some money off it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #336 on: 09 May 2019, 09:17:59 »
Yeah, Small Pulse was my first Flashpoints reward . . . it was the other stuff I got that was pretty solid.  I want to say a Royal Black Knight piece and some other +++ stuff.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #337 on: 10 May 2019, 10:48:00 »
Playing Battletech. My lance is squaring off against the enemy while staying in cover at the southern end of a valley floor. In comes an enemy Black Knight that charges our position, and does an alpha (fire all weapons) strike at us. It manages to blow off an arm of one of my Shadow Hawks but then overheats and shuts down in the middle of the battlefield. LOL- we take it down easily after it becomes a sitting duck. ;D

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #338 on: 10 May 2019, 16:43:29 »
I've never seen the cockpit that close before.

Ewwwww.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #339 on: 17 May 2019, 12:50:45 »
Does anyone have a guide for attaching jump jets with relation to movement? I placed two JJ on my Black Knight but I dont think its enough to give it a 4-6-4 movement. Do I need to put in one more or two more?  ???

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #340 on: 17 May 2019, 13:00:14 »
Does anyone have a guide for attaching jump jets with relation to movement? I placed two JJ on my Black Knight but I dont think its enough to give it a 4-6-4 movement. Do I need to put in one more or two more?  ???

I have assumed that each JJ gives one point of jump movement just like tabletop, and fitted 4 JJs to get 4-6-4 movement

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #341 on: 17 May 2019, 13:00:47 »
It will tell you how much it will jump . . . but when in doubt, assume its like the boardgame . . . so yeah, you need a total of 4.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #342 on: 21 May 2019, 10:17:37 »
Thanks. :)

On the campaign mode, when you finish the final mission does it automatically go to Career mode for your character or do you have to start it from the Main Menu? Ive got a fully equipped ship now and a company full of assault mechs, so it feels redundant if I keep playing using the character I had in campaign mode.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #343 on: 21 May 2019, 11:00:52 »
You can keep playing, and if you have the expac,  flash points will start showing up. You wont get any kind of score though. Its just free play.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #344 on: 21 May 2019, 11:19:20 »
Yeah, you basically port over to career mode but your ship is better than anything you can get built up to in career mode and of course you have the pair of Star League assaults you probably cannot get in career mode.  Not too sure about the last though since a Flashpoint did spit out a Royal Black Knight piece, never know if I will get another 2 to get the whole mech but can always try.

I think its interesting the new DLC will drop June 4th, 75 years since D-Day and we get urban warfare.
Colt Ward

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #345 on: 21 May 2019, 19:03:28 »
I think its interesting the new DLC will drop June 4th
The wait is killing me. I have an entire lance of Urbanmechs Hanger Queening in my storage right now waiting for that.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #346 on: 21 May 2019, 21:43:57 »
The only ones I have seen are parts . . . I look forward to spotting them in the wild!
Colt Ward

Rebel Yell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #347 on: 22 May 2019, 00:00:27 »

I think its interesting the new DLC will drop June 4th, 75 years since D-Day and we get urban warfare.

June 4th is almost June 6th.   ;)
3025-3039 The Glory days of BT. Everything after that can get off my lawn.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #348 on: 22 May 2019, 01:20:47 »
The only ones I have seen are parts . . . I look forward to spotting them in the wild!
I did see exactly one Urbanmech during a Flashpoint. If I recall, it was at a point during the Big Steel Claw Flashpoint.

It turns out that the Urbanmeme isn't capable of tanking two AC20s.

EDIT; Speaking of, I just realized the game's mech construction system doesn't let me make an assault mech with 3 AC20s without mods. I am upset.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2019, 01:31:43 by Caedis Animus »

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #349 on: 23 May 2019, 14:30:10 »
I did see exactly one Urbanmech during a Flashpoint. If I recall, it was at a point during the Big Steel Claw Flashpoint.

It turns out that the Urbanmeme isn't capable of tanking two AC20s.

EDIT; Speaking of, I just realized the game's mech construction system doesn't let me make an assault mech with 3 AC20s without mods. I am upset.
I think AC/20s are pretty overrated in this game. They miss a lot of the time even though my mechwarrior had a 10 in gunnery skill, plus the recoil makes it even harder. I'd love to swap out the twin AC20s on the King Crab for gauss rifles, if I could find some.

Also, I just started Career mode with Flashpoint. There seems to be a 1200 day timer on it. Does this mean the game ends the moment those days are up?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #350 on: 23 May 2019, 14:34:01 »
I think AC/20s are pretty overrated in this game. They miss a lot of the time even though my mechwarrior had a 10 in gunnery skill, plus the recoil makes it even harder. I'd love to swap out the twin AC20s on the King Crab for gauss rifles, if I could find some.

Also, I just started Career mode with Flashpoint. There seems to be a 1200 day timer on it. Does this mean the game ends the moment those days are up?

teeheeeheeee...I have a twin Gauss King Crab, and let me tell you...holding that puppy for last round precision shot to CT has downed many a mech...even more fun if I get the headshot off :D
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #351 on: 23 May 2019, 15:22:08 »
With the KGC you just have to alternate cannons I think, or do the old 2-2-1 shtick
Colt Ward

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #352 on: 23 May 2019, 16:39:30 »

At 1,200 days it calculates your final score for career mode but there's nothing to stop you from continuing to play after that point.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #353 on: 23 May 2019, 16:42:43 »
 Twin gauss crabs are super effective. 

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #354 on: 24 May 2019, 08:22:14 »
teeheeeheeee...I have a twin Gauss King Crab, and let me tell you...holding that puppy for last round precision shot to CT has downed many a mech...even more fun if I get the headshot off :D
Lucky you. My King Crab with its AC/20s waded in front of an enemy assault lance, scored solid hits on the first round, missed 4 rounds in a row after that, got its arms blown off, and promptly got cored in its CT.  :'(
« Last Edit: 24 May 2019, 09:03:27 by Triptych »

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #355 on: 24 May 2019, 09:17:10 »
Issue for fiedling a twin Gauss is the ammo...only 8 shots or so per ton, so not like I can buy a few extra tons of ammo to get my shot counts up.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #356 on: 24 May 2019, 09:18:11 »
Take the tonnage out of heat sinks... Gauss Rifles are much cooler than AC/20s...

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #357 on: 24 May 2019, 09:20:23 »
Not the issue...it's finding the actual ammo ;)

When you get a Gauss, you get 1 ton of ammo, find two Gauss, you get 2 tons.

Want to rock two Gauss with 4 tons of ammo...need to find 4 Gauss rifles.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #358 on: 24 May 2019, 09:25:38 »
Ah... gotcha… that's kind of a pain.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #359 on: 25 May 2019, 10:51:54 »
WTH. My light lance takes on an anti-insurgent contract with 1.5 skulls.

So we go up against two light lances and survive with heavy damage, but then the insurgent leader shows up... in an Orion?!

So of course we get slaughtered.... I thought this was a 1.5 skull difficulty?  ???

Register