Author Topic: My AU development/Feedback requested  (Read 1221 times)

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
My AU development/Feedback requested
« on: 19 April 2021, 23:40:57 »
So working on my own AU. Developing the timeline of events with the main focus of 3057 to 3067. The game will start in early 3067.

All the big changes are in bold below -

3057: Operation Guerrero / Chaos March / Lyran Alliance forms / Refusal War, Clan Wolf absorbs Jade Falcon

3058: Battle of Coventry (Steel Viper) / Katherine – Wolf Alliance / Operation Odysseus starts WoB & Comstar war / 1st Whitting Conference (Liao) / Capellan-Magistracy alliance

3059: Operation Bull Dog / Task Force Serpent launch 

3060: Great Refusal / Ghost Bear Dominion forms / Yvonne doesn’t step down / Clan Hells Horses begin move to Inner Sphere

3061: Capellan-St. Ives War begins / Clan Steel Viper ejected by Clan Wolf / Victor returns in March assumes control of FedSun / Kai assumes command in St.Ives Military / 2nd Whitting Conference (Kurita)
Magistracy joins SL / Arthur not killed / Omi and son killed

3062: Combine-Ghost Bear War begins / Comstar & WoB war ends, both organizations gutted, interstellar coms under SL control, Terra becomes SL protectorate, hire Wolf’s Dragoons and Northwind Highlanders to augment SL

3063: Capellan-St. Ives War ends with Candace, Kai and Sun-Tzu being killed by gas attack during the treaty signing – Tormano Liao becomes Chancellor / Combine-Ghost Bear War ends

3064: 3rd Whitting Conference (Mansdottir) / Taurian Concordant joins SL / Clan Snow Raven-Outworlds Alliance

3067: Truce of Tukayyid ends May 21st / 4th Whitting Conference scheduled

Some additional notes -

Clan Wolf is led by Vlad Ward and Marco Hall. Phelan returned to fight the Jade Falcons and was killed. No "exile" here.

ComStar and WoB are both basically finished as organizations at the moment. HPG's are now controlled by the 2nd Star League.

Katherine hired the assassin to kill Omi/Revenge against Victor.

Just looking for some thoughts and feedback.

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: My AU development/Feedback requested
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2021, 08:53:22 »
Interested division points. I think it will be interesting to see how the Lyrans and Federated Suns will interact with the new Capellan state. Also since most of the Clan pressure is off her and Phelan is dead what are Vlad and Katherine planning

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2021, 09:49:31 »
Who ordered the gas attack on the treaty signing in 3063? I assume that was Kali, considering she was the gas-happy one in canon?

How did Tormano become Chancellor? Why not Kali, or David Lear - you could make good arguments for either of them being higher in the line of succession.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2021, 11:35:54 »
Hey thanks for the feedback so far. Working backwards...

Tormano.... Essentially the eldest surviving Liao with a connection to the throne. The other children of Candace are all still rather young, same with Kai's kids as well. They may or may not be a factor later, havent decided.

Kali "technically" didn't order the gas attack. She also declined to take the throne...at this time.

Right now neither Katherine or Vlad are talking about their discussions... :-X

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2021, 11:52:15 »
Hey thanks for the feedback so far. Working backwards...

Tormano.... Essentially the eldest surviving Liao with a connection to the throne. The other children of Candace are all still rather young, same with Kai's kids as well. They may or may not be a factor later, havent decided.

Kali "technically" didn't order the gas attack. She also declined to take the throne...at this time.

Right now neither Katherine or Vlad are talking about their discussions... :-X

The impression I got of Tormano, going by the novels, was that he was more at home pulling strings from behind the scenes than actually sitting on the throne with a targeting reticle on his chest - especially not right after the previous set of people sitting on thrones got summarily gassed by his niece´s disciples.

I´d see him more as agreeing ("for the good of the realm" only, of course) to act as David Lear´s regent, or maybe co-regent with Deirdre. For extra kicks, Kali could also be a co-regent, at least on paper.

I could also see him as quietly arranging for Kali to suffer a fatal accident at the earliest opportunity, both to get her homicidal madness out of his hair and to avenge his sister and nephews.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2021, 22:49:03 »
Hmm I like that idea about him being regent. Think I will use that!  Thanks! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 21 April 2021, 01:38:05 by Iron Grenadier »

Register