Author Topic: Hex Terrain Add-ons  (Read 1628 times)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Hex Terrain Add-ons
« on: 29 November 2018, 13:03:41 »
In my never ending quest to make Game Time Quicker to set up, I have my BIG HEX battleboards:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=59538.0

But because I don't want every little terrain feature to be stagnant to the boards, I make all secondary scenery (trees, swamps, rough/rubble etc.) as add-on pieces I toss onto the board as needed.

Attached are some of the pieces, with the first being some 'crystal outcroppings'. These could be 'alternate' forest terrain (who says FOREST has to be trees, on an alien world one could have crystal growths grant similar effects (lessened movement, blocks LoS, grants to hit penalties, etc), or conversely, maybe try and integrate the HBS effect of crystal fields.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Hex Terrain Add-ons
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2018, 19:50:33 »
Attached are some of the pieces, with the first being some 'crystal outcroppings'. These could be 'alternate' forest terrain (who says FOREST has to be trees, on an alien world one could have crystal growths grant similar effects (lessened movement, blocks LoS, grants to hit penalties, etc), or conversely, maybe try and integrate the HBS effect of crystal fields.

Crystal would be a interesting way to make 'static' ECM fields which is the way I think to do it.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: Hex Terrain Add-ons
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2018, 20:32:52 »
Hmmm...that sounds like a good idea.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada