Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The "grim and gritty" is actually a bit of a retcon itself.

As was pointed out in Jimquisition's video on the show, the Fallout setting was originally a post apocalyptic setting where humanity was starting to claw its way back into civilization.  Fallout 3 and 4 were originally the weirdos that stuck out for having a setting where it looks like the bombs were dropped only a few months or years ago rather than about two centuries and everyone was still living in squalid, burned out ruins.
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by rebs on 01 May 2024, 23:59:54 »
Merchant
Challenges and Gatherings / Re: Any presence at Origins 2024?
« Last post by Billie34 on 01 May 2024, 23:58:02 »
I'm very happy to read this news
Off Topic / Re: My running days are over
« Last post by garhkal on 01 May 2024, 23:04:07 »
Cycling is also good, but depending on where he lives, he may not want to cycle outside.
Off Topic / Re: Anyone else remember Hypernauts?
« Last post by garhkal on 01 May 2024, 23:02:33 »
It's a kids show from the 90's, it was competing with Power Rangers. If you want to to a 90s show with higher expectations but didn't age well, look up Space Rangers.

During the 90s, i mostly watched things like Stargate, TNG/DS9/Voyager.  not kids shows..
That might explain why i don't know it.

So Devian thanks for the responses I found the reference and now understand how to make the turrets. However I have no Idea how to figure the cost I'm guessing that's in would be in the Techmanual book which I never got because  I used a builder program for simplicity.

If I could ask you a favor could you give me a price on the Double ac-10 turret so I can know if its even worth me getting the books necessary to finish it.
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Wrangler on 01 May 2024, 22:48:19 »
Creeper
Off Topic / Re: Fallout: Exploding onto your screen April 2024
« Last post by Liam's Ghost on 01 May 2024, 22:24:46 »
And now I'm out of episodes to watch.

(and here I thought I might not get through them with only a week worth of prime)

Thoughts:
*The only thing that could definitely be considered a retcon seems to be the location of Shady Sands. Which is annoying, but it could have been worse.
*Honestly, the idea of ghouls staving off the feral state with drugs is an interesting and reasonable development. The point where a ghoul goes feral was always highly variable, and we have past indications that it isn't an instant change, so with so many ghouls in the wasteland it's an obvious field of research. I have to wonder when this treatment regimen was developed and by who. NCR would be a reasonable choice, but since there were pre-war experiments with creating ghouls this too could have been a vault tec product.
(Or maybe a Ghoul who felt his mind slipping just started downing mentats and had a eureka)
*It's kinda sad, but the simplest way to get the classic fallout feel and still set it close to los angeles probably was to nuke the NCR. It's kinda hard to get the grim and gritty part down when you set it in the most populous and stable nation on the continent. I do have to wonder how much of NCR might still remain as a functioning state.
*Maximus is a moron.
*New Vegas isn't looking so hot. I would have preferred otherwise. But the presence of an NCR vertibird and Securitrons suggests that Caesar didn't win at hoover dam, and whatever befell the city (deathclaw swarm?) saw the NCR present for the fight. So probably an indication that the nuking of Shady Sands wasn't the only attack launched on the NCR and/or their partners. (ooh, maybe the haze means the "player" of that timeline's new vegas skipped dead money and Elijah's on the loose)

Did I enjoy it? Well I binged it in one sitting.
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by rebs on 01 May 2024, 22:07:47 »
NWO ~ Ministry
People have gotten emails again?  I have seen nothing.

We've been using the link from the previous email.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10