Author Topic: Usable Character Sheets / Post your home-brew sheets.  (Read 9787 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Usable Character Sheets / Post your home-brew sheets.
« on: 05 April 2012, 00:13:18 »
Hey gang, I know that many have made "Homemade" sheets. How can one get a copy and instructions on the use of said sheets??
« Last Edit: 18 April 2012, 14:14:01 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
Re: Usable Character Sheets
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2012, 14:11:40 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqKKeun5JvmDdEVjbnAySkdtam1RbHVGUjMtbjhNakE

Copy, edit the copy, screw around with. It'll be under improvement for some time. It won't help you build a character, but it'll help you do things with the result.
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2012, 20:17:15 »
Here is my sheet along with a few basic instructions on how to use it.  There are some comments in the file itself to help provide further guidance.

I know I should see about expanding the instructions a bit more.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2012, 12:30:38 »
Thanks guys, What I'm actually thinking about this thread is to make it so that anybody w/ a home brewed character sheet can post them here and get a mod to sticky it for ease of use.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2012, 15:57:21 »
Well then DK, you can have this one.  The original was made by another CBT poster and I modified it for my games.  I'm sorry, I don't remember who the original creator is, but I thank them for their effort.  This is the pdf version. 

Okay, even zipped the excel file is to large to attach.  If anybody wants it, please PM me.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2012, 15:59:24 by Taron Storm »

khanjohn

• Corporal
  • More things change the more they stay the same.
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2012, 19:24:35 »
Love the above PDF one but a small problem, on second page where the links are you can not see them at all. Any way to darken these so can read?

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2012, 20:32:21 »
OK, try this.

dieffenbachj

• Private
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2012, 17:19:49 »
Here's a custom sheet I made. Doesn't have any form fields or anything, it's just designed to be pen and paper only.

http://plotscaper.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/battletech-rpg-character-sheet.pdf

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2012, 19:54:36 »
@ dieffenbachj- I believe yours is the sheet I used as a starting point for the mods I made.  Thank you sir for posting your sheet before.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2012, 21:43:31 »
 @ dieffenbachj - Your sheet is the one I use when putting char's. on paper.

katya_Kerensky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2012, 05:18:37 »
Well then DK, you can have this one.  The original was made by another CBT poster and I modified it for my games.  I'm sorry, I don't remember who the original creator is, but I thank them for their effort.  This is the pdf version. 

Okay, even zipped the excel file is to large to attach.  If anybody wants it, please PM me.

Thank you for the sheet, Big help having all the skills listed
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."
City Fighting-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20092.0.html
Sword of Light-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18206.msg416054.html#msg416054
Lyran Guards-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18212.msg411418.html#msg411418
3rd Edition love-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18214.0.html

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2012, 12:15:01 »
OK, try this.
I like this one the best out of all the custom sheets I've seen.  Provides tons of room for skills. 
Thanks  O0
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 17 April 2012, 12:02:25 »
When I found dieffenbachj's character sheet, I knew I could mod it to suit my players.  They are a bunch of skill monkeys, they like to do a lot of things and input new skills.  Kudo's go to dieffenbachj for the orginal sheet that was posted, I just tweeked it for my game.

dieffenbachj

• Private
« Reply #13 on: 17 April 2012, 20:21:05 »
When I found dieffenbachj's character sheet, I knew I could mod it to suit my players.  They are a bunch of skill monkeys, they like to do a lot of things and input new skills.  Kudo's go to dieffenbachj for the orginal sheet that was posted, I just tweeked it for my game.

Glad you like the sheet :)

adamhowe

• Warrant Officer
  • Star Commander Adam Howe
Re: Usable Character Sheets / Post your home-brew sheets.
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2012, 08:13:04 »
Are there any spread sheet character sheets for OpenOffice?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2012, 09:59:29 »
Mine works with both Open Office and MS Office.

Thread is here.

adamhowe

• Warrant Officer
  • Star Commander Adam Howe
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2012, 07:30:48 »
Mine works with both Open Office and MS Office.

Thread is here.

Okay

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2012, 11:06:38 »
*El Bumpo*

Hey gang, Post your home-brewed sheets hear for ease of finding by/for other's.

Thx again for your support.  :)

TTKoshi

« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2012, 13:09:25 »
So I threw this together for my current campaign. Since we're playing with slightly modded rules (fewer modifiers, less of a  focus on fatigue), this sheet doesn't have the proper slots for them. I can probably mod this for a proper game if anyone is interested.

The file is set up as a folio, so it's meant to be printed double-sided on Tabloid (11x17 paper in the US, probably scale to A3 paper for those overseas). I find it easier for players to keep their stuff together if they have a "folio" to slip everything into. Thanks!

Note: I wanted to attach the file, but its a little over 500k, so I've attached a link to it from my personal site, so its safe (or I can PM you the file if interested). Thanks!

http://www.misfitplans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Tabloid-RPG-Folio.pdf

Rustman

« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2012, 05:42:12 »
This is the one I made.  I made it in LibreOffice and couldn't get a conversion for MS Excel to work right, so you need the LibreOffice Calc to use it.  The yellow fields are modifiable.  Its formatted for 2 pages (letter).

Kalten

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2012, 16:05:30 »
...I can probably mod this for a proper game if anyone is interested...

Hi All,
(1st post).
I'm just getting into AToW and was looking through this section of the forums...
Gotta say I really like this folio style and would personally love to see a 'standard' version of this if you are still up for doing one?

I've just started building my ideas for my first AToW campaign, so I've got time before I need to hand out to players, so no rush! :)
Anyone for a Monkey?

Kalten

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: 01 August 2012, 14:06:01 »
OK...so I'm about to start my new campaign and was looking for a good character sheet
(I would have used Monbvol's, but I wanted a pure 'pen and paper' solution)  ;D
(Yeah...I know...old skool, but I'm an old skool kinda guy for some things!)  8)

Anyway...I really liked the idea of a booklet style like the one that TTKoshi posted above, so I have blatently stolen his and redone it in Excel and converted to a PDF. (Hope that's ok?)

See what you think and let me know.
My only slight concern right now is that the text/boxes might be a bit too small and so I'd have to do another redesign, but we'll see....
I've not printed one off yet - I will do tomorrow and will see what it looks like in the paper.

For the Damage area I've split up the Hit Points to represent the modifiers that happen at each 25% (something I've not seen on any other sheet yet and it seems to work well for games like Cyberpunk, etc.

Oh, before I foget - it's designed to be printed doubled sided on an A3 sized paper.

I've also reduced the quality of the pdf so that it fits as an attachment on this site - if you want a copy of the higher quality version then please let me know.

I look forward to your comments guys! :)

(Note Attachment removed because of update below!)
« Last Edit: 06 August 2012, 11:46:20 by Kalten »
Anyone for a Monkey?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #22 on: 01 August 2012, 14:20:20 »
No worries.

I know my sheet still has unresolved issues, especially with the printing of said sheet.

Kalten

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: 02 August 2012, 18:35:56 »
OK...so it is only right that things go through revisions!
Well...so soon after the initial release I've updated the Character Sheet.
Change Log:
1. Skill TN and C added for the static skills.  Players will still be required to enter the TM/C for the variable skills such as Art or Computers, etc. depending on the characters skill level.
2. Extended the free skill boxes to 11 as my wife thought (quite rightly) that there would not be enough space for those tht like the more characterfull full on RP style players.
3. Removal of 2 of the vehicle boxes...is 4 really needed?
4. Added lines to the inventory to fill space left from taking out the vehicle boxes and using up space after adding in the extra skill boxes
5. Added a dedicated Experience Points box for those people who like to store XP to be used at a later date instead of simply applying it to one of the various XP areas for Attribute, Skills or Triats.  Again, the wife thought that our players might prefer to build up a stash then pend it during a RP downtime period - this also gives me the option to award generic CP or indeed...specific XP to reward the various cool uses of skills, traits, etc during play.
5.a. The XP box was made room for by changing the movement and contacts/enemy boxes.
6. Moved the money box above the move/contact/xp line...it just seemed to sit better above those 3.

As ever, please comment - I had 7 downloads in the first day for the v1...lets see if people post anything for v1.1

Oh, and I thought...Monbvol...you could use something like my spreadsheet as the printable part of your massive character sheet....if you want I can send you a copy of the original spreadsheet...?

Also...again I've got the pdf in lowest quality for attaching in this post...though I'm not sure it makes much difference to the print - I printed one out today and I'm really happy with the basic design, my fear of having too small boxes was unfounded...which was nice! :)
Anyone for a Monkey?

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2013, 19:16:38 »
*El Bumpo*

Hey gang, Post your home-brewed sheets hear for ease of finding by/for other's.

Thx again for your support.  :)
Again -> *El Bumpo*

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 08 September 2013, 15:04:10 »
Hey gang, I'm still playing around w/ making char's for S&G's fun. If you have char gen stuff: Feel free to link them here to this thread. The more the merrier.

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
« Reply #26 on: 09 September 2013, 01:28:43 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqKKeun5JvmDdFhWR3I3UVlOWERUd29LZWxVYWd2alE&usp=sharing

The Advanced Charsheet has come a long, long way since 2011.

It's not a 'chargen' but it makes things a damn sight easier.

There's some minor instructions for using Studio6, a few things I just had to cajole to get it to work. But it tracks and separates everything. I don't know if it's your primary problem, but mine has always been finding errors. This sheet eliminates it.

Also, the Combat sheet is a masterwork if I may say so myself *^^*

The rest is all WYSIWYG. Make copies, use online, and enjoy.
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
« Reply #27 on: 10 September 2013, 10:41:57 »
Some feedback

Taron Storm and dieffenbachj both make solid character sheets. Both are helpful for character creation and management. The inclusion of all the side notes and formulas is what make then stand out.

I think I can make a form version so they can be freely edited, but the bubbles for damage I have issues with.

monbvol makes a good character sheet best for character creation in my opinion. I have used it once and I am about to use it again a few times to throw it through some more testing for making some generic NPC characters.

Hopefully monbvol can correct any issues if he has time as it is a great sheet.

Kalten your character sheet has grown from two sheets to four sheets, but it is partly because you wanted to the book feel. However the book feel causes me to flip more though. Plus the picture is not needed and wasted ink/toner. The skills are on there twice so it looks like it needs more work to prefect it. I don't mind sending it through tryouts to get a feel of usage in games. It feels like the sheet is trying to do both creation and management. Perhaps a split book feel option?

Kobura has a different gem of a character sheet which is pure character management. I like it because it can tell a GM or player if a skill cannot be attempted, changes to ATTs or Skills effecting each other, the combat management is a headache saver as well.

I noticed there is character creation happening on the last sheet. I would like some instructions on how to use it very much beyond the basics.

Overall I like what everyone has produced so far so thank you.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #28 on: 10 September 2013, 10:56:58 »
I do what I can hive_angel.

As far as adding new features to my sheet I'm pretty much at an impasse with my skill set.  I could probably with what I learned in making it if doing a new version get support in there for doing point buy field rebates and choose one of the following but as I indicated I'd probably have to redo it from the ground up to make it work at this point and with the massive amount of data entry that entails it is something I do not look forward to.

Still if anyone finds an error feel free to report it.  I will do my best to fix it.

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
« Reply #29 on: 10 September 2013, 18:37:43 »
Kobura has a different gem of a character sheet which is pure character management. I like it because it can tell a GM or player if a skill cannot be attempted, changes to ATTs or Skills effecting each other, the combat management is a headache saver as well.

I noticed there is character creation happening on the last sheet. I would like some instructions on how to use it very much beyond the basics.

I am frequently available for this instruction. It's fairly WYSIWYG. Go through lifepaths, fill in as you go, adjust at the end. There's a place where you fill in the XP saved by using fields, birthday-bonus XP awarded for characters finished generation after 21 (if applicable), coming-of-age bonuses at 25, 31, etc (if applicable), and then your result should be 5000.

Studio6 is probably the least intuitive section of the document because I'm always right there during character creation. Helps with the munchkin crap (which hasn't happened yet, proud to say)
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape