Author Topic: Campaign Ops: Aerospace Pilots and Special Pilot Ability Questions  (Read 1514 times)

Charistoph

• Major
I apologize before hand if this needs to be broken up, but they are all basically the same general subject, even if not all the same specifically.

1) Aerospace Fighters with Marksman or Sharpshooter: Campaign Operations pg 77 & 79 respectively state that they are usable with Any unit.  Is an Aerospace Fighter pilot be able to use either abilities without coming to a complete stop, either landed on the Ground, Hovering in the air (if possible), or dead stop in Space?

Ex 1: A F-90 Stingray pilot does not change velocity or angle in Space, then attempts to use Marksman with their PPC against a Dropship.

Ex 2: A F-90 Corsair spends enough Thrust to maintain its Altitude and moves in the same direction before, attempts to use Marksman with their PPC against a Ground Target in a Strike Attack.

2) Aerospace Fighters with Cluster Hitter or Sandblaster: Campaign Operations pg 73 and pg 79 respectively state these are usable with Any unit.  Since Aerospace Weapons use a set Damage value for Cluster Weapons (ex: LRM-10 does 6 Damage) without using the Cluster Chart, specifically, how is it affected by these Special Pilot Abilities?  Is it recalculated like Artemis is?

Ex 1: A SL-17 Shilone with a Cluster-Hitter Pilot fires their LRM-20 with the Ability.  Normal Damage is 12, so all 12 Damage hits the same Spot. No additional Damage is accrued as Damage is considered always rolling a 7, and Cluster only makes it an 8 for no change.

Ex 2: A SL-17 Shilone with a Sandblaster Pilot fires their LRM-20 at each Range as they close in.  At Long Range, it's Damage is 16, At Medium Range it's Damage is 18, and at Short Range it's Damage is 20.

3) Aerospace Fighters and Speed Demon: Campaign Operations pg 80 says that Any unit with this ability adds 1 MP to their Running/Flanking Movement when not Shooting.  Aerospace Fighters use Thrust measurements.  Does Speed Demon allow a 6/9 V-12 Corsair to move as if it had 10 Maximum Thrust if they go without firing?
« Last Edit: 28 February 2024, 19:50:19 by Charistoph »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Charistoph

• Major
Re: Aerospace Pilots and Special Pilot Ability Questions
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2023, 12:26:39 »
Bumping this for another fly-by review.
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2023, 16:38:53 »
Bumping the tower.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2023, 16:20:19 »
Another month, another flyby bump.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 25 December 2023, 22:42:25 »
Pulling a Santa to do another flyby bump.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2024, 23:40:04 »
Another month, requesting another fly-bump.

Charistoph

• Major
Another month, another fly-bump.

Register