Author Topic: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 2  (Read 3007 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 2
« on: 16 March 2019, 21:33:07 »
Good day my fellow mechwarrios!  Our group was back at it today, playing through Track 2 of our early Jihad campaign.  This time around the players are tasked with disrupting a 1st Marik Militia fire base before striking at the first of two supply depots.  An important mission, as it will prevent the supply depot defenses from calling for reinforcements from the fire base.  Mission goals: destroy the communications tower and the base headquarters, with the players receiving a bonus if they can do so with less than 50% casualties.  The players were able to deploy up to 40% of their available forces.  The base defense was made up of the 1st Marik Militia's assault lance and battle lance, with a Grand Titan and Zeus for backup, and and armor lance of Von Luckner heavy tanks arriving on turn 3.

The game started with the Marik forces (me) already deployed on the map.  The players entered in from their home edge on turn 1.  Not much action against units.  However, the players were able to get some units lined up on the comm tower, and by the end of turn 1, it was nearly destroyed.

The action heated up on turn 2.  Marik mechs were able to move in and engage the some of the players' forces.  This did not go well for the Marik forces.  First the comm tower was destroyed, and then the players were successful in destroying the Militia's Albatross.

Turn 3 saw the players shifting their forces around to strike at the headquarters building using a combination of direct and indirect fire.  Militia forces attempted to interfere, but that only resulted in the Militia's Awesome and Tempest being destroyed, and their Orion put into forced withdrawal.  The armor lance did arrive, but at their slow movement rate, their help was too late in arriving.

Turn 4 signed the end of the headquarters building.  Militia units were able to trade fire again, but the destruction of the players' Guillotine was responded to by taking out the Militia's Grand Titan.

With the mission objectives completed, the players began withdrwaing their forces.  Marik forces attempted to give some chase, but there were no open shots.  By the end of turn 6, all player forces were off the map.

It was another fun game. :thumbsup:  The players scored extra rewards by salvaging the Awesome and Tempest from the battlefield.  Next round they head for the first supply depot and attempt to destroy/loot it.

Pictures are attached with more to come very shortly.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the viewing!

« Last Edit: 16 March 2019, 21:35:34 by Valkerie »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 2
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2019, 21:34:03 »
More pics.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2019, 21:35:11 »
Last batch.

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2019, 10:00:12 »
That looks like a lot of fun!  I like your terrain and Marik Militia paint jobs too!