Author Topic: TAMARON APTOSIS CELL (SOCIETY CLUSTER-EQUIVALENT)  (Read 3257 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
TAMARON APTOSIS CELL (SOCIETY CLUSTER-EQUIVALENT)
« on: 28 September 2019, 21:53:17 »
[Under Construction]

MEMORANDUM FOR KHAN HANNIBAL BANACEK (EYES ONLY)
Re:  Analysis of Society Military Organization and Doctrine
Fr:  Loremaster Sepha Paik
3086 JANUARY 1

Per your request, attached is the first complete debrief on a Society unit and its actions prior to the pacification of the Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster.  Information on most small Society units will remain shadowy due the secretive nature of their cells, the destruction of their records, and their limited operations in the field.  However, saKhan Raven Clearwater’s surkairede contained information on a handful of larger, cluster-sized, Society forces that answered directly to the False Khan on Tamaron and other Coyote worlds.  Combined with isorla, interrogation reports, and battlerom footage provided by the surviving Clans, we can paint a reasonably accurate picture of the numbers and operations of these larger, more regular Society units. 

Although we are unlikely to encounter such foes again given our scouring of nearby systems, the Society’s unorthodox equipment and asymmetrical tactics may provide lessons for future operations in defense of the Homeworlds or against the Hanseatic League and, ultimately, the Inner Sphere.  Although chalcas and dezgra in the extreme, it is difficult to argue with the ruthless efficiency of the Society war machine, especially given their limited resources.  To the extent we encounter dishonorable foes that we hold in as low regard as the Society held our Warrior Caste, it may be logistically and operationally wise to consider selective adoption of Society combat doctrines.

This report remains for your eyes only.  There will be no further distribution within our Clan or to the other Khans without your command.

TAMARON APOPTOSIS CELL

Named by Society genetic scientists for the biological process of programmed cell death called “apoptosis”, the Tamaron Apoptosis Cell was the oldest Society military unit and employed the full range of the Society’s asymmetric tactics at both the cell and sept level.  At the farthest ranges, the Apoptosis Cell

On the offense or defense, the Society employed a layered set of asymmetric tactics and weapons designed to severely degrade the advantages of trueborn warriors and Clan weapons technology.  These included shared targeting data, incendiary attacks, electromagnetic attacks, advanced electronic warfare suites and sensors, massed artillery and missile strikes, advanced electronic warfare suites, and advanced stealth, FASCAM and smoke warheads, and even fluid guns that sprayed everything from sensor-obscuring paints to bioweapons targeting trueborn genomes.

Command/Support Un

Un1:  Mobile HQ
Un1:  Huitzilopochtli Assault Tank
Un1:  Huitzilopochtli Assault Tank
Un1:  Mars Assault Vehicle
Un1:  Mars Assault Vehicle
Un1:  Odin (Spotter) Scout Tank
Un1:  Odin (Spotter) Scout Tank

Assault Sept

Un1:  Osteon D

Un2:  Turkina Z

Un3:  Turkina Z

Un4:  Sprite 2

Un5:  Boggart

Un6:  Basilisk (Quad)

Un7:  Kokou (XL) Defense Tank
Un7:  Chaparral Missile Tank
Un7:  Chaparral Missile Tank
Un7:  Rhino (Royal)
Un7:  Rhino (Royal)
Un7:  Odin (Spotter) Scout Tank
Un7:  Odin (Spotter) Scout Tank

Battle Sept

Un1:  Septicemia E

Un2:  Timber Wolf Z

Un3:  Timber Wolf Z

Un4:  Boggart

Un5:  Boggart 2

Un7:  Oro Heavy Tank
Un7:  Vali
Un7:  Vali
Un7:  Hachiman Fire Support Tank
Un7:  Hachiman Fire Support Tank
Un7:  Zephyr (Royal)

Strike Sept

Un1:  Septicemia E

Un2:  Stormcrow Z

Un3:  Stormcrow Z

Un5:  Basilisk (Quad)

Un6:  Basilisk (Quad) B

Un7:  Enyo Strike Tank
Un7:  Padilla Heavy Artillery Tank
Un7:  Padilla Heavy Artillery Tank
Un7:  Ares Medium Tank
Un7:  Ares Medium Tank

False Flag Sept

Un1:  Cephalus Prime

Un2:  Savage Coyote Z

Un3:  Savage Coyote Z

Un4:  Minotaur Z

Un5:  Roc Z

Un6:  Procyon Z

Un7:  Pike (Clan) Support Vehicle
Un7:  Morrigu Fire Support Vehicle
Un7:  Morrigu Fire Support Vehicle
Un7:  Demolisher (Clan) Heavy Tank
Un7:  Demolisher (Clan) Heavy Tank
Un7:  Shamash Reconnaissance Vehicle
Un7:  Shamash Reconnaissance Vehicle

Rogue Un

Un1:  Von Luckner (Star League) Heavy Tank
Un2:  LB-X Carrier
Un3:  LB-X Carrier
Un4:  Brunel (LRM)
Un5:  Brunel (LRM)
Un6:  Resgate (Spotter) Un/Saladin (Dark Caste)
Un7:  Resgate (Spotter) Un/Saladin (Dark Caste)
« Last Edit: 28 March 2020, 16:15:59 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: TAMARON APTOSIS CELL (SOCIETY CLUSTER-EQUIVALENT)
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2019, 20:20:34 »
Surprised your not using Septicemia F's...

Those twin A4's would help a lot!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2019, 17:41:27 »
Surprised your not using Septicemia F's...

Those twin A4's would help a lot!

TT

Between two Hueys, two Chaparrals, two Valis, and two Padillas, the Tamaron Aptosis Cell has ten Arrow IV tubes.  More indirect fire is usually better, especially for the poorly trained Society.  But the ability to put ten Arrow IV missiles on the board every turn seemed more than adequate for a cluster-sized unit like this Cell.

And even if more Arrow IV was desirable, I wouldn’t put it on mechs.  Due to their much higher survivability, mechs should be on the line (or close to it), while vulnerable vehicles should perform the safer artillery and indirect LRM lobbing duties at the rear.  Most of the Cell’s vehicles are:

1) throwing Arrow IV (Huey, Chaparral, Vali, Padilla);
2) throwing LRMs, ideally indirectly or using FASCAM/smoke (Mars, Rhino, Hachiman, Ares, Morrigu, LB-X Carrier, Brunel); or
3) spotting with TAG and Narc beacons or eyeballs (Odin, Zephyr, Shamash).

There are also one or two bodyguard tanks in each vehicle Un (Kokou, Oro, Enyo, Demolisher, Von Luckner).  And a few oddball vehicles (Mobile HQ, Pike, Saladin).

But the bulk of each vehicle Un is focused on delivering massed artillery and fire support
for the mech and protomech Uns.

That frees up the mechs and protomechs to either play dirty with incendiary and EM attacks (Turkina Z, TWolf Z, Stormcrow Z, SYote Z, Boggart, Basilisk Quads) or to get munchy with direct pulse/TC attacks that offset poor Society gunnery skills (Osteon D, Septicemia E, Boggart 2).

The Cell — and really each Sept within the Cell — is set up to degrade a Clan unit with so many Arrow IV, massed LRM, incendiary, and EM attacks that it’s relatively easy to finish the Clanners off with the Cell/Sept’s remaining direct fire units.

That’s the theory.  I obviously need to find the time to write this down in and finish the OP.

"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2020, 13:42:40 »
I approve!

Maybe toss in an ASF Sept if you think that it's necessary?
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2020, 11:28:14 »
I approve!

Thx, Crow.  At some point, I’ll finish the fluff and do a second TO&E to show how degraded the unit became before the end.

Maybe toss in an ASF Sept if you think that it's necessary?

I would, but I limited this exercise to the MUL, and there’s not much to work with.  No pure Society designs, and only the Bashkir, Batu, and Sabutai have Z configs to build a Nova CEWS network.  And I think the Batu and Sabutai are further nerfed by the limits on iATMs in aerospace combat.

Someday, I’ll write up some Society drone fighters or something.  But when finished, the fluff on this unit will make reference to aerospace assets being held at a higher, strategic level than this or other cells.