Author Topic: Outreach Irregulars  (Read 20725 times)

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Re: Outreach Irregulars
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2021, 06:29:41 »
I.E. loaned the Outreach Irregulars to the D.C.M.S. to assist the evacuation of Ninyu Kerai-Indrahar, the severely injured head of the I.S.F. They were dropped into the Scales of the Dragonet Mountains, where Kerai-Indrahar's convoy was taking a secret route to a secure DropPort. It soon became apparent that the route was not as secret as the D.C.M.S. hoped. Elements from the W.o.B.M.'s Eighth Division were detected in pursuit, leaving the Irregulars scant time to prepare a defense.

Callaghan led his 'Mechs in a series of stalling actions to buy time for his armor to setup a position at a narrow pass ahead of them. A supporting platoon of Kage battle armor proved decisive, giving the defense enough firepower to dissuade the WoBblies from trying to break through the pass. Once the convoy had a large enough lead, the Irregulars then charged the WoBblies with almost reckless abandon forcing the Blakists to pull back a few klicks while the convoy safely reached the DropPort. Once there they turned over defense of Kerai-Indrahar to the D.C.M.S. and made their own way off-world.

The Blakist Eight wasn't content to let Kerai-Indrahar get away. Their aerospace forces attempted to intercept the Condor-class dropper carrying Kerai-Indrahar off-world. The Irregulars' Dropship, the Calypso IV, was in a position to assist the defense, and their I.E. liaison encouraged the unit to do so. After driving off the Blakist fighters, they were commended for "volunteering" to assist the D.C.M.S. a second time and were rewarded with some decent military equipment.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #31 on: 24 March 2021, 20:48:01 »
After driving off the Blakist fighters, they were commended for "volunteering" to assist the D.C.M.S. a second time and were rewarded with some decent military equipment.

I see your signal Stormrider...

Let me see what I have in the " storage ".

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Stormrider

• Sergeant
  • To each his own unless I'm running the show.
« Reply #32 on: 27 March 2021, 01:16:07 »
Ooh Ooh, This aughta be real good,  ^-^ :D

All hail the god of war!!

Avatar by ShadowRaven. Thanks SR.

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 27 March 2021, 07:01:24 »
Don't encourage him Stormy, I have enough trouble with you at times as it is  :flame: :ticked: >:(.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 28 March 2021, 18:51:49 »
HPG sent...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2021, 03:35:06 »
HPG Received...

Geez Truetanker, I want to challenge and maybe hurt the Outreach Irregulars - NOT eviscerate and eat the remaining squishy bits. You are evil (Shudders at the thought of the depths of Tt's genius/madness) !!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 29 March 2021, 20:38:03 »
I thought you wanted me to write Deathknight's eulogy...

My bad.

TT
 >:D
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 29 March 2021, 21:21:16 »
TT you are such a kind person volunteering to write a beautiful eulogy for DK.
One day you will be canonised and made a saint. :D :thumbsup:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 30 March 2021, 21:29:11 »
are you sure tt will be a saint? 8) 8) 8)

I'm thinking more >:D
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 30 March 2021, 23:13:37 »
He will still be canonised, what do you think that Long Tom is for. >:D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 01 April 2021, 22:59:49 »
Thumper and " other " stuff...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 05 April 2021, 07:01:45 »
I thought you wanted me to write Deathknight's eulogy...

My bad.

TT
 >:D

Umm, Hell know -> You've already caused more lost men, women and material than is allowed by law and bt rules of warfare. Your NOT allowed to destroy anymore of my units EVER !!!!!

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: 05 April 2021, 07:05:37 »
That being said (see above response for more clues  :rant: :bang:) ...

I find myself with an interesting dilemma at the moment. I have more spare stuff than bodies to put into things. I'm working on a current salvage list at the moment while the Irregulars travel to Solaris 7 to work another I.E. contract.

More to follow...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 06 April 2021, 13:30:01 »
1) Not sorry...

2) I sell these at my work :

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81JCuzmNalL._AC_SL1350_.jpg

And finally, 3) I think I've covered my ass pretty well, it's your own fault that you bought used Hellbie Die over the interwebs, not mine!

4) I have a whole bag... snakespinner and DOC_Agren both have a copy of my Memory Core what I sent to Stormrider!

And I did leave a " quote " thing about what could be...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 09 April 2021, 00:12:00 »
I might need those signs for work

and TT why would you say I have a tt memory core 8)

and we are current playing DH online via Zoom and we have a player who even the online diceroller he tried hates him...  when you have 60 plus in a skill you should not fail by 30+
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 09 April 2021, 14:31:47 »
I really hope you put these in your next battle!

>:D maybe with that earlier HPG msg I sent.

Tau [redacted]

(( short list ))
Enhanced Multi-Modal Eyes
Pain Shun
Triple-Core Processor
Claws
    Made you look   

BV Courtesy of Herb

Design: Truetanker

Enjoy!

12 troopers (2 squads x 6 per squad)
([redacted] MP/turn)
3 tons
Armor Divisor [redacted]
Damage [redacted] per Squad, [redacted] total weapons damage
BV :251 for [redacted] ; 274 for anything better
redacted] for 264 BV and 288, respectively

I want him to sing, maybe against a Choir of Tau? ( Traditional and these? )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 09 April 2021, 22:19:03 »
can't you give him 1 easy game

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 09 April 2021, 22:28:37 »
What I could do that, if SR would allow me to combat drop a Level VI combined arms introtech Division on him!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 09 April 2021, 22:44:19 »
TT, do these guys ever beat one of your tailor-made forces.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: 10 April 2021, 05:45:41 »
Umm, For the record I have to sometimes lessen the lethality of Tt's suggested opposing forces to ensure at least some chance of survival of the current unit Dk69 is running. Tt really does have a sick and twisted mind when it comes to idea's for Op For -> really sick and twisted. Truetanker - Do you currently visit on a regular basis a member of the Health care profession for your un-diagnosed condition ?????

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 10 April 2021, 05:49:05 »

Yes, Dk69 has beaten some of Tt's suggested Op For forces. No real long-term successes mind you, but he has done it a few times. :o
« Last Edit: 10 April 2021, 23:18:28 by Stormrider »

Stormrider

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 10 April 2021, 05:56:35 »
I'm currently sifting thru the salvage list for the Outreach Irregulars pre-Solaris 7 mission. It's decent stuff to be sure. No Celestial's or prototype super-heavies but he did make out really well pulling off the ISF Director mini-campaign. He pulled a rebuilt [redacted]Mad Cat Mk. II[/redacted] and some crunchy troopers and their dedicated rides as rewards / compensation.

Now before peeps go nuts with this info -> He earned it by seriously curb-stomping the Blakies when he needed to the most.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 10 April 2021, 09:57:20 »
Umm, For the record I have to sometimes lessen the lethality of Tt's suggested opposing forces to ensure at least some chance of survival of the current unit Dk69 is running. Tt really does have a sick and twisted mind when it comes to idea's for Op For -> really sick and twisted. Truetanker - Do you currently visit on a regular basis a member of the Health care profession for your un-diagnosed condition ?????
TT would be the professional he was seeing now needs to see a professional himself   >:D

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 10 April 2021, 23:22:06 »

I play what would be considered Level 3 play : Artillery, NBC Warfare, All the Infantry, Vehicular and Space rules. Mostly against my AU Clan, Iron Dolphin.

Currently I am in Late Jihad - Early DA ( 3095 ). Might be kind of hard to explain :

Since I'm currently restructuring the History of Azeroth with recently declassified documents. ( New tech, new idea and a new NPC help ( a few close friends ) to, you know, compete with against. )

The Society is here, the Word of Blake are here, there is a Clan, mine, there are other Clans as well. ( Jade Wolf among others, no Wolf or Falcon. ) I have Pyrates ( not a typo ), I also have a small Inner Sphere : Colony ( think Terra of Azeroth ), The Shino Empire ( CapCon - Kurita Alliance ), Marik ( Just Marik ), The Lyran Group and several dozen Independents.

Most of the weapons are either Primitive or early Prototype ( Age of War ). The thing is, ALL of the tech is backwards, so no Fusion, just ICE and Fission! That's right Fission. Only the WoB and Clans have Fusion engines and better tech.

And I have, IRL, close to three Companies of UnSeen... that I can place on the boards to fight.

Just imagine a Warhammer with Primitive weapons, Heavy Industrial Armor and a Fission engine. ( Standard -6R, Energy Weapons, SRM Missiles and a 16 ton Fission ( 3/5 MP ). For those that use LRM Missiles, their the same weight and just like the SRMs, three-quarters of Ammo per ton. Not to mention lots and lots of Primitive Rocket Launchers!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 11 April 2021, 04:50:03 »
In Tt's defense -> He does have a very wicked mind for doing-up OpFor, The sick and twisted type of wicked. I will say that I'm glad? I don't have to see him across the battlefield on a real-time basis. I'd be propably brownpants-ing it after his forces show up.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 11 April 2021, 15:25:40 »
In Tt's defense -> He does have a very wicked mind for doing-up OpFor, The sick and twisted type of wicked. I will say that I'm glad? I don't have to see him across the battlefield on a real-time basis. I'd be propably brownpants-ing it after his forces show up.

Feeling ok?

I might have put to much strain on you...

I'll lay off the on the OpFor for a bit.

Stormy, send up a flare if you need help.

TT
( No really... I'll stand down... )

* Throws away the proposed unit : 2 King Crab-008, 2 Awesome-10KM Cameron and 2 Vanquisher 1-5V and 1 -7V *
« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 15:35:56 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 12 April 2021, 13:48:14 »
TT what stats are you using for Fission Engines..

And that proposed unit doesn't look that bad..  Almost nice

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 12 April 2021, 17:27:02 »
TT what stats are you using for Fission Engines..

And that proposed unit doesn't look that bad..  Almost nice

Standard TM

A 4/6 Fusion = 16 tons

A 3/5 Fission = 16 tons

Most of my minis are 4/6 300 Vlar types... two Lances of Archer, a Lance Marauder and 6 lovely 'Hammers. Which usually means I get to either add Ammo or another heatsink or two. ( I roll a d8 to decide :8+ base weight ( L -3, M -2, H -1 and A -0 ) If I didn't roll the number ( 8 minus the weight class ), it got more ammo, if I was off by one, it got armor, otherwise it got sinks instead. ) The Hunchback got Ammo, and remember : Primitives run hotter than normal.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 24 April 2021, 05:08:21 »
Situation:
Grid 45Y18X, Tangerine Desert
SOLARIS VII, LYRAN ALLIANCE
16 June 3068

{Excerpt from Wolfnet report 30680819/521-Beta, filed by agent Ramios 2}
  [Captain Drake Callaghan]: Look alive, folks. There are reports of riots going on in Solaris City.
  [Lieutenant Jessica Yurei Majoris]: So? Are you expecting the rioters to show up here?
  [Lieutenant Jasper Rodgers]: Captain, were out in the middle of the desert. Who's gonna show up?
  [Drake]: It could be anybody, Jasper. Something's in the air.
  [Yurei Majoris]: The only thing in the air out here is sand! Chief Tetsuko-Ayres is already unhappy with the extra work his techs are putting in. He's starting to "volun-told" off duty 'mechjocks, armor crews and the new crunchie troopers into astech duty to help out.
  [Drake]: We do our job, folks. Would you rather deal with sand or other nasty things that go bump in the night?
  [Rodgers]: With all due respect, Captain, I would prefer to deal with that cute little redh-
  [Staff Sargeant Laurie Collins]: Heads up! I'm picking up an incoming force!
  [Rodgers] [annoyed] Laurie, If you're-
  [Drake]: She's not! Multiple targets, coming in from the south-southwest! Let's go Irregulars!

"Well the Jihad giveth and the WoBblies taketh away... Solaris VII was a shitshow that shouldn't have needed to happen. If the S.H.D.L. had just stuck together thru-out the campaign, they'd have kicked the shit outta the Blakists a whole lot sooner. But old rivalries and grudges die hard. I feel bad for the ordinary citizens of the planet, they'll be suffering for far longer than the dead had to suffer in the campaign to reclaim their homes and world." Excerpt from personal log: D. J. Callaghan, Capt., C.O.,  July '68
« Last Edit: 02 May 2021, 03:24:49 by Deathknight69 »

Deathknight69

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: 25 April 2021, 08:12:17 »
Well the Jihad giveth and the WoBblies taketh away...

Seriously what the actual ******' Hell ?!?!

If I didn't know any better I'd say a certain cretinous treadhead has wormed his way into the chaotic mix of battle again...
« Last Edit: 26 April 2021, 03:25:31 by Deathknight69 »

Register