Author Topic: Canon color scheme for ComStar robes?  (Read 2581 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Canon color scheme for ComStar robes?
« on: 30 July 2013, 12:49:18 »
Checking on some references, I came across a bit of a disconnect between the sourcebooks and the fiction:

FM: ComStar lays out the following color coding for ComStar's robe/ranks:

Acolyte: White
Adept: Yellow
Demi-Precentor: Green
Precentor: Red
Precentor Martial: Entitled to red, but in practice, white.

However, the Stackpole books show the following:

Acolyte: Yellow
Adept: Not mentioned
Demi-Precentor: Red
Precentor: Red
Precentor ROM: Black
Primus: Anything they wanted - Dun/Tan (Tiepolo), Gold (Waterly) and Gray (Mori)

Did Focht & Mori change the robe coloring scheme after the reformation (explaining the differences)?  And would that mean that the traditionalist Word of Blake used the Stackpole mix (yellow for Acolytes)?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Canon color scheme for ComStar robes?
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2013, 13:23:46 »
Hello,

Focht and Mori likely had the color scheme changed. That would, at least, be the easiest explanation.

The alternative is that Stackpoole's books are wrong on this matter, with the newer sources trumping them.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2013, 14:13:41 »
Thanks for the quick and enlightening response.  The next question - is it only the Manei Domini that goes pantsless in the field whilst wearing robes, or is that a privilege the rank and file enjoy as well?  :)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2013, 14:43:24 »
Hello,

I am afraid I cannot engage in this humorous exchange. It gets me in trouble.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas

Register