Author Topic: Republic novel list ?  (Read 1977 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
Republic novel list ?
« on: 07 August 2012, 04:52:26 »
just a quick question, what would you say are the "major" Republic novels to read ?

Cheers

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Re: Republic novel list ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2012, 05:15:42 »
I'd suggest:
- A Call to Arms

- By Temptations and By War

- And then the "core" books, taking part on Terra: The Scorpion Jar, Sword of Sedition and Fortress Republic

- Surrender Your Dreams

- Wolf Hunters also gives a good idea of the post Fortress splinter factions and mini kingdoms that crop up

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2012, 08:23:06 »
I'd suggest:
- A Call to Arms

- By Temptations and By War

- And then the "core" books, taking part on Terra: The Scorpion Jar, Sword of Sedition and Fortress Republic

- Surrender Your Dreams

- Wolf Hunters also gives a good idea of the post Fortress splinter factions and mini kingdoms that crop up

I'd like add to that list with..
- Fortress of Lies and Masters of War (Post-Republic book, but it gives good impression how prefecture were dealing with being cut off.)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2012, 19:42:59 »
I'd like add to that list with..
- Fortress of Lies and Masters of War (Post-Republic book, but it gives good impression how prefecture were dealing with being cut off.)

I'd second Wrangler's suggestion there.
I didn't mention either of these because while they're set in the Republic the major players are members of splinter groups (Swordsworn, former Steel Wolves, mercs, etc) or outsiders (Clan Wolf).

that said, they're both excellent books.

On a side note I recently played a Megamek campaign of the combined Swordsworn/Republic defense of New Aragon against the Cappies.
Lots of fun - especially using the light cav/hit and fade tactics of the Ghost Legion against the Cappies

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067